Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Bumiputra Property Ownership

views

TSSarah Ismi P
post May 9 2019, 03:05 PM, updated 5y ago

Probation
1 posts

I am a bumiputra and own a condominium in Cyberjaya. I would like to dispose this property. However, I was informed by the developer that it must be sold to a bumiputra as the master title has a restiction and they have not met the bumiputra quota allocation. Although this is not stipulated in the SPA. Kindly advise on this issue.
spacebee
post May 9 2019, 03:08 PM

8 posts

bumi lot must sell to bumi lah
badabing1337 P
post May 9 2019, 05:24 PM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(Sarah Ismi @ May 9 2019, 03:05 PM)
I am a bumiputra and own a condominium in Cyberjaya. I would like to dispose this property. However, I was informed by the developer that it must be sold to a bumiputra as the master title has a restiction and they have not met the bumiputra quota allocation. Although this is not stipulated in the SPA. Kindly advise on this issue.
for condo under master title, there's nothing the developer can do from you selling the unit to anyone u want.

Sell condo under master title does not require developer's consent. you can sell to anyone and upon completion of the sale, your lawyer will issue a notice to developer abt update the new owner

bumi lot and bumi quota are totally different things.
AskarPerang
post May 10 2019, 02:41 AM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,136 posts

QUOTE(badabing1337 @ May 9 2019, 05:24 PM)
for condo under master title, there's nothing the developer can do from you selling the unit to anyone u want.

Sell condo under master title does not require developer's consent. you can sell to anyone and upon completion of the sale, your lawyer will issue a notice to developer abt update the new owner

bumi lot and bumi quota are totally different things.
Totally incorrect info.

For property still under master title, developer hold absolute right during buy/sell transaction. For limited freehold property such as in Cyberjaya, you need to go through developer and also state authority, 2 party your lawyer need to correspond.

Dont be surprise for some project still under master title. A bumiputera buyer bought from non bumi owner via subsale. Developer can convert the unit into bumi lot if they fail to meet the quota or they oversell the bumi allocation last time.
hanhanhan
post May 11 2019, 07:37 PM

(͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)
1,142 posts

QUOTE(AskarPerang @ May 10 2019, 02:41 AM)
Totally incorrect info.

For property still under master title, developer hold absolute right during buy/sell transaction. For limited freehold property such as in Cyberjaya, you need to go through developer and also state authority, 2 party your lawyer need to correspond.

Dont be surprise for some project still under master title. A bumiputera buyer bought from non bumi owner via subsale. Developer can convert the unit into bumi lot if they fail to meet the quota or they oversell the bumi allocation last time.
for residential property under master title, developer cannot impose conditions actually..
Jay_AX
post May 12 2019, 10:12 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

Hi, sorry I want to tumpang some question too,

For subsale / lelong market, is it possible if a: -
1. Non Bumi buy Bumi lot
2. Bumi buy Non Bumi lot

I google already but all messed up so i hope anybody able to clarify here? tq!
AskarPerang
post May 13 2019, 12:04 AM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,136 posts

QUOTE(Jay_AX @ May 12 2019, 10:12 PM)
Hi, sorry I want to tumpang some question too,

For subsale / lelong market, is it possible if a: -
1. Non Bumi buy Bumi lot
2. Bumi buy Non Bumi lot

I google already but all messed up so i hope anybody able to clarify here? tq!
1. Lelong definitely cant.
Normal subsale need to appeal to state authority. Heard is a long process. Will take 1 year plus.

2. Yes. But the unit may not remain as non bumi lot after the transaction completed.
hanhanhan
post May 15 2019, 01:48 AM

(͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)
1,142 posts

QUOTE(AskarPerang @ May 13 2019, 12:04 AM)
1. Lelong definitely cant.
Normal subsale need to appeal to state authority. Heard is a long process. Will take 1 year plus.

2. Yes. But the unit may not remain as non bumi lot after the transaction completed.
bumi lot =/= bumi quota.

bumi lot will have restriction in interest expressly stating that the tanah cannot pindahmilik melainkan kpd bumiputra.

so bumi buy non bumi lot will not affect that.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0120sec    0.13    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:37 AM