Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Gaming Temperatures for CPU, GPU, in tropical country

views

TSmiyakochan89
post May 25 2019, 01:52 PM, updated 5y ago

Wut?
6,615 posts

Hey all. I am a noob when it comes to PC Cooling. Would like to check what is the average temperature for CPU & GPU during gaming sessions especially in a tropical country, no air conditioning, just fan in the environment. Most answers i see from the internet are from cooler countries, where their ambient temperatures are already lower.

Should i be worried if it gets up to 70 degrees?
I am using Ryzen 5 2600 and Zotac GTX 2060.

This post has been edited by miyakochan89: May 25 2019, 01:52 PM
arowana33
post May 25 2019, 02:05 PM

Getting Started
204 posts

Should be ok.
BelaCHAN
post May 25 2019, 02:05 PM

On my way
550 posts

Haha, this is a hard one;

Anyway, 73 degC on GPU and 75 degC on CPU
(temp stabilizes after 30min, longest session i game is about 3 hours, then RAM will overflow and i have to restart game =D)
(playing final fantasy 15 PC version at 4K reso DLSS, CPU hovering 70% to 100%)

Can check my sig for my PC specs

This post has been edited by BelaCHAN: May 25 2019, 02:09 PM
BelaCHAN
post May 25 2019, 02:06 PM

On my way
550 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ May 25 2019, 01:52 PM)

nope. worry if your GPU / CPU reach 80 deg
abu.shofwan
post May 25 2019, 02:10 PM

Regular
1,455 posts

although, like others have said, that 70 deg C is ok... the cooler the better. if there is anything you can do to help your rig cool a little more, then suggest you do it.

I remember the old times of actually opening my pc casing and blow a fan directly into it... smile.gif

That was the days of AMD Duron rig, mind you... when my GPU had 64mb and my RAM was 32mb
zuozi
post May 25 2019, 02:16 PM

Enthusiast
881 posts

Hey all. I am a noob when it comes to PC Cooling. Would like to check what is the average temperature for CPU & GPU during gaming sessions especially in a tropical country, no air conditioning, just fan in the environment. Most answers i see from the internet are from cooler countries, where their ambient temperatures are already lower.

if everything let it auto nothing to worry since by default cpu and gpu when thermal throttling will entering reduce clock speed which reduce power which mean also reduce in game fps and workload etc

a gpu alone by default can handle 85c but your fan might be ramp up 3k or 3.5k rpm which more noisy
long term for gpu might be not good since different gpu version quality make a different not because component but the soldering point get melted result lose contact etc

cpu as long you use after market like hyper 212 idle usually 38c even your ambient temp around 30c during load 70 or 85% temp can sometimes reaching 60-70c

if you still worry then just use a software riva tuner etc adjust your fan curve like during 75c your gpu fan spin more faster until you satisfied with the temp but everything below 75 to me optimum temperature consider ok

some will advise use all in one water cooling for cpu or custom water cooling for gpu to me not necessary personal
air cool much more easy to maintain , if you not a experience user if bad luck less than a year water pump failure
your cpu keep over heat , and no need wasting money for single fan radiator water cooling basically just waste money
unless you purely for show off that is another story
TSmiyakochan89
post May 25 2019, 02:41 PM

Wut?
6,615 posts

QUOTE(abu.shofwan @ May 25 2019, 02:10 PM)
although, like others have said, that 70 deg C is ok... the cooler the better. if there is anything you can do to help your rig cool a little more, then suggest you do it.

I remember the old times of actually opening my pc casing and blow a fan directly into it... smile.gif

That was the days of AMD Duron rig, mind you... when my GPU had 64mb and my RAM was 32mb
The only thing i can think of is either adding more fans for exhaust. Or changing the case because the intake vents are kinda small. Using Tecware Nexus M.
TSmiyakochan89
post May 25 2019, 08:55 PM

Wut?
6,615 posts

QUOTE(zuozi @ May 25 2019, 02:16 PM)
if everything let it auto nothing to worry since by default cpu and gpu when thermal throttling will entering reduce clock speed which reduce power which mean also reduce in game fps and workload etc

a gpu alone by default can handle 85c but your fan might be ramp up 3k or 3.5k rpm which more noisy
long term for gpu might be not good since different gpu version quality make a different not because component but the soldering point get melted result lose contact etc

cpu as long you use after market like hyper 212 idle usually 38c even your ambient temp around 30c during load 70 or 85% temp can sometimes reaching 60-70c

if you still worry then just use a software riva tuner etc adjust your fan curve like during 75c your gpu fan spin more faster until you satisfied with the temp but everything below 75 to me optimum temperature consider ok

some will advise use all in one water cooling for cpu or custom water cooling for gpu to me not necessary personal
air cool much more easy to maintain , if you not a experience user if bad luck less than a year water pump failure
your cpu keep over heat , and no need wasting money for single fan radiator water cooling basically just waste money
unless you purely for show off that is another story
Oh no, i don't think i will ever do water cooling cause that's overly expensive and like you said, unless experienced, it's very difficult to maintain it.
piscesguy
post May 26 2019, 07:06 AM

私の名前はりゅうです
3,940 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ May 25 2019, 02:41 PM)
The only thing i can think of is either adding more fans for exhaust. Or changing the case because the intake vents are kinda small. Using Tecware Nexus M.
Add 2 more exhaust fans on top will help to cool down the temp. Use at least 2000 above rpm fans if possible.

Under heavy load, optimal CPU temp should be less than 70c and GPU should below 80c.

Under light load, CPU should be 38c to 40c and GPU should be around 41c to 44c.

In order to achieve this, your case fan should be spinning around 1300 rpm to 1600 rpm on average.
The CPU fan should be spinning around 1350 rpm to maintain this.

Tecware Nexus M max default fan speed is around 1300 rpm, if u use molex connections means they are spinning full speed at all times. The good thing is, it is relatively a quiet fan at such speed.
INGfusion
post Jun 4 2019, 12:59 PM

LOL
6,947 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ May 25 2019, 08:55 PM)
Oh no, i don't think i will ever do water cooling cause that's overly expensive and like you said, unless experienced, it's very difficult to maintain it.
water cooling + soft tube can save your wallet
caloyness
post Jun 4 2019, 01:18 PM

Getting Started
264 posts

still on a good margin, should be no problem.
mine is 45c CPU / 70c GPU on max load.

Buge
post Jun 9 2019, 09:41 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

You should be a little worry cause while this temperatures are still ok they show that you are constantly under very high load on both GPU and CPU, is it true really or something better would be there ? Check your temp more and if it will go higher - check the fans.
sHawTY
post Jun 10 2019, 09:20 AM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,629 posts

70°C is fine if you don't overclock
But as with all CPU & GPU, the cooler they run, the longer they will last

If you are not experienced, don't have to go for full fledged water cooling, just go for AIO
And yes, there are AIOs for GPU too
TSmiyakochan89
post Jun 10 2019, 09:32 AM

Wut?
6,615 posts

I have been monitoring. So far the average degrees I get is about 50-65 degrees. Which is not bad I reckon.
SUSlife5tyle
post Mar 8 2021, 04:57 PM

Getting Started
277 posts

Heatsink with fan only? GPU definitely hotter than CPU.

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ May 25 2019, 08:55 PM)
AIO water-cooling solution is basically cheap nowadays. Every 4~5 years you need to change it. Average RM650 / 5 years = RM0.36 per day. Provide most stable and cooler to CPU temperature.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0129sec    0.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:18 PM