Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How to be a multi-talent designer / programmer, Any course? books? online tutorials?

views

TSadam_lew85
post May 21 2019, 01:45 PM, updated 5y ago

Enthusiast
755 posts

Hi all... recently i found this website and it's so nice to be a multi-talent designer / programmer like him? Seems like he knows everything from design to programming, even 3D design.

I would like to know is there any university or college offers these kinds of multi subjects in 1 course? Or do you guys have any ideas willing to share how can I learn different major subjects in shortest time? Any books to recommend or any website? Thanks for helping me ya!
se7en8ight
post May 22 2019, 03:37 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

Hi there!

I'm currently working as a multimedia designer and I do all these (except for programming).

What you would want to go for is a course in multimedia design. Usually this type of course will touch briefly on all mentioned : Graphic design, game art and development, app/ web design / programming, audio video, and animation.

You can learn this via cert / diploma /degree course (MMU/ Saito for example)or if you want a much shorter way, short courses (learning centers or online courses like Udemy / Sifoo Art / Youtube) are good enough to get you familiarize with all these field. But keep in mind that it all depends on how much time you are willing to spend on each subject to master it.
Cardamon P
post May 22 2019, 10:31 PM

Probation
16 posts

QUOTE(adam_lew85 @ May 21 2019, 01:45 PM)
Hi all... recently i found this website and it's so nice to be a multi-talent designer / programmer like him? Seems like he knows everything from design to programming, even 3D design.

I would like to know is there any university or college offers these kinds of multi subjects in 1 course? Or do you guys have any ideas willing to share how can I learn different major subjects in shortest time? Any books to recommend or any website? Thanks for helping me ya!
Hello, Here some suggestion. If you want to be multi-talent designer. You can continue study for diploma/degree Art and Designs course Graphic Design and Multimedia.. Graphic Design learn many things related to design.. but designer didn't learn programming. Need to learn by yourself..

Usually programmer they take course Data Science or Computer Science(either both because i forget which one). They also learn basic software AI and PS.. But to become programmer develop for website you can learn at code academy or click this link to find out https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/250323. Try learn this first front end basic knowledge html,css and javascript.

I can't guarantee if you can learn this in short way.. Even i also take time to make sure im familiar with code, as long you keep practices.

If you want to be self-taught but still new and want to step in design field. I suggest try to focus one what you need most to learn.

Some advise friend, before you start make sure you have Goal and passion in what you gonna do. If not you will only stop half way. There is no elevator to success you need to take stairs.

Ganbatte kudashai thumbsup.gif
Rachel Stinson P
post May 31 2019, 03:35 PM

Probation
17 posts

QUOTE(adam_lew85 @ May 21 2019, 01:45 PM)

Hi,

You really need to put in time and effort to master a skill be its programming, designing or any other.

1)Do register for general computer science course in a reputed university.It covers chunks and basics of all of what you are demanding.

2)First get some basic knowledge and expertise and then step by step choose a skill and practice it.

3)You could practice a specific skill either programming or design using internet.There are many good platforms online that can really help you ,
e.g; W3 schools
,codeacademy
,coursera
,udemy etc

4) You can register for short courses for graphic designing etc.

5)Keep on practicing as practice makes a man perfect.

6) Do participate in and contribute to open source platforms.

I hope these suggestions prove to be helpful to you.

Good luck smile.gif
ihillside P
post Jun 4 2019, 02:47 PM

Probation
11 posts

In fact, there are a lot of library materials in many universities, enough for you to learn a lot.
The Bored Guy P
post Jun 10 2019, 04:18 PM

Probation
6 posts

Why don't you try Udemy courses, It's very effective. The good thing is that there is a money back guarantee if you didn't like the course,

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0134sec    0.14    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:10 AM