Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Investment Fei Fei Crab crowdfunding/investment

views

SUSyklooi
post May 28 2019, 10:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,188 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ May 28 2019, 09:32 AM)
Yup i was curious too whether they have license or not.
But its been going on for quite some time already, im surprise not many ppl knows about it.
Oh btw they are crowdfunding thru this company https://www.crowdplus.asia/
hmm.gif maybe because it is still not yet live....

clicked on that link....after clicked on "Interested"...there is a pop up window that said it is still not live....
SUSyklooi
post May 28 2019, 10:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,188 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ May 28 2019, 10:39 AM)
I was wondering that too. but Fei Fei Crab has been inviting investors to their shop to hear their proposal
waiting for approval or gauging the initial responses?
SUSyklooi
post Jun 22 2019, 10:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,188 posts

QUOTE(Jordy @ Jun 22 2019, 10:12 AM)
Caveat emptor:

wow....nice research you got there.
Thanks.... thumbup.gif thumbsup.gif
notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
SUSyklooi
post Jun 25 2019, 05:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,188 posts

QUOTE(ikanbilis @ Jun 25 2019, 03:22 PM)
You are right. Today i got an whatsapp message from FFC that they will be launching FFC2 with another 2 outlets. I believe eventually all their outlets would funded this way.

By the way i check their funding for FFC1 is above 60% now. Seems like a lot of people have confidence in this fund raising by FFC.
hmm.gif what is the estimated fund need per outlet?
500K?
if 60% of 500k then about 300K

min 3k per person thus about 100 investors already....
(1 outlet 10 workers thus 10 outlets would be 100 investors already)

This post has been edited by yklooi: Jun 25 2019, 06:00 PM
SUSyklooi
post Jun 25 2020, 10:30 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,188 posts

If I having a successful bisiness called Tin Tin.. I would set up another sdn bhd Tin Tin Fat to act as for Tin Tin...
Tin Tin Fat would seek loan from others... If Tin Tin Fat default... Tin Tin can still operate as normal.
SUSyklooi
post Sep 2 2020, 12:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,188 posts

QUOTE(ikanbilis @ Sep 2 2020, 12:08 AM)
Announcement of Ceasing Business and Operation

Dear Valued Customers, Members and Supporters,
Thank for the latest info...
Would appreciate if you could provide the link to that source of that announcement...
Thks
SUSyklooi
post Sep 8 2020, 10:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,188 posts

QUOTE(RicoT @ Sep 8 2020, 09:48 AM)
If I am not mistaken, just by stating they "owe no legal resposibility to Investors" doesn't automatically exempt them from being sued for negligence, have to check Capital Markets and Services Act 2007 (“CMSA”) and the Guidelines on Regulation of Markets under Section 34 of CMSA issued by SC (“SC Guidelines”). Those kena already, get your lawyer to see if they can help legally.
on this "f I am not mistaken, just by stating they "owe no legal resposibility to Investors" doesn't automatically exempt them from being sued for negligence,"...
how to proof negligent?
can a unit trust fund house be sued when 1 losses money in unit trust investment then sue the fund house/manager for negligent or incompetence?

on this, "have to check Capital Markets and Services Act 2007 (“CMSA”) and the Guidelines on Regulation of Markets under Section 34 of CMSA issued by SC (“SC Guidelines”)."
according to this article,....

The Case for Financial Reporting for Equity Crowdfunding in Malaysia
Malaysia introduced a regulatory framework to facilitate equity crowdfunding in 2015 and another for P2P financing in 2016.
At the time of writing, there are minimal rules and regulations on financial reporting for alternative funding i.e. non-equity crowdfunding, ECF and P2P financing in Malaysia.

Most of the regulations pertaining to alternative funding lie in the Guidelines on Recognized Markets issued by the Securities Commission of Malaysia (SC) in 2015 and revised in 2016.
The Guidelines on Recognized Markets focuses mostly on the financial reporting aspects of the set-up of the Recognized Market Operator (RMO) and reporting to SC. Paragraph 1.03 of the Guidelines makes it clear that all RMOs must be a body corporate or a limited liability partnership (LLP).

This brings all RMOs to be either under the Companies Act 2016 or the Limited Liability Partnerships Act 2012.
Unlike practices overseas, societies or non-profit organisations per se, like many promoted on Kickstart, are not permitted to become RMOs.
The only way non-profit organisations can become RMOs is for those organisations to be registered either as companies or as LLPs.

Paragraph 7.01 requires all RMOs to submit their latest audited financial statements within three months after the close of each financial year to the SC and similar filings must be made at the CCM as required by the Companies
Act 2016 or the Limited Liability Partnerships Act 2012.

However, since the RMOs are not public companies, the audited financial statements of the RMOs are not published to the public.
Current listing requirements require public listed companies to publish regular reports (as regular as quarterly) to their shareholders so that shareholders are made aware of the financial performance of their investment.
Regulators require unit trust companies to publish their results to their trust holders.
ECF works in a way similar to unit trusts. Unit holders provide small amounts of funds to unit trust companies to invest in various companies or businesses, while crowdfunding collects small amounts of capital from many backers. RMOs are not subject to such rigorous reporting requirements unlike unit trust companies.
RMOs are not obliged to publish their financial results to their backers since the backers are in the legal sense not shareholders of the business.
Backers would have to go to the CCM to purchase a copy of the audited accounts if they want information about the financial results of their RMO.

Is the financial information available at the CCM useful for the backers for decision making – if they decide to spend money to retrieve the information? It is not thought so.

The Companies Act 2016 requires an RMO file the financial report of the whole enterprise and not different projects crowdfunded in that particular RMO.
There are gaps in company law pertaining to the ownership of an ECF.
The Guidelines on Recognised Markets make it a requirement that information on the promoters of the ECF must be provided to SC during the process of registration.
A similar procedure is applied to traditional companies when those companies plan to place an Initial Public Offer (IPO) on Bursa Malaysia.

However there is not much clarity regarding the ownership of an ECF.
Are backers shareholders of the ECF?
Investopedia mentions that “backers receive equity shares of the company”.
The Companies Act 2016 is silent on this.

In traditional companies including those over-the-counter or private companies, successful applicants to a new company are allotted shares by the promoters and upon the payment of the allotted share capital, the applicant will become a shareholder.
Shareholders are then owners of the company.

The legal statuses of ECF backers are currently unclear in company law.
Backers should be allotted shares in the entity and backers should be able to participate in General and Extraordinary Meetings of the ECF.
ECFs should be managed like any company with a proper Board of Directors, independent directors and a capable Audit Committee for better governance.

https://mfpc.org.my/wp-content/uploads/2019...rowdfunding.pdf

Those kena already, get your lawyer to see if they can help legally.
thumbsup.gif that is a good advice....
but if the invested money is not much,...just forget about it for the cost of that legal fees incurred may be more than the sum "lost" and also do the due diligent in getting a lawyer too because there maybe some taking the opportunity to "scam" the victims again....like previously read Geneva victims paying for legal fees to try to get back the money...

This post has been edited by yklooi: Sep 8 2020, 12:44 PM
SUSyklooi
post Sep 10 2020, 02:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,188 posts

QUOTE(Liew2 @ Sep 10 2020, 02:46 AM)
Well you are right in your explanations, are you from the Securities Commission?  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif but definitely Crowdplus Asia have breach the SC regulations because a company who is newly formed and do not have any audited financial account can not raise more than RM 500.000, what I can see from the website they have raised more than RM 1 mil per campaign and the companies FFC just formed few months before they raise the funds.
So it's still possible to go legally after Crowdplus or complain to SC ....No Mercy
Read the article in post 113?
The failure rate is more than 90%
The investors willing surrender their money into an investment that has high mortality rate so as to try to earn a possibility of higher returns.
Did they promise can make a return?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0158sec    0.31    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:17 PM