Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Whatsapp Web always sending Document as ZIP files, XLS, DOC, PPT, etc all sent as ZIP.

views

TSone1002
post May 9 2019, 11:07 PM, updated 5y ago

On my way
617 posts

Hey guys,

I'm having a hard time sending document files (excel, word, ppt) using Whatsapp Web.. whenever i sent it, the recipient will receive it in ZIP file, and can't open it.. Sending a PDF file works just fine.. but i need to send document in excel or word, not PDF..

Just bought a new Dell Vostro laptop with Windows 10, using Office 365. never had this problem before with my previous laptop..

Anybody can help? Try searching in the internet, none came out with solution... ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif

Is it my laptop? is it Office 365? is it Windows 10?
thewan
post May 10 2019, 03:19 AM

Getting Started
156 posts

Save as the older format instead of the newer one (.doc/.ppt/.xls)? newer format that has x behind (.docx/.pptx/.xlsx) are actually zip files to make them smaller, and some apps sometimes have issues figuring out whether its a zip file or not. Its a whatsapp issue.

Just find other ways to send your document (email,cloud,google docs etc) if you want to keep it in the newer format for some reason.
Champinidan
post May 11 2019, 04:03 PM

Getting Started
135 posts

For sure it's WhatsApp sender. What bothers me here that you listed all other possible problems and haven't posted that as such solution. You can even upload your documents to dropbox for example if you really know how, just try and you will see how easy is that.
skywalker69
post Aug 12 2019, 09:40 PM

16 posts

any solution to this? I have same prob
1024kbps
post Aug 13 2019, 01:36 AM

李素裳
5,780 posts

tell the reciepient rename it back to for example,
if received excel in zip, rename back to xltx
word file rename back to docx instead of open directly.
my guess docx and xltx both are ZIP compressed of doc/xlt
TSone1002
post Aug 26 2019, 02:16 PM

On my way
617 posts

i think it's a problem with office 365.. or windows 10.. no workaround as of yet.. really inconvenience.. i can no longer share office files (doc, xls, ppt, etc) via web whatsapp..

As a workaround, since i have office 365, i make use of the onedrive free 1tb.. so, i'll just save anything to my folder in my desktop that's automatically sync to onedrive, then use my phone, navigate to onedrive folder, find the file, and share it via phone. real pain in the a$$, but hey, at least it works..
robert257 P
post Sep 13 2019, 09:54 PM

Probation
1 posts

I also had same problem. some one please help
chinchan0321 P
post Sep 18 2019, 07:19 PM

Probation
2 posts

If you launch WhatsApp and tap on an ongoing conversation in the Chats tab to open an existing thread, or tap on a contact in the Contacts tab to start a new conversation. Tap the paperclip icon at the top right of the screen to add an attachment to your message. You'll see six icons pop up, the first of which is 'Document'.

To send a document from within WhatsApp:-
Open a chat.
Tap the icon at the top of the screen.
Choose Document.
Select the desired document to send and tap Send in the popup. smile.gif

see: Zenith labs Probiotic t-50 review
Chelsea01
post Jan 31 2020, 09:20 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

Whatsapp sends it as a zip file only because it is a newer format, that is .docx format.
If you save the file as .doc then you'd not have any problem sending it.

I hope this information helps!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0128sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:25 PM