> Tissot Versus Rolex?

views

sniper on the roof
post May 16 2019, 01:46 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
VIP
23,327 posts

QUOTE(Level 60 Wizard @ May 16 2019, 09:01 AM)
no idea as i only read that article in comparing tissot with rolex

maybe need to google on those other brands you mentioned
That's more of an infomercial than an article/review.

QUOTE(Zhik @ May 16 2019, 11:04 AM)
I do believe that the there are bunch of watches from different brand with similar material n quality r on par with rolex but they are sold at lower prices.
Since rolex watches doesnt have anything more superior or extra features except the brand, i dont think i gonna paid more.

Gold coating, titanium, antimagnetic n so on. These features are r not limited to rolex only.......

So far seiko marine master is one of the good cheap alternate beside rolex submariner. But not many respect them. That'y the price aint going up, but maintain at there. Same go to tissot and other brand.
Rolex uses its own steel type, white gold on the indices to prevent corrosion..the kinda things thats not obvious and won't show until decades later...

The fit and finishes as well... molest a rolex you won't find any edges thats not smooth, feeling weighty without being uncomfortably heavy... and the fit. Compare the gap on a Rolex's endlink and of any other watch and you'll see... I can go on and on but don't wanna sound like a brochure.

Whether details are worth price premium is subject to the individual but lets not kid ourselves, they're nowhere near on par.

The Marinemaster is a very nice watch... always wanted the 6159 though now goreng until wtf level but the modern incarnation a very different beast than a submariner. It's less wearable for desk diving since its very thick and the clasp is quite attrocious.

An alternative would be Oris Aquis... has sapphire like the latest sbdx, ceramic bezel to protect against the vigours of digging into the filing cabinet, much nicer bracelet than the MM. Downside is the selitta movement is not as glamorous as the 8L35 but its significantly less money.

I wouldn't go for the Tissot Seastar since it barely passes off as "Swiss made". Even less value than a Rolex.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0352sec    7.88    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 15th November 2019 - 04:19 PM