Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Digi Fans Club & Enquiries V17, Let's Inspire

views

JohnLai
post Jul 7 2019, 01:34 PM

Skeptical Cat
3,620 posts

Does https://new.digi.com.my/webchat actually work? bangwall.gif

Edit: Okay it works......after waiting for 12 minutes......

So, I asked if it is possible to disable PAYU (pay as you go) for my sister phone as she sometimes got charged with PAYU rate after exhausting her data quota. The agent said it is possible and he/she will active "Free Base Internet 0MB". Is this correct? blink.gif Already got the SMS ; Successfully Activated - Free Base Internet 0MB

Edit2:
So.....if my sister subscribes to the RM15 30 days validity 2GB pack, can she still online? If she used up the quota, does the "free base internet 0MB" still functional? Or the 'Free Base Internet 0MB' will be automatically deactivated permanently or temporarily after internet pack subscription? confused.gif

This post has been edited by JohnLai: Jul 7 2019, 01:58 PM
JohnLai
post Jul 7 2019, 07:42 PM

Skeptical Cat
3,620 posts

QUOTE(dgboy @ Jul 7 2019, 02:22 PM)
If I understood correctly, it should be that the internet access is barred if your sister uses up all her subscription data quota, or does not subscribe anything.
Then everything should be okay for her.....

QUOTE(RDoe @ Jul 7 2019, 06:04 PM)
Which Digi Prepaid plan is your sister's? Name of the plan and which version?

Anyway, I've only come across Free Basic Internet and not Free Base Internet, so no idea what that is. With Free Basic Internet, your sister can use data and not be charged, if she's used within the limit given, if any.

The RM15 30-day 2GB pack that I know of is from the Cili Padi pass, which from last I checked, came with a 30-day validity. So with a plan I have that has Free Basic Internet, it kicked in once I've exhausted the 2GB within that month, so I could continue going online, though at a slower speed.
Her plan is Digi Best Prepaid V4. Ancient plan with RM38 super long life. This plan doesn't have basic internet.
The sad part is......she was planning to subscribe RM15 30-days 2GB only to discover it isn't available for her plan just now. doh.gif

QUOTE(RDoe @ Jul 7 2019, 06:10 PM)
@JohnLai
I've tried Live Chat from the Digi app, and they're pretty efficient in answering my queries once it's my turn in the queue. Can try this too.
I'm wondering about the "Free Base Internet" that he's mentioned. If it's actually the Free Basic Internet that we know of, then I don't think her internet access will be barred if they've really given FBI to her after deactivating PAYU...
I already helped my sister to query DIGI and asked for the difference between "Stop_Internet" and "Free Base Internet 0MB", the agent said it is the same. It is not the 500Mb slow basic internet.

For those with random multiple 50cent charges due to 4G issue, you can contact digi to disable PAYU.
JohnLai
post Jul 7 2019, 11:34 PM

Skeptical Cat
3,620 posts

QUOTE(abcn1n @ Jul 7 2019, 10:28 PM)
That is actually my plan but guess ,maybe people can't subscribe to it anymore
No good package from Digi recently too.
All need to top up a lot of money just for validity.

My sister missed the train on the auto renewal monthly BOS RM10 16GB (1gb + 500MB daily 1pm-7pm) offer too. But I don't know if this particular BOS can extend validity or not.
In my case, I had Super Long Life at RM38 (still got long time before validity expiry) coupled with that RM10 BOS offer.

Any advice on cheap alternative other than Yoodo RM12 for 30 days similar to the previous cheap Digi BOS offer above? notworthy.gif
JohnLai
post Jul 7 2019, 11:56 PM

Skeptical Cat
3,620 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jul 7 2019, 11:45 PM)
What is the usage behaviour and budget per month?
I can see that what you want is, to pay as low as you can and you want the line to be always active and never go expire.

But how about your usage behaviour, like how would you use it?
Like, do you even need any data? Do you call often?
Not sure on her usage. I only know her Digi balance is RM 600 plus something.
My sister actually wants to follow mine. RM38 365days SLL once + (RM10 BOS auto-renewal monthly X 12 months) = RM158 annually
But since she missed the BOS RM10 offer, she was considering RM15 30Days 2Gb until that RM10 BOS offer appear again, but as I wrote, that Cili Padi doesn't appear at her MyDigi app.

I don't have problem with my current setup........but my sister isn't able to get the same setup as mine.

Personally, I think it is very hard for her to port out into other provider.......her phone prepaid balance is too much. sweat.gif
JohnLai
post Jul 8 2019, 12:54 AM

Skeptical Cat
3,620 posts

QUOTE(soonwai @ Jul 8 2019, 12:33 AM)
She doesn't use any of the rewards? I reload around RM30-50 into my prepaid cards just for the rewards and iTunes billing every month. I don't use Digi for calls or data. A few numbers which require data for Whatsapp are older numbers on Best v1 or v4 with IDDIC. I stopped buying SLL RM38 after I started reloading and buying rewards every month.
Probably nope, cause I just installed MyDigi apps on her phone not too long ago. She doesn't even know about rewards stuff. laugh.gif

QUOTE(abcn1n @ Jul 8 2019, 12:50 AM)
These are what I have studied/use more (ie Yoodo, Redone, Digi, Unifi, Yes). Celcom, Umobile, Tunetalk, XOX etc not right for me, so when I mentioned cheapest/more expensive, am only comparing Yoodo, Redone, Digi, Unifi

--For monthly, Yoodo is the best/cheapest

--There are plans such as XOX with long validity and supposedly good price (can't really understand the plan though) but beware that XOX sms can have problems. 1 forumer mentioned that XOX prides itself to be spam free until bank sms can be considered spam. Haha!

--Redone postpaid cheapest is $8/month + SST(usually about 50 cents) for 1 GB data. They don't have 2GB. The next cheapest is around $28+

--Unifi bebas is good if you can get it as there is no expiry date as long as you use a bit of it/top up a bit each time (limit to 1 sim card per customer). Not sure whether it still comes with free 10GB LTE data. The top up is a bit complicated due to division between 4g/3g etc, so you may want to see the website

Yes--am only family with konfem 4G which is $30/mth for unlimited data capped at 4MBps. They have other plans but I'm not familiar

In terms of price per call/sms, digi is the most expensive.
My Digi plan-- calls@26 cents and sms@20 cents
However, if you need to call/sms Singapore, Digi is the cheapest

Yoodo calls and sms are the cheapest, followed  closely by Unifi. Redone calls/sms are more expensive (if to 'non-Redone 'prepaid/postpaid' users--a bit complicated here but still cheaper than Digi.

Suggest your sister get Unifi bebas and another telco sim card. It  really depends on her data usage etc.  Your sister's credit is really a lot, so I guess use it only when there are really good offers. Otherwise use other telco lines.

There's always a grace period for the telcos. So you don't need to renew it every month if don't need the data.
Thanks for the info, I will forward this to her. notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
JohnLai
post Jul 10 2019, 08:55 PM

Skeptical Cat
3,620 posts

QUOTE(abcn1n @ Jul 10 2019, 07:25 PM)
I wonder if a lot of people complain or raise their concerns to MCMC and explain about charges such as PAYU which they would not have known until they see the detailed usage, maybe MCMC will make Digi  show us the details again. But guess I'm just daydreaming on that. Ha!
I thought all telco must provide a mean for user to view detailed usage by law? blink.gif
JohnLai
post Jul 10 2019, 11:28 PM

Skeptical Cat
3,620 posts

QUOTE(abcn1n @ Jul 10 2019, 11:01 PM)
JohnLai I have no idea. If that's really the law, then that's good and good only if the telcos follow it.
https://www.mcmc.gov.my/skmmgovmy/files/att...onsumerCode.pdf

Itemization of Charges

A  Service  Provider  must  ensure  that  Customers  have  access  to  itemized  details of all charges in relation to the services provided either on the bill or on a separate advice provided by the Service Provider upon request.

Unless  otherwise  requested  by  or  agreed  with  the  customer,  Service  Providers  must  provide  itemized  details  during  the  current  billing  period.  Where  applicable,  the  Service  Provider  must  inform  Customers  of  the  notice  period  required  to  obtain  itemized  billing.  In  addition,  they  must  ensure  that  itemized  details  contained  in  the  previous  bills  are  available  for  a  minimum  period as required by law.

Except  in  the  circumstances  provided  below,  a  Service  Provider  shall  not  charge  its  Customer  for  bills  issued.  The  circumstances  in  which  a  Service  Provider  may  so  charge,  are  generally  where  Customer  requests  impose  out  of the ordinary requirements on the Service Provider such as :-
a. Requests for past itemization details;
b. Frivolous, vexatious or onerous requests;
c. Such  other  situations  as  are  reasonably  considered  by  the  Service  Provider as incurring cost in carrying out the requests of the Customer.

In the event of a Service Provider wishing to levy charges in any of these instances, the Service Provider shall first inform the Customer of its intention to levy the charge as a result of the Customer’s request and obtain the consent of the Customer.

JohnLai
post Jul 10 2019, 11:40 PM

Skeptical Cat
3,620 posts

QUOTE(alexanderclz @ Jul 10 2019, 11:30 PM)
maybe you can try shooting a mail to MCMC
I shall leave it to someone for doing the shooting. unsure.gif

Extra support material in case someone argue the GeneralConsumerCode by Communications and Multimedia Consumer Forum of Malaysia (CfM) is just a code...... sweat.gif

https://www.mcmc.gov.my/skmmgovmy/media/Gen.../Act588bi_1.pdf
LAWS OF MALAYSIA ACT 588 COMMUNICATIONS AND MULTIMEDIA ACT 1998 Incorporating latest amendment - Act A1220/2004

189. Consumer forum.
The  Commission  may  designate  an  industry  body  to  be  a  consumer  forum  for  the  purposes  of  this  Chapter.

190. Matters for consumer code.
(1)  A  consumer  code  prepared  by  a  consumer  forum  or  the  Commission  shall  include  model  procedures for —
(a) reasonably meeting consumer requirements;
(b)  the  handling  of  customer  complaints  and  disputes  including  an  inexpensive  arbitration  process  other  than  a  court,  and  procedures  for  the  compensation  of  customers  in  case  of  a  breach of a consumer code; and/or
© the protection of consumer information.

(2) The matters which the consumer code may address may include, but are not limited to —
(a) the provision of information to customers regarding services, rates and performance;
(b) the provisioning and fault repair of services;
© the advertising or representation of services;
(d) customer charging, billing, collection and credit practices; and
(e) any other matter of concern to consumers.

191. Publication of consumer code.
After the preparation of a consumer code, the consumer code shall be published and notice of it shall be advertised in at least one national language and one English language national daily newspapers for at least three consecutive days.

JohnLai
post Jul 25 2019, 03:37 PM

Skeptical Cat
3,620 posts

QUOTE(saitong09 @ Jul 25 2019, 07:37 AM)
Take the rm1 unlimited, no need headache smile.gif
Auto validity extension?

Let say if I subscribe to this RM1 Unlimited......do I still need to subscribe RM38 Super Long Life 365 days (old package)?
JohnLai
post Aug 28 2019, 11:48 AM

Skeptical Cat
3,620 posts

Oh? Seem like Digi RM1 Unlimited from BOS is no longer available? sad.gif

Just when I am about to have some income to subscribe it.

JohnLai
post Aug 29 2019, 08:32 PM

Skeptical Cat
3,620 posts

QUOTE(asellus @ Aug 29 2019, 04:12 PM)
I haven't subscribed to them, and I never planned to.
This DIGI is very funny.......people who want to subscribe can't get it while people who doesn't want to subscribe can get it.
I wonder who manage Digi marketing team or big data analysis...... dry.gif
JohnLai
post Aug 30 2019, 11:07 AM

Skeptical Cat
3,620 posts

QUOTE(drcro @ Aug 30 2019, 08:16 AM)
[attachmentid=10307117]
QUOTE(RDoe @ Aug 30 2019, 10:39 AM)
I just received SMS about this offer too.
24 Hours only? Macam tak gemilang je offer DIGI ni puke.gif .........if whole month for 62Gb + validity.....barulah bulan Kegemilangan Kemerdekaan......
JohnLai
post Aug 30 2019, 03:53 PM

Skeptical Cat
3,620 posts

QUOTE(JuneResources @ Aug 30 2019, 01:48 PM)
Stupid, 24 hours 62GB?
Hw to use oh? Expect 24 hours gaming, social, browsing, youtubing?

It seems like only available for postpaid account, prepaid only don't have.
That makes it even worse.

QUOTE(tympg @ Aug 30 2019, 03:33 PM)
Digi knows most users will not come close to using 62GB in 24 hours but it makes them appear "generous".
Backfired for sure on Digi. mega_shok.gif

Now I wonder where is DIGI prepaid merdeka promo? hmm.gif
JohnLai
post Oct 30 2019, 08:14 PM

Skeptical Cat
3,620 posts

I got other DIGI number which I want to port out into Unifi Mobile, but I encountered error :
Customer numbers are temporarily disconnected- involuntarily

Contacted Digi and wasted RM8 for phone call, agent said everything is fine with my account. The digi account is active too.
My account is still active and there is balance of RM2.60 remaining.
Digi agent on the phone requested me to ask TM to resubmit, how in the world?

Anyone can assist me in dealing with the issue?

My first port out was fine........how come my second number has problem?
JohnLai
post Oct 30 2019, 09:48 PM

Skeptical Cat
3,620 posts

QUOTE(Chrono-Trigger @ Oct 30 2019, 08:22 PM)
Have u unsubscribed to all the recurring monthly internet plan ?
I don't have any recurring monthly internet plan for that number.
Only active Super Long Life at RM38 with 6 months remaining. sad.gif

QUOTE(tympg @ Oct 30 2019, 09:32 PM)
I forgot where I read, Digi was advising users to have minimum of RM10 credit when porting out.

Not sure if this is a fixed rule or not.
RM10?
But Digi live chat agent is informing me that I only need RM 0.01 (one of criterias) to port out. confused.gif
JohnLai
post Oct 30 2019, 10:01 PM

Skeptical Cat
3,620 posts

Digi customer service agent actually called me at 11:37am today and offered me RM25 monthly offer with xxGb and unlimited call something (can't quite recall how many gb), but I insisted to port out. Then Digi agent asked me for the reason for porting out.
I straight away informed the agent about TM 'kredit tak mati' and no monthly commitment other than tiny usage of whatsapps/viber to keep the line active. I informed the agent that RM25 monthly offer is still very expensive for me to maintain for whole year. Agent eventually reconfirmed with me on my intention to port out.

At 7:35pm*, I received sms from DIGI that my switch over request has been denied and an email detailing that error I posted just now.

*Already contacted DIGI Live Chat, LCA (live chat agent) said everything is green for me to port out and LCA asked me to contact TM to resubmit*

Currently waiting for the second SMS on porting out from Digi.....

This post has been edited by JohnLai: Oct 30 2019, 10:04 PM
JohnLai
post Oct 30 2019, 10:13 PM

Skeptical Cat
3,620 posts

QUOTE(soonwai @ Oct 30 2019, 10:05 PM)
RM25 very enticing. Later I try port out one of my numbers.
It is enticing indeed....If only my salary is higher..... cry.gif

QUOTE(Chrono-Trigger @ Oct 30 2019, 10:09 PM)
just try again
Yes, that is what I am doing now....waiting....... sad.gif
JohnLai
post Jun 11 2020, 09:28 PM

Skeptical Cat
3,620 posts

QUOTE(destiny017 @ Jun 11 2020, 09:23 PM)
Maybe im outdated already, what the benefit of 5G actually?More stable and more speed? More Indoor signal strength? hmm.gif
Speed? Depend on the frequency.

Higher frequency = more data transmission = lower range = weak obstacles penetration
Lower frequency = lower data transmission = super range = better indoor signal.

But....about the data per frequency, 4G protocol already approached the Shannon limit or Shannon capacity.

Which mean the improvement in speed (amount of carryable data per frequency) in changing to 5G protocol is practically little to nil.

Meaning if 5G is using the same frequency and bandwidth as 4G right now, there isn't much different other than better latency?

edit: here is reference reading

https://cmte.ieee.org/futuredirections/2017...ology-enablers/

This post has been edited by JohnLai: Jun 11 2020, 09:32 PM
JohnLai
post Jun 11 2020, 10:01 PM

Skeptical Cat
3,620 posts

QUOTE(Chrono-Trigger @ Jun 11 2020, 09:52 PM)
won't the billions of ringgit be better spent to upgrade fiber to 1TBPS connection, which is more future proof, than to spend money on something that expires in 10 years time?

I would prefer my home fiber to be upgraded to 10GBPS, 100GBPS or 1 TBPS speed, than to have my 5G phone that connect at 100mbps on average speed?

i would rather my phone stays as a form of communication, and not intrude into my personal space and life.
It is all about marketing and services + job creation.
If it just a simple fibre upgrade = not much "money movement" on marketing/services + job creation.
Just a few manufacturing and replacement of new mutiplexer hardware for fibre ONU/ONT etc and re-use of same old fibre cables.

If it is about wireless stuff = fuh yo.....from top to bottom, everyone is happy with receiving "money" and "satisfaction" ohmy.gif . Transmitter changed, phone changed, package plan changed, marketing changed, services changed, center also changed, towers erected here and there.......it is all about "money movement + job creation".

Anyway, about 5G, the bad news ?

https://www.extremetech.com/mobile/295228-5...-summer-weather
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/07/the...eds-the-summer/
"persistent overheating" issues plague 5G hardware.

Not even the transition from 2G to 3G and 4G exhibited such level of power drain and overheating issues.
One can argue the 5G hardware isn't mature yet....but..... laugh.gif

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1489sec    0.32    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:03 PM