> Exhaust questions, make my engine breathe

views

TSJZenith
post May 16 2019, 02:35 PM, updated 2 months ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hi LYN,

wanted to ask about exhaust, been searching alot and with a budget below 1k<
1) upgrade extractor and muffler will do the trick? or need to change the whole system.
2) is bullet = the tip of the exhaust @ your rear bumper?
3) how long does a mild steel exhaust last? which part of the exhaust is better to use mild steel / stainless steel?

thanks for all the experts taking time to guide me notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
empire
post May 16 2019, 02:42 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

what car?
6UE5T
post May 16 2019, 02:43 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(JZenith @ May 16 2019, 02:35 PM)
Hi LYN,

1) upgrade extractor and muffler will do the trick? or need to change the whole system.

If your engine still stock, no need to change the whole thing, wasting money.

No, that's just exhaust tip! Bullet is the middle muffler/silencer.

3) how long does a mild steel exhaust last? which part of the exhaust is better to use mild steel / stainless steel?

Stainless steel is better coz it lasts forever.

thanks for all the experts taking time to guide me  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif
TSJZenith
post May 16 2019, 03:14 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(empire @ May 16 2019, 02:42 PM)
what car?
elantra md
empire
post May 16 2019, 04:45 PM

Regular

Your original exhaust system is already at its optimum based on factory engine setting. Why gatal wanna change it?
shirley_andy
post May 16 2019, 04:55 PM

VR Hardware Solution Provider

My understanding is extractor modification changes the torque curve, eg. 4-2-1 promotes low rev torque at the expense of high rev torque. The total torque and hp of the car doesn't change.

For NA engines, the "improved" flow from exhaust upgrade have little/insignificant boost to performance. Its more to getting the nice sporty bass noise only. At most, the modification probably shave small amount of weight off the stock exhaust depending on the material used.

This post has been edited by shirley_andy: May 16 2019, 04:57 PM
TSJZenith
post May 16 2019, 05:28 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(empire @ May 16 2019, 04:45 PM)
Your original exhaust system is already at its optimum based on factory engine setting. Why gatal wanna change it?
drove my friend's myvi with exhaust modded. feels smoother and abit more powerful compare to original one

empire
post May 16 2019, 06:39 PM

Regular

QUOTE(JZenith @ May 16 2019, 05:28 PM)
drove my friend's myvi with exhaust modded. feels smoother and abit more powerful compare to original one
it's all psychology la. When you go dyna it... it wont show any increase in hp.
empire
post May 16 2019, 06:44 PM

Regular

if you want more HP....change the engine to a turbo engine. sports Exhaust...sports air filter...etc using your current engine is not going to give any improvement. You will waste a lotta money instead.

take it from me bro. I owned 15 cars before....spent more than RM80k in mods for all these cars...change this...change that...at last I realised how stupid I was trying to get more hp from all the stock engines.

YOu want more hp? i GUARANTEE you... if you change to a turbo engine...you WILL get extra HP! A lot More HP.
6UE5T
post May 16 2019, 07:41 PM

Getting Started

Better spend the money on tires and suspension because that can improve your handling significantly.
Balanced
post May 16 2019, 08:00 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(JZenith @ May 16 2019, 02:35 PM)
Hi LYN,

thanks for all the experts taking time to guide me  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif
If stock engine dont change the exhaust. If modded and your ecu is now programmable, then yes, u can look for exhaust upgrade. However if u just like the vroom vroom sound, go ahead, treat yourself
TSJZenith
post May 16 2019, 08:43 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(empire @ May 16 2019, 06:44 PM)
if you want more HP....change the engine to a turbo engine. sports Exhaust...sports air filter...etc using your current engine is not going to give any improvement. You will waste a lotta money instead.

take it from me bro. I owned 15 cars before....spent more than RM80k in mods for all these cars...change this...change that...at last I realised how stupid I was trying to get more hp from all the stock engines.

YOu want more hp? i GUARANTEE you... if you change to a turbo engine...you WILL get extra HP! A lot More HP.
okok, thx bro for the advise notworthy.gif notworthy.gif dully noted!

QUOTE(6UE5T @ May 16 2019, 07:41 PM)
Better spend the money on tires and suspension because that can improve your handling significantly.
yea i think ill use it in my suspension, ngek ngek sound liao.

QUOTE(Balanced @ May 16 2019, 08:00 PM)
If stock engine dont change the exhaust. If modded and your ecu is now programmable, then yes, u can look for exhaust upgrade. However if u just like the vroom vroom sound, go ahead, treat yourself
dully noted! thanks for all the advise notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
Chrix
post May 16 2019, 09:29 PM

Getting Started

Honestly, in my humble opinion. Save your money, and buy a performance vehicle instead.

=)
mojo1ne
post May 17 2019, 07:03 AM

Group: Newbie

Friendly advice.

U must know the basics of the engine process, Intake -> Compression -> Combustion -> Exhaust. If u don't upgrade the first 3 processes, what makes you think that u need to upgrade the exhaust? Ur engine is not producing enough gases to warrant a larger or smoother exhaust. If u wanna go the path of engine performance, i suggest u work on the others first i.e. change intake, spark plugs, coil packs....

Perut also not enough to makan how to shit more out?

And another thing... Y does upgrading exhaust and all work for performance cars? It's cos most performance cars are detuned or resisted on stock to comply with regulations.. This makes minor upgrades to "free the beast" more noticeable whereas for daily driving cars, they are OPTIMISED for daily driving... meaning is as good as it gets for stock. There is no beast inside. Trust me.

This post has been edited by mojo1ne: May 17 2019, 07:07 AM
Tan&tan
post May 18 2019, 12:37 AM

On my way

QUOTE(JZenith @ May 16 2019, 03:14 PM)
elantra md
Don’t be a joker bro
Tan&tan
post May 18 2019, 12:39 AM

On my way

As the saying goes ... bunyi dah dengar kereta belum sampai .. jangan wei Malu wei orang tengok ... Hyundai pulak hahaha

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0728sec    2.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th July 2019 - 10:02 AM