Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Using tracklights for all living room lighting?

views

TSKuzumiTaiga
post Oct 17 2019, 01:59 PM

Spends too much time with mechanical keyboards
3,090 posts

QUOTE(frey95 @ Oct 17 2019, 09:34 AM)
How is it going now?

Mind share your finishing work as reference cause I am also planning if possible aviod plaster ceiling as not much budget in hand
Will get back to you, didn't do plaster. Hacked instead haha
frey95
post Oct 17 2019, 03:39 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(KuzumiTaiga @ Oct 17 2019, 01:59 PM)
Will get back to you, didn't do plaster. Hacked instead haha
Thanks. How much roughly you spend for it?

I was inform by one of the contractor said hacking is expensive. Ask me do plaster ceiling instead.
kokwei1125
post Oct 17 2019, 03:42 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

QUOTE(frey95 @ Oct 17 2019, 03:39 PM)

I was inform by one of the contractor said hacking is expensive. Ask me do plaster ceiling instead.
i think the price of hacking is depends if its hack on concrete or bricks..if im not mistaken
and as well the distance to hack..

My contractor offered me free hacking and plastering cause the hack is just to move my point to further distance..
Irresistible
post Oct 17 2019, 03:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,859 posts

QUOTE(yy714 @ Oct 17 2019, 08:36 AM)
24w

[attachmentid=10336324]
Wow, one living hall quite big...

One 24 watt light and track light already manage to light up ur livimg hall?
TSKuzumiTaiga
post Oct 17 2019, 04:04 PM

3,090 posts

QUOTE(frey95 @ Oct 17 2019, 03:39 PM)

QUOTE(kokwei1125 @ Oct 17 2019, 03:42 PM)
i think the price of hacking is depends if its hack on concrete or bricks..if im not mistaken
and as well the distance to hack..

My contractor offered me free hacking and plastering cause the hack is just to move my point to further distance..
my con didn't charge for hacking... just charge on installing light (RM35) and concealing back (nearly RM2k lump sum for whole house) 'coz consider major project

the reason they ask u do plaster is coz margin a hundred times higher and less back-breaking than hacking.

I will have total 8 unit 36W remote control surface light in my living room. Already test the exact same lights at gf house, 8 is the correct number.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

frey95
post Oct 17 2019, 04:30 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(KuzumiTaiga @ Oct 17 2019, 04:04 PM)
my con didn't charge for hacking... just charge on installing light (RM35) and concealing back (nearly RM2k lump sum for whole house) 'coz consider major project
the reason they ask u do plaster is coz margin a hundred times higher and less back-breaking than hacking.

I will have total 8 unit 36W remote control surface light in my living room. Already test the exact same lights at gf house, 8 is the correct number.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Wow great!! Is the contractor work finishing OK? Can message me your contractor contact? I might look for them also.

So the light arrangement you design your own and buy your own and ask them install?

Hope to see your finishing product soon^^
TSKuzumiTaiga
post Oct 25 2019, 08:48 PM

3,090 posts

QUOTE(frey95 @ Oct 17 2019, 04:30 PM)
Wow great!! Is the contractor work finishing OK? Can message me your contractor contact? I might look for them also.

So the light arrangement you design your own and buy your own and ask them install?

Hope to see your finishing product soon^^
today finish patch concrete + skim coat + sanding + jotaplast interior. Really cannot see any difference, so I guess the workmanship is good.

Haven't install lights. Arrangement I designed my ownself but contractor and electrician both gave their opinions as well, which I followed. Bought lights from a shop in the same row as Houses Lightings (surface lights from Houses Lightings quite limited and dated choices). They will install since the RM25 cost of hacking per light includes installing as well. Will only fwd contact once everything done ya.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

frey95
post Oct 26 2019, 05:46 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(KuzumiTaiga @ Oct 25 2019, 08:48 PM)
today finish patch concrete + skim coat + sanding + jotaplast interior. Really cannot see any difference, so I guess the workmanship is good.

Haven't install lights. Arrangement I designed my ownself but contractor and electrician both gave their opinions as well, which I followed. Bought lights from a shop in the same row as Houses Lightings (surface lights from Houses Lightings quite limited and dated choices). They will install since the RM25 cost of hacking per light includes installing as well. Will only fwd contact once everything done ya.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Wow...Most scare is the difference too obvious after cover. That great your contractor can do it well.

No problem. Hope to see your finishing also. Thanks for the sharing.
TSKuzumiTaiga
post Oct 26 2019, 09:18 PM

3,090 posts

QUOTE(frey95 @ Oct 26 2019, 05:46 PM)
Wow...Most scare is the difference too obvious after cover. That great your contractor can do it well.

No problem. Hope to see your finishing also. Thanks for the sharing.
Actually from what I've seen, it's fairly easy to get back the same look as the original. All you need to do is patch back concrete, put skim coat on top, then do sanding, contractor even joked with me, sanding work usually give to the least intelligent worker also won't screw up one... lol
frey95
post Oct 27 2019, 09:27 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(KuzumiTaiga @ Oct 26 2019, 09:18 PM)
Actually from what I've seen, it's fairly easy to get back the same look as the original. All you need to do is patch back concrete, put skim coat on top, then do sanding, contractor even joked with me, sanding work usually give to the least intelligent worker also won't screw up one... lol
Haha. Alright wait for your completion and recommendation on the contractor.

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0370sec    3.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th February 2020 - 07:58 AM