Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Asrock motherboard still shit or improved already?

views

TSEBBattlefield
post Jun 12 2019, 04:36 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(chocobo7779 @ Jun 12 2019, 12:37 PM)
Had a Z77 Pro4-M for 6 years before it eventually gave up the ghost laugh.gif

Although I did overclocked my 3570K to 4.2GHz at that time laugh.gif
my MSI P8Z77M-PRo still alive from the same era tongue.gif

but yea, wanna try something else la, as im skeptical of MSI's quality also sweat.gif
Ronin_Amin
post Jun 12 2019, 05:42 PM

Casual

So according to this thread, no mobo brand is good. All bad?
chocobo7779
post Jun 12 2019, 06:38 PM

Power is nothing without control
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Ronin_Amin @ Jun 12 2019, 05:42 PM)
So according to this thread, no mobo brand is good. All bad?
No, each brand have their good and bad units. You'll definitely need to do some research first to find the best ones icon_idea.gif
Ronin_Amin
post Jun 12 2019, 08:06 PM

Casual

QUOTE(chocobo7779 @ Jun 12 2019, 06:38 PM)
No, each brand have their good and bad units.  You'll definitely need to do some research first to find the best ones icon_idea.gif
Aiyo mobo always the hardest part to choose for me, plus now the upcoming x570 also price increase already. It's like they don't want me to upgrade from my current i5 3470.

Last time they told me you can't rma straight to distributor, now can already? Which brand has best rma?
lolzcalvin
post Jun 12 2019, 08:09 PM

shibe in predicament

QUOTE(Ronin_Amin @ Jun 12 2019, 08:06 PM)
Aiyo mobo always the hardest part to choose for me, plus now the upcoming x570 also price increase already. It's like they don't want me to upgrade from my current i5 3470.

Last time they told me you can't rma straight to distributor, now can already? Which brand has best rma?
well...each brand has their good and bad RMAs. no best RMA.
DuitNow
post Jun 12 2019, 08:16 PM

On my way

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Jun 11 2019, 01:35 PM)
Also, ASRock is no longer an ASUS subsidiary
ASRock now stand alone under Pegatron
When this happened? blink.gif Any link?

QUOTE(chocobo7779 @ Jun 12 2019, 12:39 PM)
Along with MSI (which is pretty strange considering back then they were known as 'Missing Something Inside'), both manufacturers actually know how to do motherboards without poor VRM cooling icon_idea.gif
Didnt know that. laugh.gif
sHawTY
post Jun 12 2019, 08:30 PM

Frequent Reporter
Group: All Stars

QUOTE(DuitNow @ Jun 12 2019, 08:16 PM)
When this happened? blink.gif Any link?
Since 2010
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASRock
TSEBBattlefield
post Jun 12 2019, 11:14 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(chocobo7779 @ Jun 12 2019, 12:39 PM)
Along with MSI (which is pretty strange considering back then they were known as 'Missing Something Inside'), both manufacturers actually know how to do motherboards without poor VRM cooling icon_idea.gif
you mean their VRM cooling is good or they're part of pegatron?

ayam konpius
jetblast
post Jun 13 2019, 10:16 AM

Getting Started

I have been using a asrock z97e itx for many many years with a few different cpus. So far no complaints. But for the new ryzen IMO better get a top tier board from the establish partners like Asus msi or gigabyte. Just better wait for some reviews before making a purchase
k!nex
post Jun 13 2019, 11:55 AM

Restless stars

The higher end board is okay. But bios is clunky like hell. Its not smooth like Asus or even MSI bios

This post has been edited by k!nex: Jun 13 2019, 11:56 AM
rickymark88
post Jun 24 2019, 11:24 AM

Getting Started

Just get a Asus or Gigabyte board
junclj
post Jun 24 2019, 05:30 PM

Regular

I've been using AsRock Extreme boards for so many years since sandy bridge and ivy bridge. Have never facing single issue on that board. Just this board of course is not an Asus maximus board. It is quite limited to do overclocking for your CPU and RAM. Since I'm not an enthusiastic, just do some normal overclocking and set your performance RAM to XMP profiles is good enough to run the system smoothly.

My AsRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 was sold after using for 6 years. Now, I'm still using an AsRock Z77 Extreme4. This board was bought from taobao China as second hand and is still working in well condition with my i7-3770k and was put to living room now. For watching mypadtv, and stream online video for watching movies and dramas.

This post has been edited by junclj: Jun 24 2019, 08:18 PM
ben_ang
post Jun 24 2019, 05:38 PM

Thunderc@ts..HO~~~!

dun scare me leh, just jump to ryzen 2600 with AM4 B450 PRO4 half a year ago only.
TSEBBattlefield
post Jun 24 2019, 05:40 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ben_ang @ Jun 24 2019, 05:38 PM)
dun scare me leh, just jump to ryzen 2600 with AM4 B450 PRO4 half a year ago only.
im not scaring you leh....

im asking whether your motherboard scared you enough to scare me from buying it only laugh.gif

so far, gigabyte is more shit than asrock, at least based on lowyat forum feedback laugh.gif
ben_ang
post Jun 24 2019, 05:50 PM

Thunderc@ts..HO~~~!

QUOTE(EBBattlefield @ Jun 24 2019, 05:40 PM)
im not scaring you leh....

im asking whether your motherboard scared you enough to scare me from buying it only  laugh.gif

so far, gigabyte is more shit than asrock, at least based on lowyat forum feedback  laugh.gif
biggrin.gif guess this kinda thing base on luck.. atleast my previous I5 750 paired with gigabyte H55M low end board
served me till last year no big problem. c few of the review said this A450M pro4 can consider + price ngam my budget.. tats y jump to ASrock. Hopefully it can last long dun give headache problem. bo bi bo bi.. biggrin.gif
travellingcircus
post Yesterday, 05:38 PM

QUOTE(ben_ang @ Jun 24 2019, 05:38 PM)
I have the same setup running for 2 years+ now with bios updated. No OC just running on stock. Casual gamer. No problem whatsoever. In fact, never had any problems with any of my rigs. This kinda thing just depends on luck I guess.
travellingcircus
post Yesterday, 05:41 PM

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Jun 11 2019, 11:54 AM)
ASRock motherboard has the highest number of RMA because their motherboard is always the cheapest compared to other brands so their sales quantity is higher

The higher the number of sales, the higher the number of RMA being processed

PS - There is only 2 brands that you should consider, either ASUS or ASRock because their UEFI is the most mature compared to the other brands

Gigabyte RMA support in Malaysia is crap, hantar motherboard claim warranty twice, the only thing they did was downgrade the BIOS, came back and tested the motherboard still have the same issue, the 3rd time I went back to their RMA center, I had to bring the whole PC to prove to them the motherboard is faulty, not caused by my parts, not caused by corrupted BIOS
Basically this. Their B450 motherboards for Ryzen are the most affordable. You have to remember many of the 1st time PC builders are probably teenagers trying to save money. Asrock’s mobos are perfect for them. Higher chances of them fucking up their components. First time user errors are higher.

Op you seem have a doubt for most brands out there lol

This post has been edited by travellingcircus: Yesterday, 05:44 PM
TSEBBattlefield
post Yesterday, 06:26 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(travellingcircus @ Jun 25 2019, 05:41 PM)

Op you seem have a doubt for most brands out there lol
1. this is lyn, we use TS not OP mad.gif

2. I've actually only used Foxconn, MSI, and Intel branded motherboards.....
it's just that my experience with these boards have been ok, but with minor bugs everytime.

With other brands, I've always read bad news.....from customer feedback, hence the reason for this tered.
junclj
post Yesterday, 08:19 PM

Regular

QUOTE(EBBattlefield @ Jun 25 2019, 06:26 PM)
1. this is lyn, we use TS not OP  mad.gif

2. I've actually only used Foxconn, MSI, and Intel branded motherboards.....
it's just that my experience with these boards have been ok, but with minor bugs everytime.

With other brands, I've always read bad news.....from customer feedback, hence the reason for this tered.
I've using Asus, AsRock and MSI. My first really bad experience was my first board is Asus P67 Sabertooth. CPU keep burnt and send to RMA again and again. I was doubted for the PSU problem. So in the end, I was totally given up that PSU and bought a new PSU and new motherboard in the same time. I was replaced to AsRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 after Asus P67 Sabertooth. This motherboard was bought from Idealtech in lelong.com.my. I've been using it since 2011, later that in 2012. I was upgraded to a MSI Z77 MPower, so I do not sell my AsRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 but take it out to build into another casing. Then bring it to my office to make it run 24/7. The CPU create much heat in office especially during off days, public holidays. Nobody in office, so air-conds were off. The computer keep running 24/7, I just use teamviewer or splashtop to control the PC to download and torrent.

After that, I was resigned from that company. So I want to take back that PC back to home. I was moved to another city, so my computer with MSI Z77 MPower that one was left in my hometown. The one computer with AsRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen4 bring together with me in the new city. So I live in a new house in the new city. This motherboard was serving me until 2016, then I visit to taobao to buy second hand used motherboard - AsRock Z77 Extreme4. Actually I was looking for MSI Z77 gaming series motherboard but most of the sellers there are replied me with out of stock.

So later that, my AsRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 was put to living room and plug to a large TV screen. I was bought another new casing again to build that AsRock Z77 Extreme4. Every day I wake up in the morning, I just start the two PCs. Keep them running for morning until night I back home after works. My current house don't have astro, so I went to shopee to buy Mypadtv 180 days to watch astro in my PC. That's why my AsRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 was put to living room. Until March of 2019, I was decided to upgrade my PC to Core i5-9600K. So I was bought MSI Z390 MPG Gaming Plus. The one AsRock Z77 Extreme4 was take out from casing to put in that new Z390 motherboard. So the AsRock Z77 Extreme4 was replaced/upgrade from AsRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 for my living room. I was sold the AsRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 in the end. This board was served me for 7 years actually.

Sorry for that long story. I talk so much but just need to prove that AsRock is a good motherboard. It's not as what you described as a "bad" motherboard. Actually my favourite motherboard is MSI. That's why my hometown was using MSI Z77 MPower. All of graphics card are MSI brands. Also my current new motherboard is MSI.

This post has been edited by junclj: Yesterday, 08:25 PM
kherel77
post Yesterday, 09:14 PM

Noobie

My ASROCK Q1900B-ITX served me well running 24/7 for 3 years as PLEX server/HTPC.

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0749sec    3.79    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th June 2019 - 12:00 PM