Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Should I make the police report ? pls help

views

TSbluearrow666 P
post Jun 9 2019, 02:04 AM, updated 5y ago

Probation
10 posts

Help!

A kiddo suddenly ran out without checking there is any car coming and i happen to bang the kid (p.s. there is a bum infront and my car is going 20-30km/h) after that the kid just quickly get up and run into the house. To make sure the kid is ok, i went down and check with her and she was crying and saying that her head is damn painful. So i quickly just take her and her guardian to to nearest clinic to check and the doctor said better to admit hospital and there we go to the nearest private hospital and due to it is a private hospital, doing those scanning could cost alot, and i m not going to pay for it as it is really not my fault causing this and her relatives suggest to go to general hospital BUT . they said i need to pay the ambulance transportation fee (RM150) in order to settle this and they will pay the fees charged by general hospital. And i agree to that.

Hopefully, the kid has no bleeding and a very minor concussion and doctor said to admit for 24hrs to observe.

Here is the question, should i make the police report ? coz i saw a "kes polis" stamp on her file in general hospital
and because they seem like they dont want to make this matter big and i m just here dunno what should i do.
TSbluearrow666 P
post Jun 9 2019, 02:11 AM

Probation
10 posts

QUOTE(MCBFUHO @ Jun 9 2019, 02:08 AM)
yes u should, coz the doc will report if you dont it will be deem as langar lari
If i report, then they didnt report, what will happen to me ?
TSbluearrow666 P
post Jun 9 2019, 02:13 AM

Probation
10 posts

QUOTE(spy1hitman @ Jun 9 2019, 02:08 AM)
do you meet up with that kid parent? settle with that kid parent. no need make this big issue
Yeah. we met up. We agree to settle by i paying the ambulance fee and they will pay the hospital fee.Both of us also dont wan to make this matter big.just that i saw the "kes polis" stamp on the girls file and i m very confuse
TSbluearrow666 P
post Jun 9 2019, 04:06 PM

Probation
10 posts

Hi Guys
Thanks for all the advice. I really appreciate it.
I had made the police report and contact my insurance agent. Hope everything will be okay.

TSbluearrow666 P
post Jun 9 2019, 06:56 PM

Probation
10 posts

QUOTE(kingz113 @ Jun 9 2019, 05:11 PM)
One last point. Most of the time you won't get a civil summons until 6 months to 2 years later. In the mean time, keep the documents I mentioned earlier safely filed away.

It'll be ok as that's what insurance is for. Your onus is to inform your insurance when an incident happens, which I hope you have done.
Copy that. Thankk youuuuu
TSbluearrow666 P
post Jun 9 2019, 06:59 PM

Probation
10 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jun 9 2019, 02:22 PM)
Oh boy ! With all the advices above, if I were in your shoes I would be praying frantically that nothing happens to that child within the next few days and the doctors scan all turned out O.K.
Just contacted the kiddos mum, everything is fine. All the results are okayyy. 😇😇
TSbluearrow666 P
post Jun 11 2019, 07:09 PM

Probation
10 posts

QUOTE(Chrix @ Jun 10 2019, 04:45 PM)
Further info.

A police report can be made, just for record purposes. This can be used when there are any further civil\legal developments.

In case some ppl wonder if make report = confirm open case \ investigation \ summons.

And invest in a good dashcam, treat it like insurance. Better to have it, but dont need, rather need it, but dont have.
Any recommendation on good dash cam ?
TSbluearrow666 P
post Jun 25 2019, 01:02 AM

Probation
10 posts

QUOTE(ANGELNHERO @ Jun 15 2019, 10:55 AM)
Head injury with blood me also kena  when small , that one is roll over on road cos is slope.
After that still can walk back home .

Kena van bang also big case , but me still alive...
Wow... thug life u had 😂
TSbluearrow666 P
post Jun 25 2019, 01:03 AM

Probation
10 posts

QUOTE(Chrix @ Jun 12 2019, 08:32 AM)
Thankss !!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0136sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:50 PM