Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Has anyone watched High Score Girl anime?(Netflix), The ending song is really addictive...

views

SUSAngelic Layer
post Jun 24 2019, 12:33 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(SadisticMadMan @ Jun 24 2019, 10:28 AM)
Oh, what is his story that lead to this if i may ask. I don't follow his work.

Also yesterday I just found out that Square Enix headquarters was raided in 2014 because of the copyright issue. Sounds pretty severe.
His drawing and stories are quite dark.
He lived his childhood in poverty, and spend his time playing games on his friend's place.
His father disappeared when he was 18, ill prepared to work, he was forced to draw manga, which fortunately have quite some success.
He is famous for drawing fast (despite relatively rough style) and never do sketches, he can draw 32 pages in 2 days.
High score girl is more mainstream and not as dark, try Mizumisou or Sayuri.
Of current artist, only Okabe Uruu is quite as dark, oh and probably Douman Seiman as well.

It takes quite a bit of dark personality to be a genius really.
TSSadisticMadMan P
post Jun 25 2019, 02:12 AM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(Angelic Layer @ Jun 24 2019, 12:33 PM)
His drawing and stories are quite dark.
He lived his childhood in poverty, and spend his time playing games on his friend's place.
His father disappeared when he was 18, ill prepared to work, he was forced to draw manga, which fortunately have quite some success.
He is famous for drawing fast (despite relatively rough style) and never do sketches, he can draw 32 pages in 2 days.
High score girl is more mainstream and not as dark, try Mizumisou or Sayuri.
Of current artist, only Okabe Uruu is quite as dark, oh and probably Douman Seiman as well.

It takes quite a bit of dark personality to be a genius really.
Manage to give Mizumisou a try for fun.

Wow dark AF. How is this guy responsible for a series like High Score Girl?
SUSAngelic Layer
post Jun 25 2019, 09:10 AM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(SadisticMadMan @ Jun 25 2019, 02:12 AM)
Manage to give Mizumisou a try for fun.

Wow dark AF. How is this guy responsible for a series like High Score Girl?
Like I said, this guy is quite, and that was his original style.
High score girl is just what he did for mainstream.

There is live action movie of Misumisou as well, you might want to look into it,

This post has been edited by Angelic Layer: Jun 25 2019, 09:14 AM
TSSadisticMadMan P
post Jun 25 2019, 11:45 AM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(Angelic Layer @ Jun 25 2019, 09:10 AM)
Like I said, this guy is quite, and that was his original style.
High score girl is just what he did for mainstream.

There is live action movie of Misumisou as well, you might want to look into it,
Misumisou in live action? I read the manga yesterday till chapter 12 and it was bleak as hell. But since I reached the final chapter, I guess the author's objective was successful in catching our attention.

Some resemblance of the character in Misumisou with High Score Girl. Feels like HGS was the afterlife of those two in Misumisou. Haha..
SUSAngelic Layer
post Jun 25 2019, 11:52 AM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(SadisticMadMan @ Jun 25 2019, 11:45 AM)
Misumisou in live action? I read the manga yesterday till chapter 12 and it was bleak as hell. But since I reached the final chapter, I guess the author's objective was successful in catching our attention.

Some resemblance of the character in Misumisou with High Score Girl. Feels like HGS was the afterlife of those two in Misumisou. Haha..
Yes, it was a movie, but since they have to shorten it to less than 2 hours, it feels like a rushed slasher movie, not so much like the manga.
Sayuri is sort of like a horror manga as well, but it does have that bleak feel.
butterkijen
post Jun 25 2019, 12:41 PM

Getting Started
196 posts

QUOTE(hiyyl @ Jun 19 2019, 01:13 PM)
I help u clean it out from ur head.

is carole and tuesday good? I watched only like the first 3 episodes, worth it to continue?
TSSadisticMadMan P
post Jun 25 2019, 03:16 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(Angelic Layer @ Jun 25 2019, 11:52 AM)
Yes, it was a movie, but since they have to shorten it to less than 2 hours, it feels like a rushed slasher movie, not so much like the manga.
Sayuri is sort of like a horror manga as well, but it does have that bleak feel.
I wouldn't want to imagine what I saw in the manga being animated. But oh why not. Bored of the mainstream sometimes. Time to go dark.

Guess despite his tragic family background and lawsuit incident, can say he made it in the end with the production of High Score Girl.

TSSadisticMadMan P
post Jun 25 2019, 07:39 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(bnard @ Jun 24 2019, 11:25 AM)
And a SONIC BOOM to the head lol
Harou, write a Human on your palm, take a deep breath, and....

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:26 AM