Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> what guitar for me, getting my second guitar (Guitars)

views

TSnotsoindian23 P
post Jun 6 2019, 03:29 PM, updated 2 months ago

Group: Probation

sup people, im consider myself a lower intermediate guitarist. recently got a secondhand fender squire and i think it's pretty fun to jam with. any suggestions on my next guitar? preferably electric, under RM 700 but im open to discussion. ive heard that les pauls are good jamming instruments but i haven't personally played it. anyone got any input?
freakfingers12
post Jun 9 2019, 02:00 PM

Honor thy father
Group: Senior Member

If you've just gotten yourself a guitar, I'd recommend you to save up RM2000 to splurge on a new guitar. It's better than to keep buying cheaper guitars but not getting a really solid one.
ariffdude
post Jun 10 2019, 09:24 AM

On my way

QUOTE(freakfingers12 @ Jun 9 2019, 02:00 PM)
If you've just gotten yourself a guitar, I'd recommend you to save up RM2000 to splurge on a new guitar. It's better than to keep buying cheaper guitars but not getting a really solid one.
Agreed. Meanwhile, send the Squier for setup and fret levelling. It will make a huge difference. Then later upgrade pickups (that Alexander Pribora pickups looks mighty tempting).
quarantined
post Jun 10 2019, 09:38 AM

Create Not Imitate

QUOTE(ariffdude @ Jun 10 2019, 09:24 AM)
Agreed. Meanwhile, send the Squier for setup and fret levelling. It will make a huge difference. Then later upgrade pickups (that Alexander Pribora pickups looks mighty tempting).
I think should avoid touching the pickups until you know what tones you are looking for, and at least have a half decent amp..

Save your money and keep practising. After a while you'll know what your preference is. A tele can sound pretty ff brutal when you up the gain, who needs a Les Paul biggrin.gif
+3kk!
post Jun 10 2019, 11:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Ive always found that guitar prices and "upgrades" follow a certain pattern

<1k - thick poly, cheap hardware, Cheapest of the cheap

2-3k - you start seeing some respectable "professional" specifications.

5-10k - Pro range, basically if you are a successful working musician with tons of gigs. The hardware works well, guitar plays better, its lighter (cept for LPS)

10-20k - Collectors , exotic woods, top of the line stuff. Folks with more money than sense really (inb4 everdying calls me out)

generally if you upgrade inside a range, you add one or 2 minor items that are upgraded but won't be a day and night diff. So its kinda not worth it to do it

dragonmatahari
post Jun 16 2019, 01:17 AM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(notsoindian23 @ Jun 6 2019, 03:29 PM)
sup people, im consider myself a lower intermediate guitarist. recently got a secondhand fender squire and i think it's pretty fun to jam with. any suggestions on my next guitar? preferably electric, under RM 700 but im open to discussion. ive heard that les pauls are good jamming instruments but i haven't personally played it. anyone got any input?
yes bro.. with LP you'll discover another type magic drive through Humbuckers.. but i doubt to find a honest used one for 700.. well dont worry ... maybe you will .. anything possible but dont underestimated the Squire ...its got plenty of Strats voodoo magic... go slow...feel it.. you'll find YOU
lockheed90
post Jun 24 2019, 03:32 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(notsoindian23 @ Jun 6 2019, 03:29 PM)
Since you've never played a Les Paul type guitar I would suggest you try it first. Because the Squier Strat type guitars is a comfortable guitar to play with than the Les Pauls.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0709sec    2.30    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd July 2019 - 09:44 PM