Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Google Pixel 4 discussion thread

views

Kagekiyo
post May 23 2020, 11:35 AM

On my way
547 posts

QUOTE(ijuanp03 @ May 23 2020, 10:30 AM)
Monmar01 in Shopee also sells brand new.
The most reputable one is T&L Telecom (both in Shopee and Lazada).

There are other sellers now that sell cheap Pixel 4 devices but they are all 2nd hand units. If you buy 2nd hand, chances are the battery life s*cks and the paint on the camera lens already chipped.
Correction - Monmar01 sells mostly refurbished Pixel sets (unless stated otherwise). I've purchased a Pixel 3a from him for RM1350 a few months ago and it comes along with a 1 year supplier warranty compared to other sellers selling refurbished Pixel sets but only offering 3 months supplier warranty.

ijuanp03
post May 24 2020, 12:10 AM

Regular
1,039 posts

QUOTE(Kagekiyo @ May 23 2020, 11:35 AM)
Correction - Monmar01 sells mostly refurbished Pixel sets (unless stated otherwise). I've purchased a Pixel 3a from him for RM1350 a few months ago and it comes along with a 1 year supplier warranty compared to other sellers selling refurbished Pixel sets but only offering 3 months supplier warranty.
He sells either or both bnew and second hand.
You would see it in his title if you see "brand new set sealed" or something, then it's brand new.

If you see "original set" then most likely just a secondhand.

The thing about monmar01 is, he wants to confuse people by not mentioning second hand in the title.

I also find his refurbished items too expensive.

T&L sells the Pixel 3a for just RM1599 and that's brand new already.
Kagekiyo
post May 24 2020, 10:37 AM

On my way
547 posts

QUOTE(ijuanp03 @ May 24 2020, 12:10 AM)
He sells either or both bnew and second hand.
You would see it in his title if you see "brand new set sealed" or something, then it's brand new.

If you see "original set" then most likely just a secondhand.

The thing about monmar01 is, he wants to confuse people by not mentioning second hand in the title.

I also find his refurbished items too expensive.

T&L sells the Pixel 3a for just RM1599 and that's brand new already.
I agree.

If potential buyers intend to purchase a brand new Pixel, i will strongly recommend T&L Telcom as their pricing is competitive/response rate is fast compared to other resellers.

If you're lucky, sometimes they will have ready stock in hand at their KL office which means less waiting time for your phone to be delivered vs being shipped from Hong Kong to Malaysia which will take anywhere between 7 - 12 days (depending on your address of residence & courier reliability/coverage).

r4ydc24
post May 27 2020, 11:51 PM

Level of Noobness
1,067 posts

So I've been using Pixel 4 for couple of days now especially for Raya photos. I noticed that the phone gets hot quickly and been getting this "Device is too hot" warning on the camera app. The thing is, I don't even run resource intensive apps like games while taking pictures. Anyone has any idea how to avoid this excessive heat issue?
Agito666
post May 28 2020, 12:27 AM

10k Club
Group Icon
Elite
11,773 posts

QUOTE(r4ydc24 @ May 27 2020, 11:51 PM)
So I've been using Pixel 4 for couple of days now especially for Raya photos. I noticed that the phone gets hot quickly and been getting this "Device is too hot" warning on the camera app. The thing is, I don't even run resource intensive apps like games while taking pictures. Anyone has any idea how to avoid this excessive heat issue?
are you in limited signal area? phone might keep searching the signal so it will get warm?
or photo you keep turn on the screen like video mode? hmm.gif
Harddisk
post May 28 2020, 02:00 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,880 posts

QUOTE(r4ydc24 @ May 27 2020, 11:51 PM)
You're using the Portrait mode extensively, aren't you?
r4ydc24
post May 28 2020, 11:41 AM

Level of Noobness
1,067 posts

QUOTE(Agito666 @ May 28 2020, 12:27 AM)
are you in limited signal area? phone might keep searching the signal so it will get warm?
or photo you keep turn on the screen like video mode?  hmm.gif
This is true. DiGi line sucks big time here. So one option is to put on airplane mode in this kinda weak signal areas la right?

QUOTE(Harddisk @ May 28 2020, 02:00 AM)
You're using the Portrait mode extensively, aren't you?
This is also true. Haih. Portrait all the way. I also noticed that coming from Pixel 2, Pixel 4 still have that trouble of queuing up processes of Portrait mode until some photos unsuccessfully processed and dropped from the final result in Google Photos. Meaning, not recommended to burst during Portrait mode. Am missing my DSLR already XD
Harddisk
post May 28 2020, 06:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,880 posts

QUOTE(r4ydc24 @ May 28 2020, 11:41 AM)
This is also true. Haih. Portrait all the way. I also noticed that coming from Pixel 2, Pixel 4 still have that trouble of queuing up processes of Portrait mode until some photos unsuccessfully processed and dropped from the final result in Google Photos. Meaning, not recommended to burst during Portrait mode. Am missing my DSLR already XD
I accidentally tapped too many times on Portrait mode and I got that message. So have to be thrifty when shooting in Portrait mode.
Agito666
post May 28 2020, 07:11 PM

10k Club
Group Icon
Elite
11,773 posts

This is true. DiGi line sucks big time here. So one option is to put on airplane mode in this kinda weak signal areas la right?
i asked that because my old phone HTC M7 tend to get warm when i have lunch time in low signal area which is make the phone use extra power to get signal reception
i am not sure it is culprit or not
ijuanp03
post May 29 2020, 08:46 PM

Regular
1,039 posts

Google Pixel 4 has the option to adjust the background blur even on non-portrait shots.
It works as good as shooting portraits.

Say.what5
post May 30 2020, 11:00 PM

31 posts

hey guys.

i just bought a Pixel 4 from Lazada (T&L telecom) , they answer all my questions promptly and very well recommended. Genuine products.

got this like for 2 weeks already. loving it and waiting for my case to arrive.

was wondering if the Radar/Soli working for you guys? from the thread .... looks like it doesnt work here in Msia.
ijuanp03
post May 31 2020, 12:23 AM

Regular
1,039 posts

QUOTE(Say.what5 @ May 30 2020, 11:00 PM)
hey guys.

i just bought a Pixel 4 from Lazada (T&L telecom) , they answer all my questions promptly and very well recommended. Genuine products.

was wondering if the Radar/Soli working for you guys? from the thread .... looks like it doesnt work here in Msia.
Congratulations on your purchase.
Potential buyers should buy now since T&L will not replenish stocks for Pixel 4 and 4 XL. They are on clearance sale now.
selphy
post May 31 2020, 10:01 AM

Casual
357 posts

QUOTE(Say.what5 @ May 30 2020, 11:00 PM)
hey guys.

Welcome to the club! Yes, T&L is a good seller, and they have a service centre here in KL too from what i can remember.

As for your Soli query, unfortunately it doesnt work in Msia due to geographical restrictions. Only way to get it working is by rooting the phone and using some adb shell commands or using an xposed module.

Say.what5
post May 31 2020, 03:44 PM

31 posts

thanks!
well, loving this new looked Android. i've been on and off android and iphone for years now.

but been stucked with iOS since iphone7, and tried pixel2/motorola for 2-3 months and got bored bcos android back then was kinda shiet.

now its at the closest to iOS and probably better.

cant wait for Pixel5 by end of this year. i just hope the camera bump is not as like what is leaked online... it looks horrible.

hopefully they maintain the pixel4 shape and size. loving it!
Nightsoldier
post Jun 2 2020, 09:08 AM

8 posts

June update with Pixel Drop is here. Hopefully the updated Adaptive Battery does make some real world difference.

https://9to5google.com/2020/06/01/pixel-feature-drop-june/
Agito666
post Jun 2 2020, 11:18 AM

10k Club
Group Icon
Elite
11,773 posts

i s till waiting 4a to release and see it is worth to buy or not lol
Kagekiyo
post Jun 2 2020, 11:47 AM

On my way
547 posts

QUOTE(Say.what5 @ May 31 2020, 03:44 PM)
thanks!
well, loving this new looked Android. i've been on and off android and iphone for years now.

but been stucked with iOS since iphone7, and tried pixel2/motorola for 2-3 months and got bored bcos android back then was kinda shiet.

now its at the closest to iOS and probably better.

cant wait for Pixel5 by end of this year. i just hope the camera bump is not as like what is leaked online... it looks horrible.

hopefully they maintain the pixel4 shape and size. loving it!
After owning every single Pixel to date since the first generation since 2016 i'm not too sure if i'll be excited for the Pixel 5 or future generations primarily because their their lead computational imaging engineer, Mark Levoy had left.

We all know that one of the Pixel's primary selling points is in it's class leading image/HDR processing although they have been surpassed/evenly matched by competition. With Mark gone, it has gone unannounced by Google since his departure in early May who is his successor or there isn't.

That aside, i do look forward to how Google will reposition the Pixel 5 as a phone made more accessible to others owing to it's speculated mid range price of USD700 instead of the of the usual USD799 (limited to price alone. Not Global availability). I believe the Pixel 5 will potentially revisit the basics and set them right - battery life being one of them which will benefit from the Snapdragon 765/768G mid range processor.

We'll see what happens this coming October thanks to the unavoidable leaks!

ijuanp03
post Jun 4 2020, 04:35 AM

Regular
1,039 posts

Theres nothing to improve about the image quality. They just need to add a super wide angle lens and include more features with their camera software.

I'm more concerned on the battery life so I hope the next Pixel phone will at least carry 4000mah just like the regular S20.
Say.what5
post Jun 6 2020, 11:20 PM

31 posts

its true. i'm using pixel4 here. i actually sold my iPhone 11 Pro and swap to this.

got bored of iOS (been using since iPhone 7 > 8 > X, XS > 11 Pro)

love how the new android is so so much more functional.

however, buying the accessories (case, tempered glass, etc.) is a pain in the ass.

i'm looking to start like a small business cater to only Google (or in specific - pixel users). its not like those lazada/shopee selling those ringke/cheap tpu case.

I'm in the advertising industry and know quite a bit about how online business works.

I've got the skeleton ready but would like a business partner.

PM me if anyone's interested.
coolman82
post Jun 7 2020, 08:03 PM

Regular
1,477 posts

Google Store SG is having promotion for Pixel 4 XL now, price is cheaper than Pixel 4

user posted image

54 Pages « < 35 36 37 38 39 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0266sec    0.53    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:12 PM