Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Current market price for mid 2014 mbpr

views

TSclement5949
post Jun 17 2019, 05:40 PM, updated 5w ago

HerculesMent
Group: Senior Member

Hi guys,

I have a mid 2014 macbook pro retina 15 inch, would like to know what is the market price now to let go?

Specs:
i7-4770HQ
GT-750m
16gb ram
512gb ssd

I would like to get a 13inch touch bar macbook pro, I am also wondering does this consider a downgrade?

Specs I am getting is
i5 processor
16gb ram
512gb ssd

Mainly I am only doing programming and watch netflix biggrin.gif

rickymark88
post Jun 18 2019, 09:41 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

The new i5 processor is a 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz. Its much faster than the previous i7.
TSclement5949
post Jun 18 2019, 11:03 AM

HerculesMent

QUOTE(rickymark88 @ Jun 18 2019, 09:41 AM)
The new i5 processor is a 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz. Its much faster than the previous i7.
my colleague told me the new gen keyboard not so nice compare to my gen
wei
post Jun 18 2019, 04:10 PM

Get your Macs done right!

Pricing you can always check used item market like one in this very forum itself, or somewhere else like FB marketplace, carousel, mudah.my etc for a rough guide. In the end it depends how urgent are you to let it go, want faster sell off, lower the price. Always work.

Jumping from 15-inch to 13-inch you do loose out on dedicated graphic chip. You'll have to make do with the Iris graphic. Let alone all the ports on the 15-inch you gonna missed. Processor speed wise are not a big gap. Bus speed and memory speed had increased so you might felt improvement on light works. And if you do production (photos/ video/ multimedia) works, you will felt bottleneck on the 13-inch in long run.

13-inch would be lighter to travel.

Not so worried on the latest butterfly keys as Apple had updated the design (once again). And hopefully it is finally good. But the key does travel less compare to what you have on the 2014 15-inch. It will definitely need sometime to get used to. It is best you go to any reseller and touch it yourself on actual unit. Some heavy typist doesn't like the new keyboard. It is subjective.

This post has been edited by wei: Jun 18 2019, 04:10 PM
TSclement5949
post Jun 19 2019, 08:47 AM

HerculesMent

QUOTE(wei @ Jun 18 2019, 04:10 PM)
Pricing you can always check used item market like one in this very forum itself, or somewhere else like FB marketplace, carousel, mudah.my etc for a rough guide. In the end it depends how urgent are you to let it go, want faster sell off, lower the price. Always work.

Jumping from 15-inch to 13-inch you do loose out on dedicated graphic chip. You'll have to make do with the Iris graphic. Let alone all the ports on the 15-inch you gonna missed. Processor speed wise are not a big gap. Bus speed and memory speed had increased so you might felt improvement on light works. And if you do production (photos/ video/ multimedia) works, you will felt bottleneck on the 13-inch in long run.

Not so worried on the latest butterfly keys as Apple had updated the design (once again). And hopefully it is finally good. But the key does travel less compare to what you have on the 2014 15-inch. It will definitely need sometime to get used to. It is best you go to any reseller and touch it yourself on actual unit. Some heavy typist doesn't like the new keyboard. It is subjective.
thanks for the heads up bro.

I had tried the new keyboard, tbh, i dun like the butterfly keyboard feeling.

biggrin.gif
wei
post Jun 19 2019, 09:44 AM

Neither do I, but they are here to stay it seems.
TSclement5949
post Jun 19 2019, 10:12 AM

HerculesMent

QUOTE(wei @ Jun 19 2019, 09:44 AM)
Neither do I, but they are here to stay it seems.
then i guess i will just keep my mac since it actually working fine

just i am facing small problem as below.
1. my cpu core gets hot very fast, i just run some programming IDE tool
2. My battery onyl 342 counts but it only can last 4hr of usage compare to last time can last for 8hrs
3. My right side speaker seems to be burst when playing certain song
C-Fu.
post Jun 19 2019, 10:29 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(wei @ Jun 18 2019, 04:10 PM)

what about you .. do u find ok to use the new keyboard?
wei
post Jun 19 2019, 12:06 PM

QUOTE(clement5949 @ Jun 19 2019, 10:12 AM)
then i guess i will just keep my mac since it actually working fine

just i am facing small problem as below.
1. my cpu core gets hot very fast, i just run some programming IDE tool
2. My battery onyl 342 counts but it only can last 4hr of usage compare to last time can last for 8hrs
3. My right side speaker seems to be burst when playing certain song
1. It's time to get it serviced, clean inside out and apply fresh thermal compound if you haven't done so for the pass 5 years.
2. Cycle count alone doesn't tell the health of the battery condition, you should check the capacity as well. Often over heating meaning your Mac have to spend more power on cooling; spinning up the fans faster than it normally does.
3. Very common, the woofer burst.

QUOTE(C-Fu. @ Jun 19 2019, 10:29 AM)
what about you .. do u find ok to use the new keyboard?
If I have a choice I prefer the old design. Easier to take care, type better.
TSclement5949
post Jun 19 2019, 04:10 PM

HerculesMent

QUOTE(wei @ Jun 19 2019, 12:06 PM)
1. It's time to get it serviced, clean inside out and apply fresh thermal compound if you haven't done so for the pass 5 years.
2. Cycle count alone doesn't tell the health of the battery condition, you should check the capacity as well. Often over heating meaning your Mac have to spend more power on cooling; spinning up the fans faster than it normally does.
3. Very common, the woofer burst.
If I have a choice I prefer the old design. Easier to take care, type better.
ok then i better find some store in KL or puchong area to service my macbook d

thanks for the advice bro

This post has been edited by clement5949: Jun 19 2019, 04:10 PM
C-Fu.
post Jun 20 2019, 10:16 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(clement5949 @ Jun 19 2019, 04:10 PM)
ok then i better find some store in KL or puchong area to service my macbook d

thanks for the advice bro
have u send out your unit? tell us the review
TSclement5949
post Jun 20 2019, 03:16 PM

HerculesMent

QUOTE(C-Fu. @ Jun 20 2019, 10:16 AM)
have u send out your unit? tell us the review
Nope, I guess I won’t sell it but now looking for place to some maintenance for my Mac 😁

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0694sec    2.60    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th July 2019 - 09:04 PM