Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Tissot Versus Rolex?

views

TSLevel 60 Wizard
post May 15 2019, 01:47 PM, updated 2 months ago

Spiritus Invictus
Group: Junior Member

Now that i got your attention...anyone know how true this statement is?

Tissot Seven Seas vs Rolex Submarinar - Most reviewers see these watches as pretty equal except for the price. Obviously the Rolex is more expensive, but it is telling that the Tissot Seven Seas stands toe to toe with it.

sos : http://www.comparebestwatches.net/reviews/tissot/

Most might remember earlier i was looking for roughly RM10k watch...then i came across such statement above.

I own neither any rolex not tissot watches...so thought for you in the know, perhaps can shed some light on such bold wording nod.gif
Zhik
post May 15 2019, 02:04 PM

Casual

How seiko marine master.
Tudor, and etc?
TSLevel 60 Wizard
post May 15 2019, 02:17 PM

Spiritus Invictus

QUOTE(Zhik @ May 15 2019, 02:04 PM)
How seiko marine master.
Tudor, and etc?
Dont understand what you're trying to say
Zhik
post May 15 2019, 06:01 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Level 60 Wizard @ May 15 2019, 02:17 PM)
Dont understand what you're trying to say
How is it when compare to seiko, tudor n etc?
x-1o8-x
post May 16 2019, 03:01 AM

LOLICON Admin
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Level 60 Wizard @ May 15 2019, 01:47 PM)
Now that i got your attention...anyone know how true this statement is?
sos : http://www.comparebestwatches.net/reviews/tissot/
Most might remember earlier i was looking for roughly RM10k watch...then i came across such statement above.

I own neither any rolex not tissot watches...so thought for you in the know, perhaps can shed some light on such bold wording nod.gif
i wouldnt say the seastar of the tissot is equal to a rolex submariner, but they are quite good bang for the buck.

they're more equal against a seiko prospex in the same price range, might be better actually if the seikos are using a 4R3x movements
TSLevel 60 Wizard
post May 16 2019, 09:01 AM

Spiritus Invictus

QUOTE(Zhik @ May 15 2019, 06:01 PM)
How is it when compare to seiko, tudor n etc?
no idea as i only read that article in comparing tissot with rolex

maybe need to google on those other brands you mentioned
Zhik
post May 16 2019, 11:04 AM

Casual

QUOTE(Level 60 Wizard @ May 16 2019, 09:01 AM)

I do believe that the there are bunch of watches from different brand with similar material n quality r on par with rolex but they are sold at lower prices.
Since rolex watches doesnt have anything more superior or extra features except the brand, i dont think i gonna paid more.

Gold coating, titanium, antimagnetic n so on. These features are r not limited to rolex only.......

So far seiko marine master is one of the good cheap alternate beside rolex submariner. But not many respect them. That'y the price aint going up, but maintain at there. Same go to tissot and other brand.
TSLevel 60 Wizard
post May 16 2019, 11:15 AM

Spiritus Invictus

QUOTE(Zhik @ May 16 2019, 11:04 AM)
I do believe that the there are bunch of watches from different brand with similar material n quality r on par with rolex but they are sold at lower prices.
Since rolex watches doesnt have anything more superior or extra features except the brand, i dont think i gonna paid more.

Gold coating, titanium, antimagnetic n so on. These features are r not limited to rolex only.......

So far seiko marine master is one of the good cheap alternate beside rolex submariner. But not many respect them. That'y the price aint going up, but maintain at there. Same go to tissot and other brand.
agree bro
i reckon the reason why ppl go for rolax, is more of the price tag and fame it commands..knowing that each of those pieces costs half a hundred thousand ringgit nod.gif
sniper on the roof
post May 16 2019, 01:46 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Group: VIP

QUOTE(Level 60 Wizard @ May 16 2019, 09:01 AM)

That's more of an infomercial than an article/review.

QUOTE(Zhik @ May 16 2019, 11:04 AM)

Rolex uses its own steel type, white gold on the indices to prevent corrosion..the kinda things thats not obvious and won't show until decades later...

The fit and finishes as well... molest a rolex you won't find any edges thats not smooth, feeling weighty without being uncomfortably heavy... and the fit. Compare the gap on a Rolex's endlink and of any other watch and you'll see... I can go on and on but don't wanna sound like a brochure.

Whether details are worth price premium is subject to the individual but lets not kid ourselves, they're nowhere near on par.

The Marinemaster is a very nice watch... always wanted the 6159 though now goreng until wtf level but the modern incarnation a very different beast than a submariner. It's less wearable for desk diving since its very thick and the clasp is quite attrocious.

An alternative would be Oris Aquis... has sapphire like the latest sbdx, ceramic bezel to protect against the vigours of digging into the filing cabinet, much nicer bracelet than the MM. Downside is the selitta movement is not as glamorous as the 8L35 but its significantly less money.

I wouldn't go for the Tissot Seastar since it barely passes off as "Swiss made". Even less value than a Rolex.

friedricetheman
post May 17 2019, 09:40 PM

Getting Started

Tissot is nowhere near Rolex quality in terms of fit and finishing.

Take for example the Tissot Touch Expert which retails for more than a Seastar so it’s build quality should be better.

Attached Image

And compare it to the Daytona. Which again retails for more than the Submariner but it has a Chronograph function so it’s somewhat similar to one of the functions in the T-Touch Expert above.

Attached Image

One has a dial that is somewhat 2D while the other one has a dial with subdials which pops out in a 3D kind of way. And that is only the dial. Wait till you see the amount of care that went into the fit and finishing of the other parts of the Daytona compared to the Tissot and you will realize that the two brands a very far apart in terms of quality.

So, the short answer is no. The Seastar is not comparable in quality to the Submariner.

But, the Tissot T Touch series is a damn good watch. I have been wearing mine a lot these days. I rotate between this and an Apple Watch.

This post has been edited by friedricetheman: May 17 2019, 10:01 PM

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0720sec    3.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th June 2019 - 05:29 PM