Enthusiast
715 posts

-

This post has been edited by frontierzone: Jun 12 2019, 07:02 PM
frontierzone
post Jun 12 2019, 07:00 PM

Enthusiast
715 posts

QUOTE(JREnterprise @ Jun 12 2019, 05:33 PM)
TS,

Think twice before you let go your RM15K job and start up fresh in SG.
Not only about the pay, but in other as well.

1. SG Income Tax is 15-22%, after that deduction, is the pay still attractive to you?
2. The CPF once you get the PR (16%)
3. The MOM, working permit - If you were terminated from your job, you need to get out from the country within 30days.
4. SG has / recognize lesser PH than MY.
5. Employment Termination Act - The employer can terminate you in 24hrs, without paying any compensation. Do you feel safe?

"There is no statutory requirement on the number of days for the notice period. The notice period depends on what is agreed upon in the employment contract and must be the same for both parties. The employee is allowed to use any accrued annual leave to offset the notice period. The employment contract can be terminated by either party without notice if the other party is in willful breach of the contract."

6. The country culture & laws
7. Your personal daily expenses - you spend SGD2k to rent a studio, which probably in MY you are paying RM2K for your own housing loan (Asset). Even better if some of the people is staying with family. Zero cost.

I believe there are more to consider rather than just $$$.
Mind to share what culture shock await for. those who never step into Singapore to work?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0139sec    0.09    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:14 AM