Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Aruz ok or not?

views

Bjorn1688
post Jun 9 2019, 10:56 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(Revoz @ Jun 9 2019, 12:07 PM)
Yeah that is quite frustrating cos 3rd row seat cant be fold flat lole alza. I wonder is it legal to just take it off? Lols. Make it 5 seaters. If only perodua came oit with 5 seater version, a shorter body like i see in google, it look more suv with shorter body. But aruz ermmmm....more like mpv look, dont know why they called it suv.
Ya i aware abt the tyre price for 17inch tims would not cheap. But i wonder 1.5 engine ride on 17inch? Sound too heavy.
Once it is your car there isn't anything stopping you from removing the 3rd row seats.

Many Fortuner and Pajero Sport owners do exactly that as did many Land Rover Discovery owners.

Fairly easy to remove as well.

Yes a shorter wheelbase and 5 seat version of this would have been ideal, wish what they would have done was Toyota produced the 5 seat version while Perodua produced the 7 seater version.
EmpireAnt
post Jun 10 2019, 10:20 AM

Getting Started
149 posts

I test drove Aruz and straight away reject it from my list.

The car is just too under powered and not comfortable at all.

If you just want a car to move 5adults+2 smaller size adults then can consider la.

Jonsnow68
post Jun 10 2019, 02:44 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

I find it hilarious when people expect the aruz to be powerful.

Safe and sensible car buyers prefer a simple car, with a simple engine and a simple transmission. That's why the avanzas/alzas did so well. Now, there are plenty of competition in this segment already, some are not "underpowered"

Most families looking at this kind of vehicle jusy wants a simple car to fit all their family members, and cars like the avanza/alza and the aruz will do fine for that.

Talking about power, how powerful do you want a car to be? Are you going to use up every horsepower and torque of the car? Will you be going for touge up genting every weekend in your aruz? You balik kampung with a fully loaded car every weekend?

The aruz is a great car that can fit 5+2. It's decent for daily driving and the occasional balik kampung trips. It will be bumpy because of the setup of the car. It won't be powerful but it is just sufficient.

To the thread starter, asking us on lowyat won't help you make your decision. We all have our preference, driving style etc. The best thing you can do is go test drive the car. Cheers.
dopamine
post Jun 10 2019, 03:12 PM

Casual
442 posts

Hope to hear more users to share their actual FC.
abubin
post Jun 10 2019, 03:58 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

QUOTE(Jonsnow68 @ Jun 10 2019, 02:44 PM)

Safe and sensible car buyers prefer a simple car, with a simple engine and a simple transmission. That's why the avanzas/alzas did so well. Now, there are plenty of competition in this segment already, some are not "underpowered"

Most families looking at this kind of vehicle jusy wants a simple car to fit all their family members, and cars like the avanza/alza and the aruz will do fine for that.

Talking about power, how powerful do you want a car to be? Are you going to use up every horsepower and torque of the car? Will you be going for touge up genting every weekend in your aruz? You balik kampung with a fully loaded car every weekend?

The aruz is a great car that can fit 5+2. It's decent for daily driving and the occasional balik kampung trips. It will be bumpy because of the setup of the car. It won't be powerful but it is just sufficient.

To the thread starter, asking us on lowyat won't help you make your decision. We all have our preference, driving style etc. The best thing you can do is go test drive the car. Cheers.
Well said bro! rclxms.gif

theanswer
post Jun 10 2019, 05:21 PM

Regular
1,024 posts

the only plus point i like abt the car is the safety spec vs brv. urmm...ok extra led headlamp. the rest nope.
aruz feel a bit cramp inside compared to brv. bcause brv came from jazz chassis (hatchback), so the floor is lower, the roof is high create more space inside. while aruz use ladder frame same as avanza (not related to myvi or alza at all), the floor is high but they cant increase the roof higher (or else going to be tall), as a result less head room inside.
suitable for family with small kids..but to carry some adult occasionally, nope. the seats a bit narrow and small even for 2nd row.
canaviso
post Jun 11 2019, 03:40 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

Well said. I'm a current Aruz owner. It's a big improvement for my family coming from a 2005 Citra. For the price, it's worth it. 😉
canaviso
post Jun 11 2019, 03:44 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

QUOTE(theanswer @ Jun 10 2019, 05:21 PM)
the only plus point i like abt the car is the safety spec vs brv. urmm...ok extra led headlamp. the rest nope.
aruz feel a bit cramp inside compared to brv. bcause brv came from jazz chassis (hatchback), so the floor is lower, the roof is high create more space inside. while aruz use ladder frame same as avanza (not related to myvi or alza at all), the floor is high but they cant increase the roof higher (or else going to be tall), as a result less head room inside.
suitable for family with small kids..but to carry some adult occasionally, nope. the seats a bit narrow and small even for 2nd row.
Yes. The safety spec is what attracted us to purchase it vs sienta and brv. Wifey uses it to transport kids so fits our requirement.
ron c
post Jun 13 2019, 09:28 AM

45 posts

Anyone made their booking in April and already received their car?

TSRevoz
post Jun 16 2019, 04:36 PM

On my way
654 posts

QUOTE(ron c @ Jun 13 2019, 09:28 AM)
Looks like none here. Salesman told me have to wait long for now. I test drive aruz, ok2 lar if for light use, not suitable for heavy use like everytime accelerate fast2 and go 140-160kmh on highway. Its underpower car, but still good for city drive n good for go to work and carry few stuff. Pick up slow but not that slow. Ok2 lar. Lols. Dun knw wat to say.
Pugbunny
post Jun 16 2019, 05:25 PM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(ron c @ Jun 13 2019, 09:28 AM)
Booking through Perodua branch might be slightly faster than dealers
TSRevoz
post Jun 17 2019, 06:03 PM

On my way
654 posts

Anyone drive aruz here? Mind share fuel consumption? Doesnt matter how u guys drive it, but lets share. Example 1 full tank can go how many KM?
hjack
post Jun 17 2019, 06:47 PM

Getting Started
242 posts

QUOTE(theanswer @ Jun 10 2019, 05:21 PM)
Check your facts on the bolded bro.
hjack
post Jun 17 2019, 06:48 PM

Getting Started
242 posts

Well said.
nesadotcom
post Jun 17 2019, 07:05 PM

36 posts

buy updated exora la, cheaper, bigger, more power like some of you want. FC, weih we are in Malaysia la, unless you are driving 10k km a mth, why bother FC, you can save on mthly installments instead.
theanswer
post Jun 18 2019, 09:41 AM

Regular
1,024 posts

QUOTE(hjack @ Jun 17 2019, 06:47 PM)
Check your facts on the bolded bro.
oh sorry..brv/mobilio use brio platform. thanks.
leon898
post Jun 18 2019, 10:47 AM

Enthusiast
733 posts

it's always about transporting from point A to B. Nothing more.
Why bother about underpower and handling? U want to touge to genting every weekend?

This is typical Daihatsu/perodua car la

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0137sec    0.11    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:42 AM