Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Anyone bought a used car before?, Share your experience.

views

unitron
post Jun 14 2019, 09:19 AM

W1(R)3d
2,718 posts

QUOTE(joey2000 @ Jun 13 2019, 04:03 PM)
How much is the processing fees the dealer charged?

How much for JPJ transfer and PUSPAKOM charge?

Thanks for sharing.
JPJ transfer and Puspakom as given below by 6UE5T.

Other charges is to cut your throat for their added profit.
Only buy if the TOTAL cost is acceptable to you after including whatever markup the dealer done + insurance + conman processing fee

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Jun 13 2019, 06:46 PM)
Title transfer at JPJ is rm100.
Puspakom inspection is rm35.
jwrx
post Jun 14 2019, 03:39 PM

On my way
515 posts

QUOTE(^pomen_GTR^ @ Jun 13 2019, 06:59 PM)
its standard cut-throat sop done by all major used car...dun belip.. go ask any big reputable used car near you if u dunow what i mean
i have been buying used cars last 25 years, i have never paid thousands as "SOP fees" before

if they are forcing the fee on you, leave and go to another dealer, or tell them you have your own runner to settle.

Dont be so gullible and accept such a thing as "SOP" fees...look at the KL/PJ used car yards...flooded with stock that cannot sell, its a buyers market now

Anything more than 500 for runner/puspakom/jpj..is actually the dealer putting in his margin into the fees....the actual car is being advertised for too low.

This post has been edited by jwrx: Jun 14 2019, 03:45 PM
^pomen_GTR^
post Jun 17 2019, 05:37 PM

Regular
1,077 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Jun 13 2019, 10:21 PM)
Luckily I only got charged a few hundreds (can't remember exactly anymore but surely<1k) when I bought my car back in 2012.
yeah just recently about few years back they do like this
^pomen_GTR^
post Jun 17 2019, 05:38 PM

Regular
1,077 posts

QUOTE(jwrx @ Jun 14 2019, 03:39 PM)
i have been buying used cars last 25 years, i have never paid thousands as "SOP fees" before

if they are forcing the fee on you, leave and go to another dealer, or tell them you have your own runner to settle. 

Dont be so gullible and accept such a thing as "SOP" fees...look at the KL/PJ used car yards...flooded with stock that cannot sell, its a buyers market now 

Anything more than 500 for runner/puspakom/jpj..is actually the dealer putting in his margin into the fees....the actual car is being advertised for too low.
yes.. thats what i did.. walk away and buy somewhere else la...
markblurberry
post Jun 17 2019, 11:46 PM

Getting Started
110 posts

They are bloodsuckers..and they thought we are stupid - ave processing fee range from 2k to 4k, some even said non negotiable, I said you can hug to your car down to the grave for all I care
abubin
post Jun 18 2019, 11:41 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

QUOTE(markblurberry @ Jun 17 2019, 11:46 PM)
They are bloodsuckers..and they thought we are stupid - ave processing fee range from 2k to 4k, some even said non negotiable, I said you can hug to your car down to the grave for all I care
Yes, that. Walk away man. These method of business should be frown upon and we as buyers need to make our stand. These bloodsuckers already bought the car at super super low price. Then they put all sort of ways to further mark up their profit. Don't support these kind of business men.
gloomberg
post Jun 18 2019, 04:55 PM

On my way
509 posts

Anyone could suggest a good car dealer to buy a second hand hondas (2016 or later)?
SUSEnterYourName
post Jun 20 2019, 09:02 PM

Getting Started
186 posts

What are the procedures and fees of buying used cars from direct owner?

Owner still has loan and I also gonna take loan
RigerZ
post Jun 21 2019, 09:08 AM

On the way on the way
953 posts

How about those "Trusted" dealers on used car websites? Do they play dirty and scam buyers too?
Heroicage
post Jun 22 2019, 07:57 AM

Getting Started
246 posts

There is no trusted dealers in majority used car dealers in Malaysia.
This is also because MoT and consumer rights do not put tight/strict regulations on such things.

Making scamming like any buyer , buy-it-at-your-own-stupidity , if you do not have experience or knowledge about cars in the market.

Cheras, Sri Petaling, Puchong , Kajang, are hotspots for this used car activities.

I have even seen one car being "cleaned up", and the airbag released at the steering wheel, and i don't know what they will do....to probably put them back in, and sell.

Prepare for the following goodies they will "supply" you.

a) Cannot test drive until downpayment
b) Processing fee 2k-3k...some even near 4k.
c) Insurance with car valued higher than market value, so you need to pay a more higher premium under them.
d) Failed bank approval loan...deposit takes forever to return
e) more unlucky...make a police report/consumer that runs forever to get results.

Let's do away with the minor things like...

a) car manufactured year, almost never correct. 2009 but registered 2015, they put 2013.

b) car mileage 150,000, change to 55,000.

c) engine cleaned up, so you can never see engine leaks, or leaks, or issues with other areas, like radiator already gone case.

d) replacing actual working parts with spoilt parts after you purchase...actually this isn't minor...but this is not regular cases.

yuszairi
post Feb 1 2020, 07:40 PM

Getting Started
105 posts

Just had a window shopping for used car today at some established dealers in Cheras up to Sg Choh.

Car price 67k - 75k
Roadtad + Insurance after 55% NCD is 1.5k.
Quoted processing fee 3.7k - 3.9k
Only 1 dealer in Ampang quoted me 2.8k

littlefire
post Feb 2 2020, 09:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

QUOTE(yuszairi @ Feb 1 2020, 08:40 PM)
Just had a window shopping for used car today at some established dealers in Cheras up to Sg Choh.

Car price 67k - 75k
Roadtad + Insurance after 55% NCD is 1.5k.
Quoted processing fee 3.7k - 3.9k
Only 1 dealer in Ampang quoted me 2.8k
The procesing fee is damn expensive, i got an argument with a dealership once.
I tell them if you want to give your sales agent commission just let me know the commission fee.
Asking runner to do all the puspakom & transfer name fee is very cheap nowadays, normal runner price is below RM250.
The car price itself should have already mark up for profit but still the add up the processing fee so call to double con users.
If possible roadtax & insurance do your self after puspakom pass inspection should save at least 10% so call agent processing fee.
If you want to get loan just direct walk in to any bank and show them the current car registration papers or photostate geran they can tell you how much loan can get.
That why after that insident, i mostly only direct purchase with owner or trusted friend.
abubin
post Feb 3 2020, 02:12 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

Haha..ask the used car dealer when I sell my car to you can I charge you my "processing fee"?
cheepet
post Feb 13 2020, 01:53 PM

Getting Started
181 posts

I asked online a used car dealer in Cheras on one IRIZ.... OTR added RM6k....wtf
almustaqeem
post Jun 28 2020, 10:56 AM

1 posts

As a buyer, do we have any option to avoid this fee from used car? Like it or not, it seems like they are imposing a force fee that the buyer must pay. Otherwise, they won't sell the car to us... how to argue and avoid this ridiculous fee?
ericcc
post Jun 28 2020, 10:59 AM

Getting Started
213 posts

i wanted to buy 2nd hand end of last year, car was nice and good price. The fees put me off, like 2k+.... crazy, because i did the Puspakom and JPJ myself before, it aint that hard, so i disagreed with the dealer.
twincharger07
post Jun 28 2020, 12:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,788 posts

QUOTE(ericcc @ Jun 28 2020, 10:59 AM)
i wanted to buy 2nd hand end of last year, car was nice and good price. The fees put me off, like 2k+.... crazy, because i did the Puspakom and JPJ myself before, it aint that hard, so i disagreed with the dealer.
2k I think still ok.. I got quoted for 5k before and I walk off..
I would consider the processing fee plus the offered price together and gauge is it worth to go ahead..

There are a lot of cars on Mudah which their asking price has been reducing from month to month.. from 150k to 145k to 140k..
When I went to see the car, they offer 140k but with additional processing fee of 5k.. I will just treat it as 145k asking price.. I walk off eventually as it didn't meet my target price..

The money is just flowing from left pocket to right pocket.. if they charge you lower processing fee, they will earn it from higher asking price, and vice versa.. I think there is no hard rules
kdr93
post Jun 28 2020, 04:24 PM

On my way
534 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Feb 2 2020, 09:06 PM)
The procesing fee is damn expensive, i got an argument with a dealership once.
I tell them if you want to give your sales agent commission just let me know the commission fee.
Asking runner to do all the puspakom & transfer name fee is very cheap nowadays, normal runner price is below RM250.
The car price itself should have already mark up for profit but still the add up the processing fee so call to double con users.
If possible roadtax & insurance do your self after puspakom pass inspection should save at least 10% so call agent processing fee.
If you want to get loan just direct walk in to any bank and show them the current car registration papers or photostate geran they can tell you how much loan can get.
That why after that insident, i mostly only direct purchase with owner or trusted friend.
Hi, sorry to jump in, but did you have any issues getting your loan from the bank...my friend tried but couldnt secure loan...the bank even said they dont really entertain walk in anymore, especially if the car you are purchasing has outstanding loan...in the end he had to pay additional 1k to some used car dealer to submit loan..

How was your experience in getting the loan ?
MR_alien
post Jun 28 2020, 04:28 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(almustaqeem @ Jun 28 2020, 10:56 AM)
As a buyer, do we have any option to avoid this fee from used car? Like it or not, it seems like they are imposing a force fee that the buyer must pay.  Otherwise, they won't sell the car to us... how to argue and avoid this ridiculous fee?
search car that is sold by direct owner and not used car dealer
that way can escape from those "unnecessary fee"

or ask them to quote u the OTR price...not just the car price
if u can accept the final OTR price thn proceed, if not just leave
twincharger07
post Jun 28 2020, 05:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,788 posts

QUOTE(kdr93 @ Jun 28 2020, 04:24 PM)
Hi, sorry to jump in, but did you have any issues getting your loan from the bank...my friend tried but couldnt secure loan...the bank even said they dont really entertain walk in anymore, especially if the car you are purchasing has outstanding loan...in the end he had to pay additional 1k to some used car dealer to submit loan..

How was your experience in getting the loan ?
Typically banks have more confidence with these agents from used car dealers as they know that this hire purchase is used for car purchasing.
But if you walk in as individual with some document in your hand, they cant really verify is the loan going to buy a car, or you just made it up and get a hirepurchase to buy something else..

Unlike housing loan where you have lawyers that provide the legal document to safeguard yourself and the bank.

Car hirepurchase is just between you and the bank, and what if someone fake all the document, got the hirepurchase and use it to trade drugs. And after sometime, the owner default the loan and bank cant even confiscate the car since the car doesnt even exist..

Unless you have a bank personal relation officer that know you well enough and help you to handle the loan..

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0570sec    0.54    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:22 AM