of Ultaranax are you using ?

1 Ultramax 55D23L; or
2 Ultramax 80D23L; or
3 Any other battery sizes ?

6UE5T
post Jun 11 2019, 06:24 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jun 11 2019, 03:49 PM)
Nice.

Which of these 2 types
of Ultaranax are you using ?

1 Ultramax 55D23L; or
2 Ultramax 80D23L; or
3 Any other battery sizes ?
NS60L.
Roman Catholic
post Jun 11 2019, 07:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Jun 11 2019, 06:24 PM)
NS60L.
Who exactly recommended this battery size to you, bro ?

Did you know that if anything were to happen (touch wood), you've absolved the battery company because of the warranty limitations.

Then again perhaps you may already know about this too.

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Jun 11 2019, 08:15 PM
Roman Catholic
post Jun 11 2019, 09:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(sonicmaster @ Jun 10 2019, 10:50 PM)
Hi, can anyone provide feedback on these three batteries? Share your experience and how long it lasts. Thanks
TS, I am sorry that the thread has veered off course but there's a reason to it. Your first post reminds me of my very first identical question too.

What I want to say is, in your attempt to understand more batteries and hopefully save money I presume, you have to continue asking questions no matter what, until you've understood the basics of how batteries works & their limitations.

Always seek to ask and learn and you will see vast improvements in no time by reading extensively.

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Jun 11 2019, 09:02 PM
6UE5T
post Jun 11 2019, 09:15 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jun 11 2019, 07:35 PM)
Who exactly recommended this battery size to you, bro ?

Did you know that if anything were to happen (touch wood), you've absolved the battery company because of the warranty limitations.

Then again perhaps you may already know about this too.
That's the stock size battery for this car, unfortunately. I want to change to bigger one but will require terminal conversions from small to big.
speedy3210
post Jun 11 2019, 09:38 PM

Casual
451 posts

instead of bigger sized batt, why not try higher rated batt of the same size?

can try 55B24L or 50B24L instead of those normally found 46B24L or 38B24L. then no need do any modifications at all.
Roman Catholic
post Jun 12 2019, 07:30 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Jun 11 2019, 09:15 PM)
That's the stock size battery for this car, unfortunately. I want to change to bigger one but will require terminal conversions from small to big.
Ah that's explains why you're having problems with your batteries.

At this juncture with incorrect terminal sizes, you are simply putting yourself at a greater risk, besides accommodating all the unnecessary hassles that's involved.

This leads me to another question, how on earth did the stock car come with "incorrect" terminal size ? Can't be that Toyota fitted the car with "incorrect" terminal size at the factory, or is it the work of a third party, possibly without your knowledge before you even bought the car ?

If its "truly" stock terminal sizes, that could also mean that in the country where your car originated from, has better quality built batteries for such small sized terminal. These are question I reckon can only be answered when you go abroad and investigate it out for yourself.

Irregardless of whatever the situation is, you still would have to change to the proper sized terminals provided your car has sufficient space to cater for the new battery size. Pointless in changing the correct terminal sizes only to find out later that there's insufficient space for the new battery sized !!!

This is a peculiar case incorrect terminal size in stock car.
Roman Catholic
post Jun 12 2019, 08:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(speedy3210 @ Jun 11 2019, 09:38 PM)
instead of bigger sized batt, why not try higher rated batt of the same size?

can try 55B24L or 50B24L instead of those normally found 46B24L or 38B24L. then no need do any modifications at all.
Very true.

At the end of the day, whatever that's put in, must be according to within the parameters of the specifications of the vehicle and batteries that designed for that particular vehicle.

Anything thats out of those permissible ranges and if anything happens like an explosion 💥 etc, the end user has themselves to blame only. I sense that this is what all battery Co. do in the first instance that there's a warranty claim.

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Jun 12 2019, 08:35 AM
6UE5T
post Jun 12 2019, 01:06 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jun 12 2019, 07:30 AM)
Ah that's explains why you're having problems with your batteries.

At this juncture with incorrect terminal sizes, you are simply putting yourself at a greater risk, besides accommodating all the unnecessary hassles that's involved.

This leads me to another question, how on earth did the stock car come with "incorrect" terminal size ? Can't be that Toyota fitted the car with "incorrect" terminal size at the factory, or is it the work of a third party, possibly without your knowledge before you even bought the car ?

If its "truly" stock terminal sizes, that could also mean that in the country where your car originated from, has better quality built batteries for such small sized terminal. These are question I reckon can only be answered when you go abroad and investigate it out for yourself.

Irregardless of whatever the situation is, you still would have to change to the proper sized terminals provided your car has sufficient space to cater for the new battery size. Pointless in changing the correct terminal sizes only to find out later that there's insufficient space for the new battery sized !!!

This is a peculiar case incorrect terminal size in stock car.
It is original stock terminals, not modified. Many other Mark X also have the same. Compartment size is actually also for that size but I guess still can fit bigger if want to.
Roman Catholic
post Jun 12 2019, 03:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Jun 12 2019, 01:06 PM)
It is original stock terminals, not modified. Many other Mark X also have the same. Compartment size is actually also for that size but I guess still can fit bigger if want to.
Wah all stock also like that ah. This is completely beyond me already liao.

If I were in you, I would go to recheck the car's manual or go to Toyota or go to Century Battery HQ or whichever battery that you want to use and sort this problem what should the correct battery size for this Toyota Mark X spec, so that you will be covered.

I remember Century HQ guy did tell me, that Century has many different types batteries but there's are some passenger car that are just NOT suitable for Century batteries. Hence these type of cars will probably most likely not be covered I reckon, but I didn't verify this with the Century HQ representative. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Jun 12 2019, 03:39 PM
EmpireAnt
post Jun 12 2019, 05:13 PM

Getting Started
149 posts

Am using Amaron atm. so far so good. been only almost a year now.
Ricky300
post Jun 12 2019, 05:15 PM

Regular
1,514 posts

Camel Premium battery...also 18 months warranty
^pomen_GTR^
post Jun 12 2019, 05:51 PM

Regular
1,077 posts

QUOTE(sonicmaster @ Jun 10 2019, 10:50 PM)
Hi, can anyone provide feedback on these three batteries? Share your experience and how long it lasts. Thanks
amaron...

dont look back ever at century and yokohama...
6UE5T
post Jun 12 2019, 11:07 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jun 12 2019, 03:37 PM)
Wah all stock also like that ah. This is completely beyond me already liao.

If I were in you, I would go to recheck the car's manual or go to Toyota or go to Century Battery HQ or whichever battery that you want to use and sort this problem what should the correct battery size for this Toyota Mark X spec, so that you will be covered.

I remember Century HQ guy did tell me, that Century has many different types batteries but there's are some passenger car that are just NOT suitable for Century batteries. Hence these type of cars will probably most likely not be covered I reckon, but I didn't verify this with the Century HQ representative. sad.gif
I doubt Toyota Japan put the wrong battery size for the car, but probably the battery in Malaysia is just not so good. Like I said, I have given Century a second chance by now using their supposedly best battery but it's still not up to my full expectation so next time I won't buy Century anymore. Lasting just over 2 years with multiple jump starts is just average. Next will be Amaron.

This post has been edited by 6UE5T: Jun 12 2019, 11:07 PM
Roman Catholic
post Jun 12 2019, 11:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Jun 12 2019, 11:07 PM)
I doubt Toyota Japan put the wrong battery size for the car, but probably the battery in Malaysia is just not so good. Like I said, I have given Century a second chance by now using their supposedly best battery but it's still not up to my full expectation so next time I won't buy Century anymore. Lasting just over 2 years with multiple jump starts is just average. Next will be Amaron.
Bro., I think it's best you switch to other brands. Seriously with that Century battery size, you're not covered.
ceo684
post Jun 12 2019, 11:46 PM

Component Burner
All Stars
11,545 posts

Have very good experience with Varta MF and GP wet cell.

Not pleased with 100 years battery.
6UE5T
post Jun 13 2019, 12:05 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jun 12 2019, 11:10 PM)
Bro., I think it's best you switch to other brands. Seriously with that Century battery size, you're not covered.
Yes, that's what I already mentioned, need better quality battery.
Valentino46
post Jun 13 2019, 04:51 AM

On my way
638 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Jun 11 2019, 09:31 AM)
Century Marathoner is not good for me. It cannot store enough juice to start my car if left for more than 4/5 days. It lasted around 2.5 years but with countless jump starts.

Now using Century Ultramax, a bit better, can store just a bit longer and seems to have more cranking power but haven't reached 2 years yet so cannot conclude yet.

Yokohama seems just a bit more decent than Century but I don't see it much better too.

Amaron haven't tried but so many good recommendation on it. Got report of people in my car club using this battery lasting until 5 years! Next change I'd probably try it.
had you check your alternator already,sounds like its not supplying enough juice to the battery
Roman Catholic
post Jun 13 2019, 05:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(Valentino46 @ Jun 13 2019, 04:51 AM)
had you check your alternator already,sounds like its not supplying enough juice to the battery
Assuming that the alternator is in perfect working condition, the current battery saiz that's in use, is still insufficient to meet the needs of the vehicle.

At this juncture, I think I can be stupid enough to speak of behalf of all battery manufacturers already 😜, if there's any warranty claim, it need not be entertained at all, unless it's just out of goodwill of the battery manufacturer.

However, if it's a large claim for damages e.g. Explosion 💥, surely it will be rejected liao.
voscar
post Jun 13 2019, 11:24 AM

Regular
1,458 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Jun 12 2019, 11:07 PM)
do you check how much current draw after you off your car and with alarm on? leaving car for 4-5 days shouldn't depleted the battery so rapid. i always leave my car unused for 1-2 weeks as swapping car to use, most battery can lasts minimum 2 years before need replace.

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0146sec    0.42    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:06 PM