Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Arsenal Street Talk | Season 2019/20, ARS 1-3 LIV | Unai Experimenting Again

views

teikboon
post Aug 26 2019, 05:50 PM

Regular
1,384 posts

QUOTE(sigheart @ Aug 26 2019, 04:36 PM)
Typical Arsenal fans, just one good game all pancut awal and expect miracles. Then one bad game and its sack the whole squad.  laugh.gif

I remember after the Burnley game:

1. People hailing Ceballos as the next Santi/Cesc and after just one bad game, calling him a big game flop.
2. How people were slating Pepe as a player who "doesn't look like a 72 mill player" after Burnley and suddenly after the Liverpool game he is the next best thing since sliced bread.

Hahaha what next? In before Ozil comes back and plays one good game against a shitty team or a team of farmers in the Europa League and all of a sudden he is the world's best playmaker again?  rclxms.gif

Tbh I don't think it was a bad performance at all. I've said before the game realistically we aren't at the level of beating Liverpool at Anfield just yet and we just have to accept that they and City are playing on a different planet right now. The important thing on the night for me was the performance and, whilst there were some negatives of course, there were also many encouraging signs despite the result.

I actually disagree with many about Unai's tactics, I felt it was the right way to play against a more superior side and if we had tried to match Liverpool at their own game I'm convinced we would've been battered and raped till kingdom come. However what I do agree on with most is that Unai was a little overzealous with his lineup, gambling and putting too much faith on the likes of Guendouzi and Willock. They showed glimpses but on the whole were dominated and forced on the back foot for most parts of the game. Would always have gone for experience and fighters like Laca and Torreira in these sort of games everyday of the week. I would also argue Mkhi would've been a better option as well.

Either way despite the defeat I am feeling confident about facing Spurs next and our top 4 prospects for the season.

It's been quite awhile since we can draw any positives whatsoever from a defeat. And hey at least we have one of our two toughest fixtures for the season out of the way with Man U and Spurs dropping points at home in fixtures they picked up a point or three last year.
thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
WhyYouSoSerious
post Aug 26 2019, 08:10 PM

bruised banana
500 posts

can someone please brief me again what punai wants in the first half and did he achieved his plan?

second half whn our defenders self-destruct did he try prevent things from getting too out of hand?
the answer is obviously NO!!! he let the game getting worse instead.
and it was too late whn the rescue subs came in, the match already over.
tkh_1001
post Aug 26 2019, 09:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,547 posts

We played deep from the back though u can clearly see we are not able to get out from liverpool pressing. Playing deep leaves no gap at the back for mane salah to exploit. After 15 minute u can see mane and salah very frustrated.

Then we almost took the lead thru auba and pepe because we sat back and drew liverpool into our half. Liverpool will press all the way anyways. Then the corner happens.

We knew we were no match at the kop. So we played it safe and tactically. Or we can try to play with best 11 though..
SUSEnterYourName
post Aug 26 2019, 09:37 PM

Getting Started
186 posts

QUOTE(L.Torreira @ Aug 26 2019, 09:46 AM)
I want wenger resigning in this end of the year
QUOTE(L.Torreira @ Aug 26 2019, 09:46 AM)
QUOTE(L.Torreira @ Aug 26 2019, 09:50 AM)
rindu zaman wenger
al_madd
post Aug 26 2019, 09:47 PM

Regular
1,359 posts

Liverpool level too high for arsenal..

Unai must polish up arsenal team...

Defend looks sluggish..
Midfield is mediacore...

jam_lennon
post Aug 27 2019, 12:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,155 posts

QUOTE(EnterYourName @ Aug 26 2019, 09:37 PM)
rindu zaman wenger
rindu Casanova
overmars
post Aug 27 2019, 01:23 PM

Getting Started
207 posts

QUOTE(tkh_1001 @ Aug 26 2019, 09:01 PM)
We played deep from the back though u can clearly see we are not able to get out from liverpool pressing. Playing deep leaves no gap at the back for mane salah to exploit. After 15 minute u can see mane and salah very frustrated.

Then we almost took the lead thru auba and pepe because we sat back and drew liverpool into our half. Liverpool will press all the way anyways. Then the corner happens.

We knew we were no match at the kop. So we played it safe and tactically. Or we can try to play with best 11 though..
Yup, agree with you bro. Thought we were decent until the first goal. That's quite a bit of improvement from last year. Alas, our gap is still big. They cant score against us from open play, set piece will be their Plan B, just like most top teams do.

If only we can improve on our set pieces, who knows, we may just get lucky in games like this. Get the 1st goal, and the goal floodgates will be wide open.
WhyYouSoSerious
post Aug 27 2019, 06:50 PM

bruised banana
500 posts

I see, so punai was setting up a trap to caught liverpool players, while auba/pepe play counter attack by forcing breath through a small hole.
whether the trap installed correctly or not.. everyone has their own perspective. i don't one to judge.

IMO Pepe have to forced himself to bypass 3-4 liverpool players just proved how good he is, potential super star in making. biggrin.gif

ocz
post Aug 27 2019, 07:50 PM

Cinematographer
2,827 posts

QUOTE(jam_lennon @ Aug 27 2019, 12:44 AM)
rindu Casanova
Dah hampir 100 hari arwah
Meis
post Aug 28 2019, 02:13 AM

Thinker & Real Patriot
2,606 posts

SUSTheRant
post Aug 28 2019, 09:49 PM

On my way
688 posts

The announcement that mustafi, monreal, eleaney that they can leave is a bad on though
Meis
post Aug 29 2019, 06:47 PM

Thinker & Real Patriot
2,606 posts

^ not really

I want Monreal to stay but his contract is ending soon so...
max_cavalera
post Aug 29 2019, 07:24 PM

rebirth
5,406 posts

QUOTE(Meis @ Aug 29 2019, 07:47 PM)
^ not really

I want Monreal to stay but his contract is ending soon so...
Why arsenal no offer contract extension?? ohmy.gif

Is Koalasinac ready to be no 1?
Walaoeh!
post Aug 29 2019, 09:26 PM

Casual
304 posts

QUOTE(max_cavalera @ Aug 29 2019, 07:24 PM)
Why arsenal no offer contract extension?? ohmy.gif

Is Koalasinac ready to be no 1?
U expect Tierney to be no.2?
max_cavalera
post Aug 29 2019, 09:33 PM

rebirth
5,406 posts

QUOTE(Walaoeh! @ Aug 29 2019, 10:26 PM)
U expect Tierney to be no.2?
He look so young...kola sure upset later...
Meis
post Aug 30 2019, 02:57 AM

Thinker & Real Patriot
2,606 posts

QUOTE(max_cavalera @ Aug 29 2019, 09:33 PM)
He look so young...kola sure upset later...
There are 4 competitions for them to play. They all will take their turns and swap around.

By the end of the season, they will get thousands of minutes to play.
L.Torreira
post Aug 30 2019, 07:23 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(WhyYouSoSerious @ Aug 27 2019, 06:50 PM)
I see, so punai was setting up a trap to caught liverpool players, while auba/pepe play counter attack by forcing breath through a small hole.
whether the trap installed correctly or not.. everyone has their own perspective. i don't one to judge.

IMO Pepe have to forced himself to bypass 3-4 liverpool players just proved how good he is, potential super star in making.  biggrin.gif
counter attack but played gendouzi and xhaka concurrently kek..
they are slow as snail
buffstream P
post Aug 30 2019, 07:51 AM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(heavenhell90 @ Aug 24 2019, 11:54 PM)
haha, which site do u get your stream links usually?
https://www.buffstream.site
Meis
post Aug 30 2019, 02:18 PM

Thinker & Real Patriot
2,606 posts

QUOTE(L.Torreira @ Aug 30 2019, 07:23 AM)
counter attack but played gendouzi and xhaka concurrently kek..
they are slow as snail
Xhaka, one of his utilities is passing
Walaoeh!
post Aug 30 2019, 02:34 PM

Casual
304 posts

QUOTE(Meis @ Aug 30 2019, 02:18 PM)
Xhaka, one of his utilities is passing
His passing is good, but awareness need improvement.
Many times i see him receive the ball first then only see where to pass. Against high pressing team then he will either lose the ball or make side way safe passes.

Look at Torreira or Willock, their awareness are much better, before receive the ball already know where are his teammates and pocket of spaces, once receive the ball they can one touch pass forward to teammate or dribble the ball into space.

133 Pages « < 75 76 77 78 79 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0300sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:37 PM