Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Battery: Amaron vs Century vs Yokohama

views

6UE5T
post Jun 13 2019, 11:37 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jun 13 2019, 05:15 AM)
Assuming that the alternator is in perfect working condition, the current battery saiz that's in use, is still insufficient to meet the needs of the vehicle.

At this juncture, I think I can be stupid enough to speak of behalf of all battery manufacturers already 😜, if there's any warranty claim, it need not be entertained at all, unless it's just out of goodwill of the battery manufacturer.

However, if it's a large claim for damages e.g. Explosion 💥, surely it will be rejected liao.
Well I had claimed twice, once from Century and another from Delkor, both got new replacements.
6UE5T
post Jun 13 2019, 11:40 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(Valentino46 @ Jun 13 2019, 04:51 AM)
had you check your alternator already,sounds like its not supplying enough juice to the battery
Alternator is confirmed normal.

QUOTE(voscar @ Jun 13 2019, 11:24 AM)
do you check how much current draw after you off your car and with alarm on? leaving car for 4-5 days shouldn't depleted the battery so rapid. i always leave my car unused for 1-2 weeks as swapping car to use, most battery can lasts minimum 2 years before need replace.
This one I haven't checked.
kirakun
post Jun 13 2019, 11:47 AM

On my way
656 posts

QUOTE(voscar @ Jun 13 2019, 11:24 AM)
do you check how much current draw after you off your car and with alarm on? leaving car for 4-5 days shouldn't depleted the battery so rapid. i always leave my car unused for 1-2 weeks as swapping car to use, most battery can lasts minimum 2 years before need replace.
Same here, using cap ayam battery can last around 2 years with once a week drive.
Valentino46
post Jun 14 2019, 01:23 AM

On my way
638 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jun 13 2019, 05:15 AM)
Assuming that the alternator is in perfect working condition, the current battery saiz that's in use, is still insufficient to meet the needs of the vehicle.

At this juncture, I think I can be stupid enough to speak of behalf of all battery manufacturers already 😜, if there's any warranty claim, it need not be entertained at all, unless it's just out of goodwill of the battery manufacturer.

However, if it's a large claim for damages e.g. Explosion 💥, surely it will be rejected liao.
well...how you determine that size is insufficient for that car? its the common size for many japanese car of that engine capacity
Roman Catholic
post Jun 14 2019, 07:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(Valentino46 @ Jun 14 2019, 01:23 AM)
well...how you determine that size is insufficient for that car? its the common size for many japanese car of that engine capacity
I checked with Century. I am dead sure Century Battery Service Center would help anyone out too. Kena stupid customer like me also, ask & ask & ask. If they can tahan me, surely they can tahan anyone. 😂

6uest uses NS60L or S, you have to check the past posts and Century recommends 55D23L or 80D23L. The difference is that its almost double in CCA capacity, which explains the complain of the lack of power.

Since 6uest had pointed out the terminal sizes are the vehicle are smaller, hence I reckon it wouldn't fit the recommended battery size.

As I clearly mentioned, if the warranty claim was allowed its most probably out of goodwill OR now I could also add, that it was the mistake of the reseller of not verifying if the appropriate battery size was used according to the car's specification, cause if it was really done, the warranty claim will most certainly would have been disallowed !

When I did a warranty claim myself, the Century HQ representative that came to visit me, was extremely thorough in his work, as he checked, rechecked and rechecked until he was really satisfied.

Maybe in the Japanese battery market, they have higher & better quality batteries that uses smaller terminals since space is a major issue. However, I have not check if the terminal sizes here are different between the NS60 and the 55D23L yet, but surely will when the opportunity arises.

I think it's best that now 6uest switches to other battery brands too, should there be a claim for damages incurred (touch wood), at least other battery brands may just miss this out but what I am pretty certain, this won't be missed if the same Century HQ representative is involved.

How do I know this for sure, it was because I asked him that time, "Why do people complain about Century batteries ?" and he said "It's usually the inappropriate battery size that's in use, its usually the main culprit in most warranty claim cases."

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Jun 14 2019, 09:35 AM
Tan&tan
post Jun 17 2019, 01:59 AM

Enthusiast
703 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jun 14 2019, 07:42 AM)
I checked with Century. I am dead sure Century Battery Service Center would help anyone out too. Kena stupid customer like me also, ask & ask & ask. If they can tahan me, surely they can tahan anyone. 😂

6uest uses NS60L or S, you have to check the past posts and Century recommends 55D23L or 80D23L. The difference is that its almost double in CCA capacity, which explains the complain of the lack of power.

Since 6uest had pointed out the terminal sizes are the vehicle are smaller, hence I reckon it wouldn't fit the recommended battery size.

As I clearly mentioned, if the warranty claim was allowed its most probably out of goodwill OR now I could also add, that it was the mistake of the reseller of not verifying if the appropriate battery size was used according to the car's specification, cause if it was really done, the warranty claim will most certainly would have been disallowed !

When I did a warranty claim myself, the Century HQ representative that came to visit me, was extremely thorough in his work, as he checked, rechecked and rechecked until he was really satisfied.

Maybe in the Japanese battery market, they have higher & better quality batteries that uses smaller terminals since space is a major issue. However, I have not check if the terminal sizes here are different between the NS60 and the 55D23L yet, but surely will when the opportunity arises.

I think it's best that now 6uest switches to other battery brands too, should there be a claim for damages incurred (touch wood), at least other battery brands may just miss this out but what I am pretty certain, this won't be missed if the same Century HQ representative is involved.

How do I know this for sure, it was because I asked him that time, "Why do people complain about Century batteries ?" and he said "It's usually the inappropriate battery size that's in use, its usually the main culprit in most warranty claim cases."
Ok Roman
Boy96
post Aug 15 2019, 04:27 PM

That's a tripod.
3,755 posts

Century ultramax battery should have 21 month warranty right?

Why I change at a dealer, they only can give me 15 month warranty because im using Volkswagen so cant give the full 21 month?
Matchy
post Aug 15 2019, 05:16 PM

Regular
1,104 posts

QUOTE(Boy96 @ Aug 15 2019, 04:27 PM)
Century ultramax battery should have 21 month warranty right?

Why I change at a dealer, they only can give me 15 month warranty because im using Volkswagen so cant give the full 21 month?
VW dealer? They might have different term than purchasing from outside.
Boy96
post Aug 15 2019, 05:39 PM

That's a tripod.
3,755 posts

QUOTE(Matchy @ Aug 15 2019, 05:16 PM)
VW dealer? They might have different term than purchasing from outside.
Not vw dealer, one of the century battery dealer..
Matchy
post Aug 15 2019, 05:57 PM

Regular
1,104 posts

QUOTE(Boy96 @ Aug 15 2019, 05:39 PM)
If that is the case, I suggest contact Century and ask for clarification...
Roman Catholic
post Aug 15 2019, 10:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(Boy96 @ Aug 15 2019, 05:39 PM)
Did you managed to get in touch with Century to clear the warranty period of the Ultramax ? Please share what happened. TQVM
mingyuyu
post Aug 15 2019, 11:59 PM

B A N N E D
Group Icon
Elite
3,248 posts

My car (bought it used) came with Panasonic dating back to Mar 2017.

Still working great even until now, not sure if I'm lucky or the battery is that durable.
6UE5T
post Aug 16 2019, 12:00 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jun 14 2019, 07:42 AM)

Anyway I won't buy Century anymore! biggrin.gif Next purchase will try Amaron.
Roman Catholic
post Aug 16 2019, 12:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Aug 16 2019, 12:00 AM)
Anyway I won't buy Century anymore!  biggrin.gif  Next purchase will try Amaron.
Its ok, besides not that I own or have shares in Century either. LOL
filage
post Aug 18 2019, 06:04 PM

Regular
1,205 posts

How often should we check battery water level if driving once a week?
ms6309
post Aug 21 2019, 05:59 PM

Getting Started
111 posts

QUOTE(filage @ Aug 18 2019, 06:04 PM)
How often should we check battery water level if driving once a week?
Once a month. If you notice not much changes, then prolong it to 3 months then 6 month. rclxms.gif
wjleong15
post Mar 8 2020, 11:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,258 posts

QUOTE(mingyuyu @ Aug 15 2019, 11:59 PM)
My car (bought it used) came with Panasonic dating back to Mar 2017.

Still working great even until now, not sure if I'm lucky or the battery is that durable.
if your battery still working?
my Panasonic changed in end of April 2016 still working till now
mingyuyu
post Mar 9 2020, 08:54 AM

B A N N E D
Group Icon
Elite
3,248 posts

QUOTE(wjleong15 @ Mar 8 2020, 11:59 PM)
if your battery still working?
my Panasonic changed in end of April 2016 still working till now
It just died last week. Replaced with a cheap Motorlite wet cell since I'm getting rid of the car.
littlefire
post Mar 9 2020, 11:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

Each of the battery got different battery range/model. Usually Amaron ppl are pushing for the hi-life or pro series which is usually higher battery range/grade in its battery category thus why some ppl manage to get more longer lasting and also more expensive compare to normal battery type.

Example
Normal battery 55D23L

Amaron Hi-life - 75D23L
Amaron Pro - 85D23L

That why i always tell owners to confirm the battery type/model before purchase.

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0180sec    0.29    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:55 PM