Could blame him yeah, but I think without him playing maybe 6 - 0 laugh.gif
Rather him play with Sokratis than Sokratis with Chambers
Haha so fast another chelsea man jump ship after cech laugh.gif

Like London retirement home oooo laugh.gif
Rei7
post Aug 25 2019, 12:31 PM

Multi-platformer
1,312 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Aug 25 2019, 12:16 PM)
Haha so fast another chelsea man jump ship after cech laugh.gif

Like London retirement home oooo laugh.gif
If you watch every Arsenal game the defense is always in shambles.. there is some stability with Luiz around. Not the best, but at 8m, I think it's quite a bargain still. His not a permanent solution anyway. Also Luiz has character and some leadership skills that is lacking in the defensive department.

He has issue I know that rolleyes.gif But I'll take him as temporary solution for now. Not like the other defensive players are doing any better imo.
aiyadude
post Aug 25 2019, 12:50 PM

43 posts

No problem. Expected Liverpool to dominate yesterday game. As long we aim top 4 for CL. Pepe good.
tkh_1001
post Aug 25 2019, 01:36 PM

2,491 posts

Im rather optimistic we can give liverpool a good dent come may

We are not that bad yesterday. We know we are not good enough, and we played it safe and almost got the lead.

Only thing is i hope the players start playing unai's game properly.
s|dE
post Aug 25 2019, 03:11 PM

Out Of My Mind
685 posts

Have to admit Liv is on another level, only Man city is their biggest wall to get the league this season..

I could see a lot of good sign on our new signing Pepe and at the same time I really hate with acik Unai decision to bench Lacazette which is a big player for us.

Midfield trio should be Torreira as our DM. No Torreira and Lacazette in the 1st E is a blasphemy for such a big game. I put a blame on manager this time due to his team tactic and selection.

This post has been edited by s|dE: Aug 25 2019, 03:50 PM
ali_xpdc
post Aug 25 2019, 03:42 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(s|dE @ Aug 25 2019, 03:11 PM)
Have to admit Liv is on another level, only Man city is their biggest wall to get the league this season..

I could see a lot of good sign on our new signing Pepe and at the same time I really hate with acik Unai decision to bench Lacazette which is a big player for us.

Midfield trio should be Torreira as our DM. No Torreira and Lacazette in the 11e is a blasphemy for such a big game. I put a blame on manager this time due to his team tactic and selection.
I heard laca hamstring pull before game. huge risk playing him early.
Hopefully can see full power front 3 next vs sp*rs
toshio14
post Aug 25 2019, 06:12 PM

On my way
694 posts

OK lah tu, season lepas kena 1-5 tanpa lawan, season ni tactic at least spot on 1st half
Meis
post Aug 25 2019, 06:48 PM

Thinker
1,123 posts

QUOTE(s|dE @ Aug 25 2019, 03:11 PM)

Midfield trio should be Torreira as our DM. No Torreira and Lacazette in the 1st E is a blasphemy for such a big game. I put a blame on manager this time due to his team tactic and selection.
QUOTE(ali_xpdc @ Aug 25 2019, 03:42 PM)
I heard laca hamstring pull before game.  huge risk playing him early.
Hopefully can see full power front 3 next vs sp*rs
Of course Arsenal fans thought they know everything.

In Unai We Trust
ohhisee
post Aug 25 2019, 09:49 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

Dont forget we have players that need time to adapt..new team need to bond and using new tactics..punai can use data from this match in team training..COYG!3
Meis
post Aug 25 2019, 11:39 PM

Thinker
1,123 posts

^ no shit

have you seen a team with all new 11 footballers in the XI?
Rei7
post Aug 26 2019, 12:52 AM

Multi-platformer
1,312 posts

AMN also hasn't been doing so well lately.
RO Player
post Aug 26 2019, 02:54 AM

Now I am a Se7eN Star TigeR!
3,946 posts

Spurs lost to bot 3 club... brows.gif
Walaoeh!
post Aug 26 2019, 09:30 AM

Getting Started
245 posts

QUOTE(RO Player @ Aug 26 2019, 02:54 AM)
Spurs lost to bot 3 club... brows.gif
Both MU and spurs kelong at home.
So actually losing to liverpool at anfield is no big deal..
We must ensure not lose to bottom 14 teams at home. Not even draw.

This post has been edited by Walaoeh!: Aug 26 2019, 09:41 AM
L.Torreira
post Aug 26 2019, 09:46 AM

48 posts

I want wenger resigning in this end of the year
L.Torreira
post Aug 26 2019, 09:46 AM

48 posts

L.Torreira
post Aug 26 2019, 09:50 AM

48 posts

aladdin
post Aug 26 2019, 11:33 AM

True Love Never Runs Smooth
4,346 posts

didnt put too much hope on the game. second half was a disaster.
Walaoeh!
post Aug 26 2019, 03:28 PM

Getting Started
245 posts

Ceballos's performance really bad vs liverpool, he make me feel like he will be like ozil, who can never perform in a big game.

Pepe on the other hand actually perform very well vs liverpool, he looks like a big game player.
He missed an one-on-one, but was it poor finishing or he was too ambitious trying to shoot in between GK's legs?
Anyway it was chance that he created himself, if its aubameyang or lacazette got the ball like that in own half, i doubt they can create any chance to shoot.

Willock also played well, consistently perform well against big club, looks like he will start again vs spurs.

This post has been edited by Walaoeh!: Aug 26 2019, 03:30 PM
max_cavalera
post Aug 26 2019, 03:38 PM

the world is so beautiful..
4,669 posts

ok la got chance top 4...just make sure to beat united and they below arsenal
sigheart
post Aug 26 2019, 04:36 PM

Vorsprung durch Technik
1,397 posts

Typical Arsenal fans, just one good game all pancut awal and expect miracles. Then one bad game and its sack the whole squad. laugh.gif

I remember after the Burnley game:

1. People hailing Ceballos as the next Santi/Cesc and after just one bad game, calling him a big game flop.
2. How people were slating Pepe as a player who "doesn't look like a 72 mill player" after Burnley and suddenly after the Liverpool game he is the next best thing since sliced bread.

Hahaha what next? In before Ozil comes back and plays one good game against a shitty team or a team of farmers in the Europa League and all of a sudden he is the world's best playmaker again? rclxms.gif

Tbh I don't think it was a bad performance at all. I've said before the game realistically we aren't at the level of beating Liverpool at Anfield just yet and we just have to accept that they and City are playing on a different planet right now. The important thing on the night for me was the performance and, whilst there were some negatives of course, there were also many encouraging signs despite the result.

I actually disagree with many about Unai's tactics, I felt it was the right way to play against a more superior side and if we had tried to match Liverpool at their own game I'm convinced we would've been battered and raped till kingdom come. However what I do agree on with most is that Unai was a little overzealous with his lineup, gambling and putting too much faith on the likes of Guendouzi and Willock. They showed glimpses but on the whole were dominated and forced on the back foot for most parts of the game. Would always have gone for experience and fighters like Laca and Torreira in these sort of games everyday of the week. I would also argue Mkhi would've been a better option as well.

Either way despite the defeat I am feeling confident about facing Spurs next and our top 4 prospects for the season.

It's been quite awhile since we can draw any positives whatsoever from a defeat. And hey at least we have one of our two toughest fixtures for the season out of the way with Man U and Spurs dropping points at home in fixtures they picked up a point or three last year.

105 Pages « < 74 75 76 77 78 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0803sec    1.08    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th September 2019 - 06:09 AM