Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Matt Reeves's Batman

views

domcobb
post May 23 2019, 11:20 AM

Getting Started
199 posts

Isn’t it interesting, to note just how the mass perceive that whether or not justice is done to a role, lies entirely on the shoulder of the actor; when the truth is, there are many other elements, such as how the character of the role is written (Writer), how much direction is given to the actor who plays the role (Director), how many takes involved, to make allowance for actors to make their performance more organic (Director), and etc, are just as crucial, in ensuring that justice is done to a role, no? hmm.gif

Here’s a successful example.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Here’s a not so successful example.

If the Twilight saga is your only reference point, on Robert Pattinson’s work, then consider checking out his other movies. wink.gif

As for him playing the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman:
If he sucks (pun intended), oh well! shakehead.gif
If he shines (no pun intended), oh whao! notworthy.gif

domcobb
post May 23 2019, 11:46 AM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(gaeria84 @ May 23 2019, 11:22 AM)
Indeed and once again, what makes or breaks a movie is never rested on the shoulder of one contributing paty i.e. director, write, producer, actor, etc.

Here’s a successful example:

Here’s a not so successful example:

Here’s another not so successful example:

Every director, writer, producer, actor and etc, deserve an equal chance to succeed whenever they are on a new project.
Personally, I don’t think the backlash on Robert Pattinson is necessary.
Let’s just see how it goes, as the date draw closer and as trailers are released periodically.

This post has been edited by domcobb: May 23 2019, 12:54 PM
domcobb
post Sep 13 2019, 06:22 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

domcobb
post Mar 5 2022, 03:22 PM

Getting Started
199 posts

“The Batman” in a strange way, is unlike any other Batman movie that I have watched and yet, it is exactly how I wanted a Batman movie to be!

Ever since I learned that this movie follows a detective-like, cat and mouse chase format, which is fitting, considering Batman is the world’s greatest detective, I had always wanted it to emulate movies such as “Se7en” or “Zodiac” … well, more of the former than the latter, for my preference, if I may say so.

I can’t remember when was the last time I’d watched a really good crime / mystery / thriller movie, like “Se7en” and there I was, last night, watching “The Batman”

No spoiler.

The opening scene itself confirmed for me, that I was back on the crime / mystery / thriller ride and what a ride this movie was for me!

Yes, “The Batman” is close to 3 hours of runtime and yet, while I did feel the length of the movie on a subconscious level, never once did I wish that the movie end soon. As a matter of fact, I actually didn’t want it to end, as every scene played out, was interesting on its own way, clueing you in on the world of Gotham and it corruption level, the Riddler’s personal quest and Batman’s pursuit on the matter and the truth.

The more of this world got exposed or revealed, the more invested I became on it, hence, I didn’t want the movie to end. Wishful thinking, I know.

It is interesting to note that though the movie was shot, perhaps 90% of time, in the dark, its action sequences, be it hand to hand combat or car chase scenes, are easily comprehensible! Unlike certain other movies where it is still confusing despite having its action scenes shot in daylight.

I have always enjoyed crime / mystery / thriller movie genre and for the uninitiated, movies of such genre, when it is done right, generally requires time for its momentum to be built upon its ever-escalating situation presented in said movie, thus, leading to characters development, rising up to take on the challenges, and ultimately, paying the price.

“The Batman” is not for everyone; at the very least, I imagine it is not for someone who is expecting a fast-paced, action-packed, movie experience.

“The Batman” is, by far, the most Batman-live-action-Batman-movie, for me and I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed watching it last night.

This post has been edited by domcobb: Mar 5 2022, 09:31 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0159sec    0.52    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:57 PM