Royal Brunei Airlines, BWN - LHR (London Heathrow), BI 003
At 14 hours 30 minutes flight time, this is the longest route from south east Asia to London Heathrow. The next longest would be that of Philippine Airline, flight PR 720 from MNL to LHR with travel time of 14 hour 10 minutes.
Brunei airport is small. From check in desk through immigration then security and finally to the gates, take less than 10 minutes. Perhaps, from my experience, it was 6 minutes.
As Brunei airport terminal is quite small, passengers who transit via Brunei for London, especially those from Melbourne will find it very easy to transfer as the gates are located around the circular-shaped airside section.
Brunei regulation requires those who carry power bank (portable battery) to store it into resealable transparent bag, like that of LAGs (Liquid, Aerosol, Gel). Similarly, RB discourages passengers to charge their phones by power bank. Instead you will be asked to charge it via USB port on your seat.
The RB Boeing 787
RB 787 cabin
Actual flight route from BWN to LHR, passing through Malaysia, northern coast of Indonesia, India, Iran, Turkey, Romania, Austria, Germany, Ne
Arrival at LHR T4
- Service is very good, food is passable, in-flight entertainment okay but cannot be compared to EK, MH, TG
- One thing that is very much needed is WiFi as this is their flagship service
- Flight experience was very comfortable along the journey, as even though the flight was 14 hours 30 minutes long, there was no turbulence encountered
- Flight price of RB is quite competitive, KUL-BWN-LHR was priced at USD 375 (one way), while return trip was priced slightly above USD 500
- Not perfect, but as long they offer relatively competitive fare, one may try RB...though they need WiFi
14 hour 30 minutes flight from Brunei to London