Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Asrock motherboard still shit or improved already?

views

SUSEBBattlefield
post Jun 10 2019, 09:51 PM, updated 5y ago

Ramadass Vijandren
637 posts

Not even considering platform upgrade form my ancient Sandy Bridge PC until Ryzen 3000 comes out, but I've always been told that Asrock boards have high rate of DOA etc.

browse newegg, 25% of the comments are usually DOA DOA DOA laugh.gif

So, are they still shit or have they improved?

Just asking because they're usually cheaper, but at most 100 for mid range board la.
Harold2009
post Jun 10 2019, 10:13 PM

On my way
524 posts

QUOTE(EBBattlefield @ Jun 10 2019, 09:51 PM)
Not even considering platform upgrade form my ancient Sandy Bridge PC until Ryzen 3000 comes out, but I've always been told that Asrock boards have high rate of DOA etc.

Just asking because they're usually cheaper, but at most 100 for mid range board la.
Ryzen 3000, consider ryzen 3, 5, 7 or 9 , for ryzen 5 and above, better buy new x570 chipset, pci express gen 4 rumours is power hungry, msi or gigabyte most reliable one.

This post has been edited by Harold2009: Jun 10 2019, 10:14 PM
SUSEBBattlefield
post Jun 11 2019, 08:11 AM

Ramadass Vijandren
637 posts

QUOTE(Harold2009 @ Jun 10 2019, 10:13 PM)
Ryzen 3000, consider ryzen 3, 5, 7 or 9 , for ryzen 5 and above, better buy new x570 chipset, pci express gen 4 rumours is power hungry, msi or gigabyte most reliable one.
Kinda why I ask about Asrock in the first place.....

A series motherboards, they're 50MYR cheaper.
Moving into X570, they're up to 150MYR cheaper.

As for MSI's reliability, I've had 2 MSI boards with my current sandy bridge, due to RMA (of LAN chip being struck by lightning...twice). Even before any funny incidents, they've given me poor connectivity with front USB3.0 ports doh.gif

This is even after I replaced the cheapo stock Cooler Master USB3.0 panels with aftermarket panels.
Failed JJ
post Jun 11 2019, 09:38 AM

Getting Started
142 posts

Used ASRock H81M for my i5-4460 for like 4 years, not a single problem with it

Now running Ryzen 2200G also on ASRock B450M-Pro4, only problem I had was the RAM XMP profiles but then XMP is always a bit stupid. Also the RAM I used isn't in their QVL list so it wasn't unexpected to have some tiny issue.

So far, ASRock not given me any problems and is good value.
sHawTY
post Jun 11 2019, 11:54 AM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

ASRock motherboard has the highest number of RMA because their motherboard is always the cheapest compared to other brands so their sales quantity is higher

The higher the number of sales, the higher the number of RMA being processed

PS - There is only 2 brands that you should consider, either ASUS or ASRock because their UEFI is the most mature compared to the other brands

Gigabyte RMA support in Malaysia is crap, hantar motherboard claim warranty twice, the only thing they did was downgrade the BIOS, came back and tested the motherboard still have the same issue, the 3rd time I went back to their RMA center, I had to bring the whole PC to prove to them the motherboard is faulty, not caused by my parts, not caused by corrupted BIOS
SUSEBBattlefield
post Jun 11 2019, 01:15 PM

Ramadass Vijandren
637 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Jun 11 2019, 11:54 AM)
ASRock motherboard has the highest number of RMA because their motherboard is always the cheapest compared to other brands so their sales quantity is higher

PS - There is only 2 brands that you should consider, either ASUS or ASRock because their UEFI is the most mature compared to the other brands

Gigabyte RMA support in Malaysia is crap, hantar motherboard claim warranty twice, the only thing they did was downgrade the BIOS, came back and tested the motherboard still have the same issue, the 3rd time I went back to their RMA center, I had to bring the whole PC to prove to them the motherboard is faulty, not caused by my parts, not caused by corrupted BIOS
Basically, I either buy ASUS Pro or ASUS poor ? laugh.gif

Honestly though, I've never bought ASUS simply because their price is always off to me. Usually, if going for cheaper (not cheapest) boards, they still give you SATA ports that point to the sky even at RM500++
USB ports also less.

Kinda why I opted for MSI in the past.

Also, my experience with ASUS Tablet, phone, and laptop RMA had been horrendous..... 2 months waiting time.

Gigabyte, I've heard everyone online say they're shit la, but my real life friend recommend pulak biggrin.gif
sHawTY
post Jun 11 2019, 01:31 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

QUOTE(EBBattlefield @ Jun 11 2019, 01:15 PM)
Also, my experience with ASUS Tablet, phone, and laptop RMA had been horrendous..... 2 months waiting time.
If you send it to the shop, then the delay is caused by the shop, not by ASUS

I've sent 2 laptops, 3 motherboards & 1 phone for RMA & all of them is completed in less then 2 weeks
But then, I sent them directly to either ASUS distributor / service center
SUSEBBattlefield
post Jun 11 2019, 01:34 PM

Ramadass Vijandren
637 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Jun 11 2019, 01:31 PM)

I've sent 2 laptops, 3 motherboards & 1 phone for RMA & all of them is completed in less then 2 weeks
I direct deal with Asus serbis center, at least authorised service center in Digittal Mall.
Worked for PC retailer few years back.

Didn't deal with custom PCs much, so I dont know about ASUS and motherbaord RMA.

sHawTY
post Jun 11 2019, 01:35 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

Also, ASRock is no longer an ASUS subsidiary
ASRock now stand alone under Pegatron
Harold2009
post Jun 11 2019, 01:37 PM

On my way
524 posts

QUOTE(EBBattlefield @ Jun 11 2019, 08:11 AM)
Kinda why I ask about Asrock in the first place.....

A series motherboards, they're 50MYR cheaper.
Moving into X570, they're up to 150MYR cheaper.
As for MSI's reliability, I've had 2 MSI boards with my current sandy bridge, due to RMA (of LAN chip being struck by lightning...twice). Even before any funny incidents, they've given me poor connectivity with front USB3.0 ports doh.gif

This is even after I replaced the cheapo stock Cooler Master USB3.0 panels with aftermarket panels.
Never use Asrock products, so many complain failure rate quite high, I prefer MSI or Gigabyte higher end chipset for motherboard, like X470, x570, z97 or z370 for example due better vrm layout, mostly I buy midrange to high end CPU, depend which intel or amd, no fustrated pair with good xmp profile ram and at least with one midrange GPU onward, eg RTX2060, with at least 5 storage onboard mix ssd & big capacity hdd.
Skylinestar
post Jun 11 2019, 08:55 PM

Mega Duck
All Stars
10,090 posts

Last time people says Biostar is bad but mine are running great (I have both high end P45 and budget G31 mobos).

Cheapest AsRock H81 matx Mobo for my mom's PC (also download rig). Running fine for years without problem.

My current Z170 Fatal1ty Mobo for my gaming rig. Running since since introduction of Skylake. A-OK. Able to overclock non K CPU too.

If you read up on Newegg or Amazon reviews, you'll find bad series of certain products. You can't say ASRock is bad. Same goes to ASUS too. They have problematic series of products too. Just avoid the bad ones. Always read up on geek/hardcore forum discussion.
1024kbps
post Jun 12 2019, 01:01 AM

李素裳
5,780 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Jun 11 2019, 01:31 PM)

Shop manager only sent dead mobo only if they accumulated stuff enough for rma, or the distro person swing by, or once a week or 2.

People seriously think they will send directly to distro just for 1 mobo? they gonna busy as heck sweat.gif
SUSEBBattlefield
post Jun 12 2019, 08:03 AM

Ramadass Vijandren
637 posts

QUOTE(1024kbps @ Jun 12 2019, 01:01 AM)
Shop manager only sent dead mobo only if they accumulated stuff enough for rma, or the distro person swing by, or once a week or 2.

People seriously think they will send directly to distro just for 1 mobo? they gonna busy as heck sweat.gif
if based in lowyat plaza can......

half the distributors are just located next door in IMBI on lvl 6-7+++ laugh.gif
SliparJepun
post Jun 12 2019, 08:17 AM

Getting Started
109 posts

Gigabyte RMA support in Malaysia is crap, hantar motherboard claim warranty twice, the only thing they did was downgrade the BIOS, came back and tested the motherboard still have the same issue
Aku pon kena sama dengan kau bro.
Nama service center yang dia hantar mobo aku tu
Best Point Service Centre Sdn Bhd

Memang celaka gigabyte msia.
RMA cap ayam.
ranting.gif
chocobo7779
post Jun 12 2019, 12:37 PM

Power is nothing without control
All Stars
14,368 posts

Had a Z77 Pro4-M for 6 years before it eventually gave up the ghost laugh.gif

Although I did overclocked my 3570K to 4.2GHz at that time laugh.gif
chocobo7779
post Jun 12 2019, 12:39 PM

All Stars
14,368 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Jun 11 2019, 01:35 PM)
Also, ASRock is no longer an ASUS subsidiary
ASRock now stand alone under Pegatron
Along with MSI (which is pretty strange considering back then they were known as 'Missing Something Inside'), both manufacturers actually know how to do motherboards without poor VRM cooling icon_idea.gif
chocobo7779
post Jun 12 2019, 12:40 PM

All Stars
14,368 posts

Too bad ASUS's VRM cooling is pretty bad even at their ROG range sweat.gif
chocobo7779
post Jun 12 2019, 12:48 PM

All Stars
14,368 posts

I actually use quite a few ASRock boards in my build - and the only one failed was my 6 year old Z77 Pro4-M. ASRock quality is quite good and I actually prefer it to ASUS as they have actually decent VRM setup on their boards icon_idea.gif
sHawTY
post Jun 12 2019, 02:17 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

QUOTE(chocobo7779 @ Jun 12 2019, 12:40 PM)
Too bad ASUS's VRM cooling is pretty bad even at their ROG range sweat.gif
Both ASUS ROG & ASRock Fatal1ty lineup has bad VRM cooling

On a side note, ASRock really should drop the "Fatal1ty" lineup, he's an old has been & the last time he won an eSports game was in 2005 laugh.gif
SUSEBBattlefield
post Jun 12 2019, 04:35 PM

Ramadass Vijandren
637 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Jun 12 2019, 02:17 PM)
Both ASUS ROG & ASRock Fatal1ty lineup has bad VRM cooling

On a side note, ASRock really should drop the "Fatal1ty" lineup, he's an old has been & the last time he won an eSports game was in 2005 laugh.gif
Asrock X570 BIRUSAMA AM4 SS edition tongue.gif

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0170sec    0.17    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:46 PM