Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Arkitek recommendation, arkitek for fire escape plan approve

views

TSlucky8899 P
post May 17 2019, 06:13 PM, updated 5y ago

Probation
5 posts

Hi everyone,

Im going to open the tuition centre very soon. My tuition centre is located in Seremban, Negeri sembilan.
In order for me to apply for the lesen from MPS, I need to install the fire escape stairs at the back of my shoplot.
So, I went to MPS, jabatan kawalan bangunan, I was told that I need to find the arkitek to draw the plan and get the approval from MPS jabatan kawalan bangunan, then I can start hiring the contrator to build the stairs.
However, when I contacted one of the arkitek, I was told that I need to build the stairs first then he will draw the plan to get approval from MPS jabatan kawalan bangunan. Is that true?
I remembered that the staff from the jabatan kawalan bangunan said that I need the plan first then build the stairs otherwise I will be fined for RM500.00.
Also, what if the stairs that I built was not meet the standard requirement by the MPS before the arkitek draw the plan. So, i am so confused and I dont agree with the arkitek.

Does anyone have any advice? or can anyone recommend an arkitek for me?

Thank you very much! smile.gif

apalexar
post May 17 2019, 10:53 PM

apalexar
1,300 posts

Sounds weird, try other architects and see if same answer?
Quang1819
post May 17 2019, 11:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,603 posts

You need to consult Bomba too
Bjorn1688
post May 18 2019, 12:31 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

Easiest way?

Ask the MPS whether they have a list of architects or “pelukis pelan” that you could have and contact one by one.
xtracooljustin
post May 19 2019, 01:57 PM

Joining the 1K Club
1,602 posts

QUOTE(lucky8899 @ May 17 2019, 06:13 PM)
Hi everyone,

Im going to open the tuition centre very soon. My tuition centre is located in Seremban, Negeri sembilan.
In order for me to apply for the lesen from MPS, I need to install the fire escape stairs at the back of my shoplot.
So, I went to MPS, jabatan kawalan bangunan, I was told that I need to find the arkitek to draw the plan and get the approval from MPS jabatan kawalan bangunan, then I can start hiring the contrator to build the stairs.
However, when I contacted one of the arkitek, I was told that I need to build the stairs first then he will draw the plan to get approval from MPS jabatan kawalan bangunan. Is that true?
I remembered that the staff from the jabatan kawalan bangunan said that I need the plan first then build the stairs otherwise I will be fined for RM500.00.
Also, what if the stairs that I built was not meet the standard requirement by the MPS before the arkitek draw the plan. So, i am so confused and I dont agree with the arkitek.

You should report that architect to LAM for giving you false advise.

Under Street Drainage and Building Act, any works deviating the original approved plans require building plan submission before any works can begin.

You can be fined up to 20X the submission fees for commencement of work prior to plan approvals.
zemega
post May 19 2019, 02:07 PM

On my way
698 posts

QUOTE(lucky8899 @ May 17 2019, 06:13 PM)
Hi everyone,

Do as your municipal said. Follows the procedure. And be sure to keep track and keep records of every transaction, every stage and every approval properly.

My father once renovates his house, he follow all the procedure and keep records. Then one day the municpal issue a letter and call to court for illegal renovation. He just shows all the documents and counter sue. I think it was settled out of court. Although it was years ago, it might still be the same now. Of course this is during BN days, and let's not get into politics.

The thing is what the architect suggest is a backdoor way of getting approval, just built it first, then pay the fine for not following the procedure. And that achitect probably knows insider that keep the fine as low as pssible.
xtracooljustin
post May 19 2019, 03:15 PM

Joining the 1K Club
1,602 posts

QUOTE(zemega @ May 19 2019, 02:07 PM)
Do as your municipal said. Follows the procedure. And be sure to keep track and keep records of every transaction, every stage and every approval properly.

My father once renovates his house, he follow all the procedure and keep records. Then one day the municpal issue a letter and call to court for illegal renovation. He just shows all the documents and counter sue. I think it was settled out of court. Although it was years ago, it might still be the same now. Of course this is during BN days, and let's not get into politics.

The thing is what the architect suggest is a backdoor way of getting approval, just built it first, then pay the fine for not following the procedure. And that achitect probably knows insider that keep the fine as low as pssible.
You are still required to submit plans even though you pay fine. Doesnt legalize what you are doing (works differing from the approved plans).

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0164sec    0.30    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:06 PM