Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Admit It / Diam Diam, When you did something wrong

views

TSdan_0615
post Jun 20 2019, 01:15 PM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
91 posts

Recently TS made a mistake (spent full budget before the end date for a campaign). I did some wrong settings at the initial stage and caused the campaign fully spent before the end of the month. It spent quite high at the mid of the month and I realized there is a problem with it but when I want to change it, its too late as the budget almost exhausted. So yesterday, the budget has fully spent.

Will you guys admit it directly or you would change the settings (which should be set correctly at the initial stage) and act diam diam.

Side question: How would you guys improve the skill of "Attention of details". Any recommendation on training, exercise, meditation can improve that?
Baconateer
post Jun 20 2019, 01:18 PM

Meh..... (TM)
4,874 posts

better that u admit it...

sooner or later ur colleagues will find out what happen..
GentlemanTroll
post Jun 20 2019, 01:26 PM

Enthusiast
882 posts

Admit it.
Take responsibilities for your own action.
That way, you'll be at peace with yourself, rather than living in fear one day ppl may just find out about the screw up you made.

hustlerism
post Jun 20 2019, 01:27 PM

Devil In Disguise
1,591 posts

Just admit your mistakes.

You need to be accountable for your actions.

Blofeld
post Jun 20 2019, 06:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

admit it better before it's too late

Although not related to budget, I remember a situation when I revealed something before hand then the boss would understand.

This post has been edited by Blofeld: Jun 20 2019, 06:17 PM
SUSBluePants
post Jun 21 2019, 03:43 PM

20 posts

You're working in GroupM?
Hades76
post Jun 21 2019, 03:45 PM

On my way
650 posts

Just man up. Shows you matured and accountable.
stanum
post Jun 21 2019, 09:40 PM

SharePoint enthusiast
706 posts

I made a mistake before, huge mistake. Not money related, but system related - which could cause global impact to my current company as my company is global company. I didnt took a time to admit my mistake even though i realized i am at risk of being warn, or worst termination.

I admit to my manager, and my manager took it to the country director and towards the CIO in another country. They were made aware of the mistake i made and they ask if i can fix it back and i tell that i am accountable and will fix it back. After few days, the mistake has been corrected and luckily, it does not impacted the global ( at tha time as i fix it quite fast). All my superior made aware of the fix and they told me good job and dont make the same mistake again.

I didnt received any warning letter or terminated, infact i was recognized as someone who accountable of my action. I promise myself not to make the same mistake again and already have automate task that prevent me to repeat it again. Fuh.
inquiries
post Jun 21 2019, 11:42 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

QUOTE(stanum @ Jun 21 2019, 09:40 PM)
I made a mistake before, huge mistake. Not money related, but system related - which could cause global impact to my current company as my company is global company. I didnt took a time to admit my mistake even though i realized i am at risk of being warn, or worst termination.

I admit to my manager, and my manager took it to the country director and towards the CIO in another country. They were made aware of the mistake i made and they ask if i can fix it back and i tell that i am accountable and will fix it back. After few days, the mistake has been corrected and luckily, it does not impacted the global ( at tha time as i fix it quite fast). All my superior made aware of the fix and they told me good job and dont make the same mistake again.

I didnt received any warning letter or terminated, infact i was recognized as someone who accountable of my action. I promise myself not to make the same mistake again and already have automate task that prevent me to repeat it again. Fuh.
Glad to hear that, thank you for sharing your experience.

TS, how is stuff going there?
nexona88
post Jun 22 2019, 06:05 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,828 posts

u better admit mistake...
it's the right thing to do..

I did once, I admit it. Yes, involved $$$.. but somehow I managed to solve it. even if takes time. lucky management understand. No sack tongue.gif

moiskyrie
post Jun 22 2019, 06:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,990 posts

Better admit.
If not later u will always regret it..and fear other people leak the secret out....
s|dE
post Jun 23 2019, 03:27 PM

Out Of My Mind
715 posts

admit it even if got terminated, at least I'm at peace with myself.

Normally good management value people who man's up and we're human anyways
Financier
post Jun 23 2019, 08:44 PM

Getting Started
267 posts

Hi Steven, we need to talk, pls come to the meeting room in 5 minutes. Its about something we noticed regarding the budget of the campaign..

Sked leh, that will appear in your email one day. I work in Finance, and trust me we notice everything

This post has been edited by Financier: Jun 23 2019, 08:47 PM
TSdan_0615
post Jun 24 2019, 09:45 AM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(s|dE @ Jun 23 2019, 03:27 PM)
admit it even if got terminated, at least I'm at peace with myself.

Normally good management value people who man's up and we're human anyways
Thanks guys for all the advice. Guess this is what's happening. Leave with peace and no regrets. smile.gif smile.gif

QUOTE(BluePants @ Jun 21 2019, 03:43 PM)
You're working in GroupM?
Nope, I didnt get in after the 2nd interview. You working in GroupM?
SUSBluePants
post Jun 24 2019, 09:47 AM

20 posts

QUOTE(dan_0615 @ Jun 24 2019, 09:45 AM)
Nope, I didnt get in after the 2nd interview. You working in GroupM?
Used to many years ago.
SUSPitiuran
post Jun 24 2019, 10:03 AM

Casual
335 posts

QUOTE(stanum @ Jun 21 2019, 09:40 PM)

Similar situation as you. Except I did not admit it. I thought I made a mistake, but when I try to take time to delve in deeper into issue (so that later I can admit it), stupid boss, gave me tons of work to do and micro manage me like crazy.

I did my best, but still that memory of that mistake was lurking in my mind, I try to take time to go back to check to see if I made a mistake, but no time. Because my kiam sap boss throw all the work at me, everyday work until 10 pm.

i brought up about over work, and no time to check back, but stupid boss became more mad, and micro manage me even more. I told stupid boss, why I do 3 people job, while other similar role in South Asia, they do less work than me ?

So started to apply for job outside. In my heart count down mistake gonna be revealed.

Then 1 mth before mistake come out. syukur, found a new job, and exit strategy before stupud boss can catch me.

After i left, and got my salary, heard people tell me that my ex boss regret not hold back my salary even though this is illegal for that mistake.

Then I heard from kolik still working there, my ex boss gila gila sack another 3 staff because of mere mistakes. One kena sack because accidentally approve expense only RM 200 !!!!

I no surprise the co pilling up with ex staff take it up to labor court

Inb4, I formerly worked in this co for 5 years, already 20 people sacked by co for underperformance, trivial matters, retrenched.

TSdan_0615
post Jun 24 2019, 10:42 AM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(Pitiuran @ Jun 24 2019, 10:03 AM)
Similar situation as you. Except I did not admit it. I thought I made a mistake, but when I try to take time to delve in deeper into issue (so that later I can admit it), stupid boss, gave me tons of work to do and micro manage me like crazy.

I did my best, but still that memory of that mistake was lurking in my mind, I try to take time to go back to check to see if I made a mistake, but no time. Because my kiam sap boss throw all the work at me, everyday work until 10 pm.

i brought up about over work, and no time to check back, but stupid boss became more mad, and micro manage me even more. I told stupid boss, why I do 3 people job, while other similar role in South Asia, they do less work than me ?

So started to apply for job outside. In my heart count down mistake gonna be revealed.

Then 1 mth before mistake come out. syukur, found a new job, and exit strategy before stupud boss can catch me.

After i left, and got my salary, heard people tell me that my ex boss regret not hold back my salary even though this is illegal for that mistake.

Then I heard from kolik still working there, my ex boss gila gila sack another 3 staff because of mere mistakes. One kena sack because accidentally approve expense only RM 200 !!!!

I no surprise the co pilling up with ex staff take it up to labor court

Inb4, I formerly worked in this co for 5 years, already 20 people sacked by co for underperformance, trivial matters, retrenched.
sounds horrible. Glad you moved on and good luck to your kolik who still in there. It is a family business? Micro managing is scary.
SUSPitiuran
post Jun 24 2019, 11:01 AM

Casual
335 posts

QUOTE(dan_0615 @ Jun 24 2019, 10:42 AM)
sounds horrible. Glad you moved on and good luck to your kolik who still in there. It is a family business? Micro managing is scary.
It is a co from North east from here. People there work like crazy one.

Yes, every decision I make have to go through that crazy boss. I feel like I have no creativity or autonomy in my work. Feel like a robot.

No its not a family biz. Its a multinational cooperation.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0124sec    0.37    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:20 PM