Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Got such a thing? missing connecting flight

views

TSKuzumiTaiga
post Jun 21 2019, 02:27 PM, updated 7 months ago

Spends too much time with mechanical keyboards
3,082 posts

China Southern Airlines

my gf booked a ticket from KLIA to Shanghai, it's a transit flight, stopover at Changsha.

When she arrived at Changsha she missed her connecting flight (own fault), so she bought a separate ticket to continue on to Shanghai.

Her return ticket is supposed to be this Sunday, but now she just found out from China Southern that her return ticket going back to KLIA this sunday is voided because she missed her connecting flight to Shanghai

got such thing?? rclxub.gif rclxub.gif now she's stuck in Shanghai needing to buy another last minute ticket back to KLIA
zaizu
post Jun 21 2019, 02:36 PM

Getting Started
149 posts

QUOTE(KuzumiTaiga @ Jun 21 2019, 02:27 PM)
China Southern Airlines

my gf booked a ticket from KLIA to Shanghai, it's a transit flight, stopover at Changsha.

When she arrived at Changsha she missed her connecting flight (own fault), so she bought a separate ticket to continue on to Shanghai.

Her return ticket is supposed to be this Sunday, but now she just found out from China Southern that her return ticket going back to KLIA this sunday is voided because she missed her connecting flight to Shanghai

got such thing??  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif  now she's stuck in Shanghai needing to buy another last minute ticket back to KLIA
Contact China Southern Airlines
Zot

Look at all my stars!!
4,227 posts

Cheap discounted ticket is like AA ticket. Cannot change date or anything. Just burn
TSKuzumiTaiga

Spends too much time with mechanical keyboards
3,082 posts

QUOTE(zaizu @ Jun 21 2019, 02:36 PM)
Contact China Southern Airlines
already did, they say cannot, memang burn. dahell
spacebee
post Jun 21 2019, 02:40 PM

4 posts

China Southern Airlines

got such thing??  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif  now she's stuck in Shanghai needing to buy another last minute ticket back to KLIA
yup there is such thing.. its considered she didnt board so the return ticket is voided
lawsh
post Jun 21 2019, 02:41 PM

Cikurity
6,667 posts

this is void possible "hidden city" abuse passenger
thurtin
post Jun 21 2019, 02:45 PM

Getting Started
255 posts

Yes, this applies to all airlines. If you bought a round trip ticket but did not board to go to your destination, you cannot use the return flight. No refund also. Sorry.
Orzie
post Jun 21 2019, 02:49 PM

Casual
303 posts

Yes got such thing, must contact airlines if you are going to miss your flight, especially for return tickets. Usually need to pay penalty to keep the ticket valid.
You no inform airlines, airlines will assume you not gonna continue the trip hence open up and sell the seat lo.
Dun forget airlines greedy af they tend to oversell seats lol.
Phoenix_KL
post Jun 21 2019, 03:05 PM

28 posts

airlines > consumer rights.

No wonder mas still a live even though waste rakyat money RM1 billion per year.

This post has been edited by Phoenix_KL: Jun 21 2019, 03:06 PM
jwyj
post Jun 21 2019, 03:09 PM

H
1,003 posts

QUOTE(thurtin @ Jun 21 2019, 02:45 PM)
Yes, this applies to all airlines. If you bought a round trip ticket but did not board to go to your destination, you cannot use the return flight. No refund also. Sorry.
Except AirAsia. You can use the return flight if you printed out both boarding pass even if you miss the outgoing flight.
MiLKTea
post Jun 21 2019, 03:11 PM

Enthusiast
853 posts

Yup, there is such a thing.
Coz she missed the outbound flight, the system treated that she didn't arrive at the destination. (She is not at the destination)
Thus the inbound flight is void.

But different airline may have different policy, so always check before you book the ticket.
Blofeld
post Jun 21 2019, 03:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,964 posts

Thanks TS

I also didn't know this
kons
post Jun 21 2019, 04:28 PM

Конс
Group Icon
5,810 posts

there is still some chance she can get the original flight back if the flight is not fully booked.
just talk to the cs over there nicely.

Darkcloudz
post Jun 21 2019, 05:54 PM

Enthusiast
700 posts

call 911
Harry_Bobinski
post Jun 21 2019, 06:20 PM

King of Truth
913 posts

I have seen something similar happen before when I travel to Shijiazhuang previously. My connecting flight (All with China Southern) was missed because there was terrible haze in Shijiazhuang and flight got delayed. I was able to be compensated for a new ticket.

There were some Malaysia - Shijiazhuang who purchased China Southern with Air Asia connecting flight. So if they missed Air Asia for whatever reason, nothing will be compensated. Usually return tickets will not be voided just because you miss that one flight. Contact their customer service directly
KLthinker91
post Jun 21 2019, 09:09 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(kons @ Jun 21 2019, 04:28 PM)
there is still some chance she can get the original flight back if the flight is not fully booked.
just talk to the cs over there nicely.
THIS

I kena before, then I talk VERRRYYY nicely to them

Basically begging for a flight lol... And got lucky

Try your best buddy. Hope you make it.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0376sec    0.88    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th January 2020 - 03:55 AM