Casual
341 posts

Hi Guys, need some suggestion from you guys

My ride:
Perodua Myvi (2019, 1.5H variant).

- Prefers SQ/SPL/SQL:
Not sure, possibly SQ.

- File format/medium used for my source:
Bluetooth Stream from Phone Spotify (Highest quality in setting)

- Music genre:
EDM, Pop, hip-hop/rap, R&B

- Budget:
Around RM2000 but can addon till RM2500 if it is needed

- Setup type preferences:
Replace HU
Replace Front Speaker
disconnect rear speaker(disconnect the rear speaker so it won't effect the SQ of the front right?)
Add underseat subwoofer

- Other requirements (if any):
Must keep steering wheel controls.
Plug and play because I don't want to void the warranty
Reverse camera
Front camera(Optional, if can make it between the budget that will be good)
Share phone GPS app screen/Youtube to HU Screen, something called mirror link or what? (Optional, if can make it between the budget that will be good)

This post has been edited by lawrencehl: Jun 29 2019, 12:34 PM
Calveez
post Jul 31 2019, 04:05 PM

42 posts

[quote=lawrencehl,Jun 29 2019, 11:58 AM]

My ride:

Hi,
Sharing my mods I did on my MYvi G3 - H spec:
Standard HU -
Changed: Front speakers to 6.5" Hertz component (Back still ori) Didnt fade the rear
Added Pioneer sub woofer under passenger sit. No amps added.
Soundproof all four 4 doors (DIY) and with foam rings.

Result: USB - bass and mid are clear (Sub running on low gains)
Bluetooth - volume level drop significantly on spotify (not sure why)
Radio - as usual cannot expect much (high distortion)

Next action:
Change the rear speakers and find out reason for the drop in volume when connected via bluetooth or
worst case scenario change the HU.
icon_rolleyes.gif

TSlawrencehl
post Jul 31 2019, 05:59 PM

Casual
341 posts

[quote=Calveez,Jul 31 2019, 04:05 PM]
[quote=lawrencehl,Jun 29 2019, 11:58 AM]

My ride:

Hi,
Sharing my mods I did on my MYvi G3 - H spec:
Standard HU -
Changed: Front speakers to 6.5" Hertz component (Back still ori) Didnt fade the rear
Added Pioneer sub woofer under passenger sit. No amps added.
Soundproof all four 4 doors (DIY) and with foam rings.

Result: USB - bass and mid are clear (Sub running on low gains)
Bluetooth - volume level drop significantly on spotify (not sure why)
Radio - as usual cannot expect much (high distortion)

Next action:
Change the rear speakers and find out reason for the drop in volume when connected via bluetooth or
worst case scenario change the HU.
icon_rolleyes.gif

[/quote]

Thanks for reply,
Did u cut any wire for the sub woofer installation?
Calveez
post Aug 1 2019, 03:46 PM

42 posts

QUOTE(lawrencehl @ Jul 31 2019, 05:59 PM)
Thanks for reply,
Did u cut any wire for the sub woofer installation?

Yup, I add a epsilon AL2.2 Ji to low connector for my sub connection.
Ori Speaker's wire cut and made connection to the new Hertz speakers (ori uses plastic connectors)
Well, I was not looking into any warranty for the HU, planning to change later.
As far as I know, cutting wires will void the warranty (for related items) so HU & speakers- warranty gone.
Anyway even the HU for advance unit are selling in the range of 250 - 300 ringgit (2nd hand) the H variant unit is even cheaper but doubt anyone will consider using it.
So before I change the HU, gonna mess around with it. the only sad part is, I need to spend extra $$ on the epsilon connector.. about 60 ringgit. (forgotten the actual cost)
Have not decided what kind of HU to change.. to many choices from double din (mirror link) to android version.
Oh ya.. just ordered a 6.5 (2 way coaxial) for my rear.(shopee). not sure if the HU can take it. Will change and try to blast it out. innocent.gif innocent.gif icon_rolleyes.gif
TSlawrencehl
post Aug 3 2019, 09:56 AM

Casual
341 posts

QUOTE(Calveez @ Aug 1 2019, 03:46 PM)
Yup, I add a epsilon AL2.2 Ji to low connector for my sub connection.
Ori Speaker's wire cut and made connection to the new Hertz speakers (ori uses plastic connectors)
Well, I was not looking into any warranty for the HU, planning to change later.
As far as I know, cutting wires will void the warranty (for related items) so HU & speakers- warranty gone.
Anyway even the HU for advance unit are selling in the range of 250 - 300 ringgit (2nd hand) the H variant unit is even cheaper but doubt anyone will consider using it.
So before I change the HU, gonna mess around with it. the only sad part is, I need to spend extra $$ on the epsilon connector.. about 60 ringgit. (forgotten the actual cost)
Have not decided what kind of HU to change.. to many choices from double din (mirror link) to android version.
Oh ya.. just ordered a 6.5 (2 way coaxial) for my rear.(shopee). not sure if the HU can take it. Will change and try to blast it out.  innocent.gif  innocent.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif
I'm thinking change front door speaker to 2 way speaker (non component) and HU first after that add a underseat sub I think should be good enough for me.

Now the problem should take Kenwood HU or Android HU.

10" ANDROID HU 2GB+16GB ROM, damage 1k with casing & plug and play wire harness (so will not void the warranty)
functionality wise I prefer android which able to direct install app such Spotify , YouTube & etc.. Which very useful to me but sound quality I'm afraid will not good as Kenwood HU although the seller claim that the HU will have better audio output compare to normal cheap Android HU and I saw the Android HU also have bigger body like branded HU compare to the cheap Android HU.

Calveez
post Aug 5 2019, 04:08 PM

42 posts

10" ANDROID HU 2GB+16GB ROM, damage 1k with casing & plug and play wire harness (so will not void the warranty)
functionality wise I prefer android which able to direct install app such Spotify , YouTube & etc.. Which very useful to me but sound quality I'm afraid will not good as Kenwood HU although the seller claim that the HU will have better audio output compare to normal cheap Android HU and I saw the Android HU also have bigger body like branded HU compare to the cheap Android HU.

[/quote]

Good idea, get a reasonable coaxial 6.5 speakers for the front (if possible soundproof your doors too).
Well for the HU, android would be the "preferred" choice nowadays cos it has more functions.
May I know what brand are you looking at 10.1" HU?
If you are not looking into extreme staging, then sound wise should be acceptable (listen to some really cheap android unit compared to the current HU on the myvi "H" variant) not too far away..hehehe
but one thing to consider is the output made available (e.g: 4x55watts) since you are not going to add any amp later and the ram inside (2GB) should be quite smooth, seen 1GB got stuck on the screen or hang / freeze during play.
Oh ya.. do share with me your experience after installing it. cheers thumbup.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0117sec    0.42    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:07 AM