Michelin Energy XM2+, New addition from Michelin

views

bolipo P
post Jan 17 2020, 07:21 PM

Probation
0 posts

Hi everyone,

I changed my 175/65r14 XM2 tyres to XM2+

I realize that they are doing a strange noise, seems like they are sticking to the road. Some guys said me that new tyres do it, but I have done 150KM now and they keep doing the same noise.

Did this happen to anyone else?
bolipo P
post Jan 19 2020, 06:00 AM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(boysrule @ Jan 19 2020, 02:10 AM)
Does it sound as if your tyre have a layer of glue and when moving making some weird sticky/mushy like noise? My current Primacy3ST have the same ’sticky noise’ and it’s where the same silica compound xm2+ get from. I believe it is for noise deadening as my previous set with PS3 does not have this effect and make much more road noise.
Yep, exactly.

So that sound never goes away? It bothers a lot in the city with the window down.
bolipo P
post Jan 20 2020, 08:27 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(boysrule @ Jan 19 2020, 10:30 AM)
It doesn’t but well think positively, that small noise over there helped you reduced a lot of dreadful road noise. I’m okay with it😄

Thanks for mentioning about the ‘noise’, now we can confirm indeed xm2+ have been upgraded with the silica compound from its primacy siblings. Hope it means better nvh + wet grip. I’m gonna change it to my other car soon.
About it you are right lol
I had xm2 in my car and changed to xm2+. The xm2+ is so much quieter.

I realize that the noise was louder in the first km, now with 300km is more quiet. I can heard yet, but is very low now.

QUOTE(voscar @ Jan 19 2020, 08:47 PM)
Never drove the car with window down. But XM2+ in my car is so quiet at 80km/h until I hearing my front absorber working psst psst psst especially driving on those bumpy Putrajaya > Puchong route.
Yes, xm2+ is very silent, I'm impressed.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0115sec    0.26    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:47 PM