Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Do I stand a chance to enter UM/UKM/USM

views

TSLox
post Jun 21 2019, 09:15 PM, updated 5y ago

8 posts

Hi, i'm a current student in UTM's PUPW programme (UTMSpace) taking Diploma in Computer Science (IT)

Assuming that, if I graduate with a CGPA of 3.78 do I stand a chance to enroll into UM/UKM/USM
taking preferably Computer Science (AI, if applicable)

azarimy
post Jun 21 2019, 09:24 PM

mister architect: the arrogant pr*ck
Group Icon
Elite
10,668 posts

Are you applying for direct intake (with credit transfer and skipping 1 or 2 semesters)?

If you are, you need to check for the available places for direct intakes according to the course. This number differ greatly from programme to programme, university to university due to policies and education paradigms.

The best way to find out is to ask the programme directors for each programme in each school individually. If they're reluctant, find out the intake of diploma holders into their programme each year from the students.

For example, CS in UKM might open for 10 students, but USM offer 20. So you know you have better chance of landing a place in USM. Without these numbers, I doubt you can effectively gauge your chances.
TSLox
post Jun 22 2019, 12:21 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(azarimy @ Jun 21 2019, 09:24 PM)
Are you applying for direct intake (with credit transfer and skipping 1 or 2 semesters)?

If you are, you need to check for the available places for direct intakes according to the course. This number differ greatly from programme to programme, university to university due to policies and education paradigms.

The best way to find out is to ask the programme directors for each programme in each school individually. If they're reluctant, find out the intake of diploma holders into their programme each year from the students.

For example, CS in UKM might open for 10 students, but USM offer 20. So you know you have better chance of landing a place in USM. Without these numbers, I doubt you can effectively gauge your chances.
I'm gonna apply through UPU, if I'm going for direct intake, the fees might be too high, might as well go for UTM.

I have asked the programme directors, still waiting for the reply and I haven't thought of asking the students, so I'll ask them through the confession page or some
friends in those respective universities.

Thanks for your input.

iSean
post Jun 23 2019, 07:16 AM

iz old liao.
4,352 posts

QUOTE(Lox @ Jun 21 2019, 09:15 PM)
Hi, i'm a current student in UTM's PUPW programme (UTMSpace) taking Diploma in Computer Science (IT)

Assuming that, if I graduate with a CGPA of 3.78 do I stand a chance to enroll into UM/UKM/USM
I'm pretty sure Diploma + Matrix has higher priority than STPM.
3.78 CGPA will be absolutely fine.
MGM
post Nov 24 2019, 03:43 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,384 posts

QUOTE(Lox @ Jun 21 2019, 09:15 PM)

Have u completed your diploma@UTM? Why not stay with UTM for Computer Science?
a19113
post Nov 27 2019, 05:02 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(iSean @ Jun 23 2019, 07:16 AM)
I'm pretty sure Diploma + Matrix has higher priority than STPM.
3.78 CGPA will be absolutely fine.
If I'm not mistaken Maszlee has already made it very clear that for STPM & Matrikulasi neither of the two is prioritised over the other. This was after many (spm 2018 batch) complained that they weren't accepted for the matrikulasi programme

This post has been edited by a19113: Nov 27 2019, 05:05 PM
MGM
post Nov 27 2019, 05:45 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,384 posts

QUOTE(a19113 @ Nov 27 2019, 05:02 PM)
If I'm not mistaken Maszlee has already made it very clear that for STPM & Matrikulasi neither of the two is prioritised over the other. This was after many (spm 2018 batch) complained that they weren't accepted for the matrikulasi programme
Menteri tak boleh diharap and also the many little napolean.
a19113
post Nov 27 2019, 09:29 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Nov 27 2019, 05:45 PM)
Menteri tak boleh diharap and also the many little napolean.
I don't see any reason why he would blatantly lie about something which he can so easily get caught for? This is concerning the UPU system which universities across the nation are handling (and not Maszlee himself)
vergil1999
post Nov 27 2019, 10:51 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(a19113 @ Nov 27 2019, 05:02 PM)
Of course there is no prioritization of one over another, they enroll student based on their CGPA. The difference between number of students enroll into IPTA from both paths is because matriks have students which are more and generally better than the stpm. Besides, stpm is also significantly more difficult than matriks.
nando
post Nov 30 2019, 12:30 PM

Was Nando Morientes, Nando Torres, now is Nandos Chicken
1,650 posts

In your case, Matriks or STPM (or if the particular uni has its own diploma program) will be prioritised over your UTM diploma program.
Getting in to the UTM program should be easier?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0127sec    0.16    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:14 AM