Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Michelin Energy XM2+, New addition from Michelin

views

Jescon
post Aug 17 2019, 12:35 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(yiwsg @ Aug 4 2019, 01:43 PM)
Finally put the xm2+ (175/65/R15) on my car. Same tread pattern. Was thinking of upgrade to the primacy 4 (195/60/R15) but the xm2 arrived just on time. Their price is almost same for the same tyre figures.

After 500km done, the new Xm2+ Much for silent than xm2. Because they shared the same compound with primacy4 (as well as the silence feel) and could be as silent as primacy4. Tested on the most noisy flyover that I have to take it almost everyday(few km). Before this I can’t hear the lower volume music when I on that flyover (really noisy) Now it can hear it clearly.

And the most beautiful part is.... My car readings have 2.5km/L more compare to previous tyres. 13.5Km/L become 16km/L

As for performance don’t compare with the premium sport tyres as its not gonna performs as good as ps4 ps3 or any other thinker sidewall tyres, so xm2+ are relatively weak at super fast corner, mine is 65 profile. But It still can drive quite aggressively even on the wet and brake very well. I think it’s gonna be good with 55 profiles.

The other day I hit a big holes (on both passenger side front and back tyres) the round big one without the steel cover!!! I thought my tyres with stuck in the holes!!!! Guess what? And surprisingly no issue even with the rim. This tyre can absorbs super harsh road conditions!!
Plan to change to Michelin XM2 Plus soon as well, from Proton's stock Silverstone sweat.gif ; but the price right now seems a little high, so may wait for another couple of months.

Thanks for the review.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0304sec    0.74    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th November 2019 - 05:43 AM