Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Foreigner Looking for Job in Malaysia

views

TSwendyz.15 P
post May 31 2019, 02:44 PM, updated 5y ago

Probation
1 posts

Me and my China bf is in long distance relationship.

Our plan is he come and looking for a job at Malaysia and work here for about a year so that we can get together to understand each other more before we getting married.

However, we are facing some dilemma on how to find a job for him in Malaysia.

His educational level is only up to Secondary School and he only know how to speak Chinese. In China, he is worked as a machine repair technician in computer hardware factory...

He don't mind to work as a hard labor (like working in factory/ restaurant) because he just need a proper job and a work permit to stay legally in Malaysia.

What I'm planning to ask him to do is walk-in to those big factory and ask around? Unsure whether it is workable or not...

Seriously need some help and advise here... sad.gif

Tq...

MeToo
post May 31 2019, 02:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

My experience with this is that it will be VERY VERY hard for him to get a work permit.

It a chicken and egg thing, u need an employment to apply for a work permit, and most lower level jobs wont want to go thru the hassle of hiring you if you dont have a permit.

It would be easier for him to get married to a local for a spouse visa which doubles up as a work permit.
mrcg
post May 31 2019, 03:06 PM

Getting Started
235 posts

nah just come here 1st then figure it out later..he can easily find a job at steel fabrication factories as machine operator and since he can speak/or chinese so expect a decent job at least a supervisor..dont worry about permit i met many china man at this kind of factories and i dont think they got permit either..just ask him to take English class later then should be good...so many foreigners on this land u think they all got permit?
jamalnsx
post May 31 2019, 03:13 PM

Getting Started
131 posts

Go to Singapore la. Easier and very near to Malaysia.
TSwendyz.15 P
post May 31 2019, 03:18 PM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(mrcg @ May 31 2019, 03:06 PM)
nah just come here 1st then figure it out later..he can easily find a job at steel fabrication factories as machine operator and since he can speak/or chinese so expect a decent job at least a supervisor..dont worry about permit i met many china man at this kind of factories and i dont think they got permit either..just ask him to take English class later then should be good...so many foreigners on this land u think they all got permit?
Hi, do you have any idea on how to find the steel factories job? can he just walk-in and said want to talk to HR?

ohmy.gif huh? no work permit then they are illegal worker here? confused.gif
TSwendyz.15 P
post May 31 2019, 03:22 PM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(jamalnsx @ May 31 2019, 03:13 PM)
Go to Singapore la. Easier and very near to Malaysia.
cause i have a decent job here in Malaysia ... so i'm not thinking to move yet...
if he is going to work in Sg... there's no point he come here liao cz the reason he planned to come Malaysia is to solve this long distance relationship issue ...
mrcg
post Jun 3 2019, 10:07 AM

Getting Started
235 posts

QUOTE(wendyz.15 @ May 31 2019, 03:18 PM)
Hi, do you have any idea on how to find the steel factories job? can he just walk-in and said want to talk to HR?

ohmy.gif  huh? no work permit then they are illegal worker here?  confused.gif
u can go to any factory/workshops get a contact and ask them...just to get better ideas. this kind of workshop mostly located at sg buloh/belakong/kepong area. this kind our jobs normally local people will try to avoid
nordtty
post Jun 3 2019, 09:08 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

QUOTE(wendyz.15 @ May 31 2019, 03:22 PM)
cause i have a decent job here in Malaysia ... so i'm not thinking to move yet...
if he is going to work in Sg... there's no point he come here liao cz the reason he planned to come Malaysia is to solve this long distance relationship issue ...
Your decent job is at which state? Penang? KL? Johor?
gdryan
post Jul 10 2019, 08:28 AM

12 posts

ah moi, you don't know the true colour of Chinese Chinese. unless you have no market in msia otherwise try stop this relationship asap. Trust me, you have no future no hope with him. Wake up.
TSwendyz.15 P
post Jul 10 2019, 09:01 AM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(mrcg @ Jun 3 2019, 10:07 AM)
u can go to any factory/workshops get a contact and ask them...just to get better ideas.  this kind of workshop mostly located at sg buloh/belakong/kepong area. this kind our jobs normally local people will try to avoid
Hi ~ thanks for the constructive comments =)
He is here in Malaysia now for half a month and surprisingly he did found a job.
But after our discussion he decided to go back soon and start a new business.

jack2
post Aug 25 2019, 11:24 PM

Mr
All Stars
14,363 posts

i think they break off already
Alan Chai P
post Jun 7 2020, 08:18 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(wendyz.15 @ May 31 2019, 03:18 PM)

ohmy.gif  huh? no work permit then they are illegal worker here?  :confused:
Can ask agent to help you to apply work permit for approval.
My Webpage

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0204sec    0.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:22 AM