Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

high frequency static sound coming from speaker?, What's this?

views

TSmiyakochan89
post May 22 2019, 01:09 PM, updated 5y ago

Wut?
6,615 posts

Hi guys, I have problem with one of my speakers.
it has a static sound, high frequency emitting from it. It's not very obvious, almost undetectable but annoyingly there. Like if you play a song over it, you might not be able to hear it. But my ear is able to detect it and it's giving me headache sometimes, why is it ah? Is it spoiled? My speaker is connected to my PC.
kevinlim001
post May 22 2019, 01:11 PM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

try to pull out the speaker cable and connect to your phone and see if the sound still persist.. need to isolate if the problem is with the sound card or speaker.

sometime changing a cable would be helpful also
noobandroid
post May 22 2019, 01:12 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,836 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ May 22 2019, 01:09 PM)
it has a static sound, high frequency emitting from it. It's not very obvious, almost undetectable but annoyingly there. Like if you play a song over it, you might not be able to hear it. But my ear is able to detect it and it's giving me headache sometimes, why is it ah? Is it spoiled? My speaker is connected to my PC.
its a grounding issue, try another dac and not use onboard sound card

or if u had no option get a ground loop isolator, much cheaper than a dac
Zot
post May 22 2019, 01:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
7,592 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ May 22 2019, 01:09 PM)
Maybe the PC is the source? Have you tried your speaker from other source?
TSmiyakochan89
post May 22 2019, 01:59 PM

Wut?
6,615 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ May 22 2019, 01:11 PM)
try to pull out the speaker cable and connect to your phone and see if the sound still persist.. need to isolate if the problem is with the sound card or speaker.

sometime changing a cable would be helpful also
QUOTE(Zot @ May 22 2019, 01:13 PM)
Maybe the PC is the source? Have you tried your speaker from other source?
I am now connecting it to my phone and the sound seems to disappear. If it's the sound card problem, what should I do? What can i do?

QUOTE(noobandroid @ May 22 2019, 01:12 PM)
its a grounding issue, try another dac and not use onboard sound card

or if u had no option get a ground loop isolator, much cheaper than a dac
I have no idea what you are talking about at all.

Edit:
1. Now I put it back to the PC and twist the cable a bit, so far no sound.
2. It returns after a while, don't know what to do. I wouldn't have cared in the first place but i do feel like it's giving me a headache somehow.

This post has been edited by miyakochan89: May 22 2019, 02:19 PM
kevinlim001
post May 22 2019, 02:31 PM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ May 22 2019, 01:59 PM)
I am now connecting it to my phone and the sound seems to disappear. If it's the sound card problem, what should I do? What can i do?
I have no idea what you are talking about at all.

Edit:
1. Now I put it back to the PC and twist the cable a bit, so far no sound.
2. It returns after a while, don't know what to do. I wouldn't have cared in the first place but i do feel like it's giving me a headache somehow.
can try to replace the cable and see.. if your speaker using this kind of cable both end then u can buy and replace easily.

user posted image
Cable above can be purchase from Mr. DIY, Senheng, computer shop.

if u dont know what kind of cable ur speaker is using you can share the speaker model.
TSmiyakochan89
post May 22 2019, 02:49 PM

Wut?
6,615 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ May 22 2019, 02:31 PM)
can try to replace the cable and see.. if your speaker using this kind of cable both end then u can buy and replace easily.

user posted image
Cable above can be purchase from Mr. DIY, Senheng, computer shop.
if u dont know what kind of cable ur speaker is using you can share the speaker model.
My cable is the one with red and white. And then that normal audio thing that connects to the PC.

I suspect it's the speaker, cause it always comes from that speaker, the other one works just fine. And that sound only stops when I disconnected that speaker entirely. Like removed all its cables from the woofer and power then of course no more that high frequency static.

Oh and another thing, even if I I disconnected it from the PC, that particular speaker also still emits it. Not sure. But I don't have any other speaker to test. Haha. Maybe a RM30 speakers would have worked better than this. Lol.

This post has been edited by miyakochan89: May 22 2019, 02:54 PM
kevinlim001
post May 22 2019, 03:38 PM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ May 22 2019, 02:49 PM)
My cable is the one with red and white. And then that normal audio thing that connects to the PC.

I suspect it's the speaker, cause it always comes from that speaker, the other one works just fine. And that sound only stops when I disconnected that speaker entirely. Like removed all its cables from the woofer and power then of course no more that high frequency static.

Oh and another thing, even if I I disconnected it from the PC, that particular speaker also still emits it. Not sure. But I don't have any other speaker to test. Haha. Maybe a RM30 speakers would have worked better than this. Lol.
try to unplug ur red and white and swap the two (white into red, red into white). see if the noise still comes from the same speaker.

This post has been edited by kevinlim001: May 22 2019, 03:39 PM
ClieOS
post May 22 2019, 06:25 PM

In-Ear Addict
1,097 posts

If your speaker are self-powered / active (*meaning it has an wall adapter) and it is plug very close to the PC's power plug, unplug it and move it to another location (preferably somewhere with no other electronics close by) and plug it in again to see if the static goes away.
TSmiyakochan89
post May 22 2019, 08:31 PM

Wut?
6,615 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ May 22 2019, 03:38 PM)
try to unplug ur red and white and swap the two (white into red, red into white). see if the noise still comes from the same speaker.
QUOTE(ClieOS @ May 22 2019, 06:25 PM)
If your speaker are self-powered / active (*meaning it has an wall adapter) and it is plug very close to the PC's power plug, unplug it and move it to another location (preferably somewhere with no other electronics close by) and plug it in again to see if the static goes away.
I got piss off and put on another speaker from my family. So far I haven't heard any funny noises.
I guess it's the speaker? Regardless I am happy that the noise is no longer present. Haha! biggrin.gif
kevinlim001
post May 23 2019, 09:38 AM

Ethical Hacker
6,118 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ May 22 2019, 08:31 PM)
I got piss off and put on another speaker from my family. So far I haven't heard any funny noises.
I guess it's the speaker? Regardless I am happy that the noise is no longer present. Haha!  biggrin.gif
its a waste if its cable fault as ur speaker comes with woofer and it doesnt comes cheaper. Anyway, enjoy the music whistling.gif
TSmiyakochan89
post May 23 2019, 11:14 AM

Wut?
6,615 posts

QUOTE(kevinlim001 @ May 23 2019, 09:38 AM)
its a waste if its cable fault as ur speaker comes with woofer and it doesnt comes cheaper. Anyway, enjoy the musicĀ  whistling.gif
Yeah it will be but I'm too tired and annoyed to find out. Haha
The other thing that I'm afraid of is the sound card, we will see how it goes.

This post has been edited by miyakochan89: May 23 2019, 11:15 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.54    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:27 PM