Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

helping someone with mental illness & eating disor

views

TSbadigol@69
post May 9 2019, 08:16 PM, updated 5y ago

29 posts

I get from the start.
i met her, she currently struggling with Bipolar Disorder type 2, she on her medication. and stable, not much mood changes/swings
after few months, she told me her history, she was once struggled with Bulimia eating disorder. binge eating, purging, and laxative abusing.

few months with her, she love to eat, i treat her lot of food. sometime i worried, but i didnt said anything, afraid it might upset her.
but i guess as long she happy it would be ok. since she all about Body Positivity.

but then she suddenly depressed, she said because of her weight, and her Bulimia relapsed. she purging every meal she had, and she still have her own laxative from years ago, she abuse it again. taking overdose of laxative.
she used all her laxative.

1) she asked me to buy laxative because she not working and had no money, i refused. she fliped out, angry at me, i just speechless and hoping she understand. am i doing the right thing? its it ok just leave her like that? actually i bought it, just not give it to her yet.

2) she wants to met me tomorrow, she said she want to eat pizza, should i get pizza for her? or should i opt more healthy food? and tell the reason? should i bring the laxative in case she need it?

i already post here and someone already replied there.
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...&#entry92629039

This post has been edited by badigol@69: May 9 2019, 10:29 PM
Blofeld
post May 11 2019, 10:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

Get her to a psychiatrist.

Usually a psychiatrist will offer two options:

Patients can opt for either

Cognitive behavioural therapy (if she has the discipline the follow through) There are patients who dislike medications and prefer this option but they must have the discipline to follow all instructions given by the psychiatrist.

or

Take medications
garricktang
post Nov 23 2020, 02:01 PM

23 posts

You should probably get her to see a professional if she's still facing these issues. biggrin.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0143sec    0.34    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:58 AM