My experience on riding MRT Jakarta
After long wait, Jakarta has its own metro. Recently, I got the chance to take the metro.
Note : Photos were taken in various stations, therefore it is intended to be overall review rather than based on any particular stations. I have been to Bundaran HI, Dukuh Atas, Senayan and ASEAN stations.
Station concourse, finishing is basic, but functional / utilitarian
Gates, just like in Japan. Currently only single-trip ticket is available, although it is possible to use contactless stored value cards issued by individual banks to pay as well. However, the reaction time is a bit slow at 3 seconds each tap.
Signage looks simple but classy in my opinion, dark blue background with white text, is really classy
Underground platform (Dukuh Atas station)
Elevated station platform (ASEAN station)
Onboard the train, just like in Japan, when it comes to the interior, as well as the door opening and closing chimes.
LED destination screen is small, but sufficient.
Shops along the line, many are still being in the process of being opened. Surprisingly, there is fast-food (not just kiosk) in ASEAN station, that is A&W. There is also upcoming Daiso store in Dukuh Atas station.
- First MRT in Indonesia, generally the experience is good.
- Station staffs are very helpful
- Toilet is relatively clean
- Signages are easy to read, also sometimes they need more maps, especially station vicinity map when from what I see, only available in non-fare paid area (public) and the entrance
- Need more ticket vending machines
- Finally, the more important thing that they need to improve is mobile phone signal reception in the underground section. Telkomsel signal can be received here, but not XL (the other telco in Indonesia).
Overall, a welcome relief in Jakarta commuting, although it is a short MRT line for now compared to ours, but it is significant as now there is better way to commuter towards south Jakarta. I think the upcoming phase 2 of the line would be really useful in the future.
Jakarta MRT : My experience