Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Worth to work for startup with no option and no bo

views

TSzzstormriderzz
post May 24 2019, 02:43 PM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
119 posts

Hello, would like to ask whether is it worth to work for startup with no option and no bonus?What u guys think?

jackal1950
post May 24 2019, 02:53 PM

On my way
568 posts

If you planned to have your own startup in the future then joining a startup is a good way to learn and make mistake along the way.

If you planned to climb the corporate ladder then joining a startup company might not be the right choice.
devil_x
post May 24 2019, 03:05 PM

Casual
483 posts

that depends, are you part of the pioneer team? will u get the piece of the pie when the company get stable or hit the big break? how promising is company's prospect? you join to be the pioneer bunch or you join so you can do everything and learn everything?
TSzzstormriderzz
post May 24 2019, 03:20 PM

Getting Started
119 posts

QUOTE(devil_x @ May 24 2019, 04:05 PM)
that depends, are you part of the pioneer team?  will u get the piece of the pie when the company get stable or hit the big break? how promising is company's prospect? you join to be the pioneer bunch or you join so you can do everything and learn everything?
I have no info on this as of now but based on the offer given, no stock option is given (It's given to core ppl who join early) so I assume I wont share the pie when it hits big.
devil_x
post May 24 2019, 03:34 PM

Casual
483 posts

QUOTE(zzstormriderzz @ May 24 2019, 03:20 PM)
I have no info on this as of now but based on the offer given, no stock option is given (It's given to core ppl who join early) so I assume I wont share the pie when it hits big.
if no perks whatsoever, not even a pioneer group, then no point to join a startup. better off joining a more established company, learn skills build connection get good salary, until you want to have your own startup/business.
watchesss
post May 24 2019, 03:47 PM

28 posts

If you think you an important part and valuable then join if not a bigger company is better. The startup cannot pay more at the beginning time.

But at startup provide u a bigger chance if they can grow up and stable. My current company the founders' team don't have a salary.
tomato people
post May 24 2019, 03:51 PM

Tomato fan
1,612 posts

Not so good if you have a lot of commitment..

Cannot do part time?

nexona88
post May 24 2019, 04:38 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,801 posts

then no use.
unless u really desperate.. then join for the experiences..
later jump to better organizations which give better perks & offers
Lysentrix
post May 24 2019, 08:56 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

Wise of you, TS. 90% of the time when founders tell you that you could stand to strike it rich when the company goes public, bla bla...it's all lies. BTW, many startups out there are running on investors' money and not making any revenue of their own. So don't expect them to turn a profit anytime soon. It's simply not a good bet.

So if you want to join a startup, do it because you believe you can learn something useful there during your tenure. Never go into it for the money or you'll be disappointed.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0123sec    0.42    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:45 PM