Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Matt Reeves's Batman

views

demio121
post Mar 7 2022, 12:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,084 posts

The Batman is a different kinda Batman. Not the worst but to me, its not the best either. The Dark Knight is still my fav Batman.

The problem i have with The Batman is the pace vs. the runtime. i am alright with the direction of the Matt Reeves. early year Batman. Gordon is still not the commissioner yet.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
. The Batman skip the "how bruce become Batman" part (i mean how many time do we need to see this???). all this is new and refreshing. however, almost 3hr of detective and probably the least action of all modern Batman interpretation. that is a bit hard for me to swallow.

what i like about the batman:

2. zoe kravitz as selina kyle.... i mean she just own catwoman
3. the batman stare... a few scene batman stare down the police, its the pandangan maut.
4. this is not the Jim Carrey' Riddler. here, Riddler is intelligent and twisted, like Heath's Joker. always a step ahead of Batman.
5. the chemistry btw Jim Gordon and Batman. not just someone who flip the bat sign spotlight and passing info. Jim and Batman here were in crime scene together going thru clues solving the crime. there is a more meaningful role to Jim Gordon here.

what is which is done better:
1. the pace. 3hrs of detective is kinda a drag for me.

if you expect something along the line of Marvel, this is very very far from that. its not even close to the dark knight trilogy. this is basically a detective story with a superhero. if only they dial up the pace, a little more action.... then the 3hrs is justified.

This post has been edited by demio121: Mar 7 2022, 12:24 PM
TS6so
post Mar 7 2022, 01:21 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

I've been scouring some press junket vids. So 2 HBO shows, "Gotham" focus on Batman Year One timeline and 2nd show is about Arkham. Riddler's cell mate was caught by Batman during year one. A deleted scene will be published near home release about Batman interrogating the cell mate.Should a sequel forthcoming, Matt Reeves want to explore Mr.Freeze.
Shrayder
post Mar 7 2022, 11:54 PM

10 posts

I fell asleep multiple times during the first arc. Also the soundtrack is sooo ungodly bad. But i like the pacing of the story
AmenoJaku
post Mar 8 2022, 08:53 AM

39 posts

I had high hopes. Due to Pattinson mostly, when he was announced as the new Batman. He was superb in Tenet.

But, alas, my wife had to wake me up several times during the movie. That's bad. Main problem is the pacing. Very very draggy. I can't even give a proper review since i slept past many scenes.

IIRC other movies that made me sleep were Star Wars The Last Jedi & Godzilla King of Monsters.
ikram_p
post Mar 8 2022, 10:21 PM

Enthusiast
969 posts

I like the movie so much... For me, its better thn nolan trilogy. Its detective movie, once mystery is solved. No suprise to watch a second time. Unless you want to find details in it.
ikram_p
post Mar 8 2022, 10:21 PM

Enthusiast
969 posts

I like the movie so much... For me, its better thn nolan trilogy. Its detective movie, once mystery is solved. No suprise to watch a second time. Unless you want to find details in it.
damnself
post Mar 8 2022, 10:56 PM

Getting Started
244 posts

So pattison batman is not in the same universe with dceu. So sad 😢
hybr1d3d
post Mar 9 2022, 12:10 AM

Getting Started
101 posts

thanks for the review guys... at my age im easily dooze off in cinema, I'd wait for HBO MAX release next month so I can watch and pause whenever I want

xpole
post Mar 10 2022, 03:42 PM

Rain on me baby
1,359 posts

I've never watched the previous Nolan Batman so I cannot comment on that.

I've watched the latest Batman yesterday and to be honest I enjoyed it so much. The movie feels so solid and I can see the quality for this movie production. It doesn't feel cheap like some Marvel movies

This post has been edited by xpole: Mar 10 2022, 03:48 PM
kitt2000
post Mar 10 2022, 09:36 PM

7 posts

The batsuit looks like Netflix daredevil's costume... especially the cowl part...and I'm not a fan of muscle car batmobile...
kitt2000
post Mar 10 2022, 09:37 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(damnself @ Mar 8 2022, 10:56 PM)
So pattison batman is not in the same universe with dceu. So sad 😢
Yeah phoenix joker also not part of dceu...
kitt2000
post Mar 10 2022, 09:49 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Mar 2 2022, 06:39 PM)
First of all temper your expectations, this is not a crowd pleasing superhero movie. You don't get to see the playboy Bruce Wayne but just a very recluse Batman. He is the shadow that stalks you and still working out his psychological issues. Well Paul Dano's Riddler is one anxiety inducing villain and a capable foil to Batman's righteousness. To a large extent, the action sequences is not the main focus. it's the building up of Riddler terrorizing Gotham city. It's a very dense movie with many moving parts. Don't expect this is a fast paced movie, especially the second act. Catwoman and her chemistry with Batman is very sensual. Then the side characters like Alfred, Gordon, Penguin, and etc...were given enough emphasis to the mystery. At the end, you get to see a pivotal character growth to Pattinson's Batman. This is more like a 70's crime thriller as supposed to modern crash, bang, boom eye candy like MCU. I would believe this movie directed by David Fincher or Darren Aronofsky. So I'm really digging it and there's plenty of room for Pattinson to shape this Batman further as he transition to wearing the Bruce Wayne mask after his psychhological breakthrough. From comic book perspective, it's a pastiche of Batman Ego, The Long Halloween and Batman Year One all roll into one movie.

This movie is the testament why MCU will never get the critical prestige it was hoping to get. The filmmaking craft is something the mouse house can never achieve. This movie also shows you don't have to relegate good actors to just inconsequential secondary roles. Even limited screen presence Peter Sarsgaard and John Turturro able to act and be integral to the overall narrative. Greg Fraser's cinematography is in Roger Deakins level. The score by Michael Giacchino provide something different from the usual Hans Zimmer copycats and it's awesome. Pretty sure this movie will get nominated multiple times during awards season for technical achievements.

At least I didn't fell asleep watching end game.. lol.. can't say the same for this batman.lol...
TS6so
post Mar 11 2022, 07:34 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(kitt2000 @ Mar 10 2022, 10:49 PM)
At least I didn't fell asleep watching end game.. lol.. can't say the same for this batman.lol...
Well...you are not a man of culture! No shame in admitting you are unsophisticated...lol...
Currylaksa
post Mar 11 2022, 10:15 AM

Regular
1,616 posts

I like how Gotham needs major supervillain bombing to banjir

Meanwhile Malaysia a little bit hujan terus kena biggrin.gif

Who needs Riddler when we have tengku adnan laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Currylaksa: Mar 11 2022, 10:15 AM
skylinelover
post Mar 12 2022, 06:48 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,478 posts

QUOTE(Currylaksa @ Mar 11 2022, 10:15 AM)
I like how Gotham needs major supervillain bombing to banjir

Meanwhile Malaysia a little bit hujan terus kena biggrin.gif

Who needs Riddler when we have tengku adnan laugh.gif
Hahahaha

You know i know lah
defaultname365
post Mar 25 2022, 02:48 AM

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4
1,097 posts

Whoa... deleted scene (ending):

I thought the theatrical release ending was nothing more than to hype up the audience but seeing that they have shown the character in full here with extensive dialogue, very likely this continues in the sequel.

rx330
post Mar 25 2022, 10:01 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,580 posts

QUOTE(defaultname365 @ Mar 25 2022, 02:48 AM)
Whoa... deleted scene (ending):

I thought the theatrical release ending was nothing more than to hype up the audience but seeing that they have shown the character in full here with extensive dialogue, very likely this continues in the sequel.
I tot it was 2 face initially laugh.gif laugh.gif
TS6so
post Mar 25 2022, 11:59 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

It looks like Lee Bermejo illustration came alive. The exaggerated lips scarring. The other disfigurement shows someone took a dive in an acid pool. Glad Barry Keoghan killing it and supposed how much noise this will make to guarantee him in sequel.
greyshadow
post Mar 25 2022, 02:37 PM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!
1,826 posts

IMO that deleted scene is out of place for the whole movie, glad they cut it out of an already draggy movie.

Bruce has just starting as Batman, even he already caught Joker early on, doubt they have developed this relationship so early until Batman will go seek advice from Joker at the asylum
skylinelover
post Apr 2 2022, 06:48 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,478 posts

Haha nice laugh.gif rclxms.gif

5 Pages « < 3 4 5Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0191sec    0.56    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:13 PM