Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Advise on SVI Cloud Malaysia

views

PowerGadget
post Nov 8 2020, 09:11 PM

Casual
412 posts

QUOTE(cse.my @ Oct 31 2020, 03:11 PM)
Yea is the H265 problem, 90% up tv seller don't know what is H265.
Thanks for reply although my post fews month ago.
Hi bro, recently I bought svi cloud 3 pro tvbox but the audio freeze every few minute but video is smooth.

Seller insist that it is server problem but my friend don’t have this problem.

Any idea what’s the problem with my device?

Candy12
post Nov 8 2020, 09:35 PM

Regular
1,843 posts

QUOTE(PowerGadget @ Nov 8 2020, 09:11 PM)
Hi bro, recently I bought svi cloud 3 pro tvbox but the audio freeze every few minute but video is smooth.

What is your internet connection type? Fibre or mobile LTE? or VDSL2 copper?

Is your app up to date?

Have you try changing HW decoding to SW decoding or the other way in its video settings?
Did you change the default settings before?
PowerGadget
post Nov 8 2020, 10:49 PM

Casual
412 posts

QUOTE(Candy12 @ Nov 8 2020, 09:35 PM)
What is your internet connection type? Fibre or mobile LTE? or VDSL2 copper?

Is your app up to date?

Have you try changing HW decoding to SW decoding or the other way in its video settings?
Did you change the default settings before?
I’m using unifi 300Mbps, currently connected via ASUS RT-AC86U 5Ghz WiFi.

Yes all the applications are updated to latest.
Performed one time factory reset as well.

Everything is in default setting, never tweak the setting around.

I contacted seller but he said it’s server problem. Buy my friends insisted that my device is at fault because his box is no problem at all.

cse.my
post Nov 8 2020, 10:51 PM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(PowerGadget @ Nov 8 2020, 09:11 PM)

Svi quite laggy bro, sorry seller if this comment harm
elmond
post Nov 9 2020, 08:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,114 posts

QUOTE(PowerGadget @ Nov 8 2020, 10:49 PM)

I contacted seller but he said it’s server problem. Buy my friends insisted that my device is at fault because his box is no problem at all.
not sure the bundle svi apps, but svi go default using software render, seller always recommend us to change manually to hardware

abubin
post Nov 9 2020, 02:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,968 posts

QUOTE(PowerGadget @ Nov 8 2020, 10:49 PM)

I am using unifi 100mbps and also asus rt-ac86u. However, the asus router you are using is know to have weak wifi. I am guessing your problem is the wifi. I am using homeplug directly connecting to the router. Wired is much more stable.
PowerGadget
post Nov 9 2020, 02:43 PM

Casual
412 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Nov 9 2020, 02:40 PM)
I am using unifi 100mbps and also asus rt-ac86u. However, the asus router you are using is know to have weak wifi. I am guessing your problem is the wifi. I am using homeplug directly connecting to the router. Wired is much more stable.
I tried to put router beside the tvbox and the problem is still there. Do you know what causes this?
abubin
post Nov 9 2020, 02:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,968 posts

QUOTE(PowerGadget @ Nov 9 2020, 02:43 PM)
I tried to put router beside the tvbox and the problem is still there. Do you know what causes this?
That is still relying on wifi. Like I said, that device have wifi issue. Not wifi signal issue. It is not good especially when you have few devices connected to it. If you can connect the router next to it then just get a network cable and connect to see if problem solved or at least improved.
PowerGadget
post Nov 9 2020, 07:33 PM

Casual
412 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Nov 9 2020, 02:51 PM)
That is still relying on wifi. Like I said, that device have wifi issue. Not wifi signal issue. It is not good especially when you have few devices connected to it. If you can connect the router next to it then just get a network cable and connect to see if problem solved or at least improved.
I went to my friend house use to link also has the same problem.

The router need to pull long cable about 4metre away so it’s not optimal. It’s not reasonable that the I use my friend 3S could watch using WiFi smoothly but 3 pro not able to do it.

Their customer service all no reply and seller refused to return. I’m confused now what to do next.

When it’s connected LAN cable, the problem seemed to be fix. But seller keep accused that their server problem..

Thanks for reply bro
Candy12
post Nov 9 2020, 09:06 PM

Regular
1,843 posts

QUOTE(PowerGadget @ Nov 9 2020, 07:33 PM)
I went to my friend house use to link also has the same problem.

The router need to pull long cable about 4metre away so it’s not optimal. It’s not reasonable that the I use my friend 3S could watch using WiFi smoothly but 3 pro not able to do it.

Their customer service all no reply and seller refused to return. I’m confused now what to do next.

When it’s connected LAN cable, the problem seemed to be fix. But seller keep accused that their server problem..

Thanks for reply bro
Did you bring his to your house to test see if it can also runs smoothly like at his place?

Have you tried switching to hardware rendering/decode in the settings? During channel playback, press the 3 line menu button or similar. A menu will appear which you can change video decoding mode.

Your friend's box using cable or WiFi?

Is your friend using Unifi or other ISP at his place?
PowerGadget
post Nov 9 2020, 11:51 PM

Casual
412 posts

QUOTE(Candy12 @ Nov 9 2020, 09:06 PM)
Did you bring his to your house to test see if it can also runs smoothly like at his place?

Have you tried switching to hardware rendering/decode in the settings? During channel playback, press the 3 line menu button or similar. A menu will appear which you can change video decoding mode.

Your friend's box using cable or WiFi?

Is your friend using Unifi or other ISP at his place?
Haven’t got the chance to bring his unit to my place though.

I don’t find any setting about this in my unit, tried to press more option but not managed to find it.

He’s using WiFi as well my the router is the one provided by TM

Same plan with mine 300Mbps Unifi

Thanks for helping mate..
PowerGadget
post Nov 10 2020, 11:55 AM

Casual
412 posts

I contact their customer service and their Facebook support page, not helpful at all. They even not approve my post to complain about this issue in their group.

They sent me a message and told me to wait for one month and the issue might be solved.

But my friend has the exact same unit and has no problem with it.

Their business model seemed fishy and not warrant their warranty or promise. Once unit is sold, it’s not their problem anymore. Push away all the responsibility and told me that not every unit can run the movie smoothly..

Anybody can advise what can I do next?
Candy12
post Nov 10 2020, 11:51 PM

Regular
1,843 posts

QUOTE(PowerGadget @ Nov 10 2020, 11:55 AM)
I contact their customer service and their Facebook support page, not helpful at all. They even not approve my post to complain about this issue in their group.

They sent me a message and told me to wait for one month and the issue might be solved.

But my friend has the exact same unit and has no problem with it.

Their business model seemed fishy and not warrant their warranty or promise. Once unit is sold, it’s not their problem anymore. Push away all the responsibility and told me that not every unit can run the movie smoothly..

Anybody can advise what can I do next?
Go and find the shop directly bring your box along and let him test on the spot? Don't forget your receipt as proof of purchase.

Why don't you bring your friend's unit and test it at your place to confirm. If it works, then confirm your unit is faulty. That will be used as evidence for warranty claim. Remember to take photos.

This post has been edited by Candy12: Nov 10 2020, 11:51 PM
PowerGadget
post Nov 11 2020, 12:14 AM

Casual
412 posts

QUOTE(Candy12 @ Nov 10 2020, 11:51 PM)
Go and find the shop directly bring your box along and let him test on the spot? Don't forget your receipt as proof of purchase.

Why don't you bring your friend's unit and test it at your place to confirm. If it works, then confirm your unit is faulty. That will be used as evidence for warranty claim. Remember to take photos.
I bought it online, that’s why not able to claim from the shop directly..

I just tested his unit this afternoon at my house, no problem at all. But customer service they have so called patch coming one one month, ask me to wait patiently. Just felt like being scammed right now
Candy12
post Nov 11 2020, 12:18 AM

Regular
1,843 posts

QUOTE(PowerGadget @ Nov 11 2020, 12:14 AM)
I bought it online, that’s why not able to claim from the shop directly..

I just tested his unit this afternoon at my house, no problem at all. But customer service they have so called patch coming one one month, ask me to wait patiently. Just felt like being scammed right now
Take picture as proof for side to side comparison of your box and your friend's. Say how come his works fine yours doesn't with all conditions the same. You should be able to claim your warranty.

I see something went wrong with your box settings/file system inside.

In the meantime find a app called SD Maid Pro, do a full system scan and remove all "green" colored folders/files. See if it helps.
PowerGadget
post Nov 11 2020, 12:48 AM

Casual
412 posts

QUOTE(Candy12 @ Nov 11 2020, 12:18 AM)
Take picture as proof for side to side comparison of your box and your friend's. Say how come his works fine yours doesn't with all conditions the same. You should be able to claim your warranty.

I see something went wrong with your box settings/file system inside.

In the meantime find a app called SD Maid Pro, do a full system scan and remove all "green" colored folders/files. See if it helps.
Thanks a lot for helping, mate.

I sent to them and they told me different box use different server, it’s rather ridiculous reply. But mine lag for every single channel..

It’s paid app right? I used the free one and see how it goes

This post has been edited by PowerGadget: Nov 11 2020, 12:52 AM
Candy12
post Nov 16 2020, 12:52 AM

Regular
1,843 posts

QUOTE(PowerGadget @ Nov 11 2020, 12:48 AM)
Thanks a lot for helping, mate.

I sent to them and they told me different box use different server, it’s rather ridiculous reply. But mine lag for every single channel..

It’s paid app right? I used the free one and see how it goes
Sounds like you've gotten a bootleg/clone box there which isn't from directly endorsed by SVI for Malaysian market.

The reason why their official customer service channel didn't want to entertain your requests, maybe was because when you told them the name of the reseller shop which sold you the box wasn't in their certified list.

Did you buy the box at price way cheaper than their official recommended suggested listing price?

Very high possibility the box you bought is water product, overseas smuggled version or non local batch meant for Malaysian market.

Next time better look for "CERTIFIED" reseller stores/shops endorsed by the TV box companies with local presence.They usually display their certificates with their company names at their websites/online stores such as Lazada/Shopee.

PowerGadget
post Nov 16 2020, 07:49 AM

Casual
412 posts

QUOTE(Candy12 @ Nov 16 2020, 12:52 AM)
Sounds like you've gotten a bootleg/clone box there which isn't from directly endorsed by SVI for Malaysian market.

The reason why their official customer service channel didn't want to entertain your requests, maybe was because when you told them the name of the reseller shop which sold you the box wasn't in their certified list.

Did you buy the box at price way cheaper than their official recommended suggested listing price?

Very high possibility the box you bought is water product, overseas smuggled version or non local batch meant for Malaysian market.

Next time better look for "CERTIFIED" reseller stores/shops endorsed by the TV box companies with local presence.They usually display their certificates with their company names at their websites/online stores such as Lazada/Shopee.
Thanks for your reply and analysis of the problem.

Eventually it’s opposite of whatever you mentioned above, I paid the price that is higher than other reseller which is RM650 despite knowing other are selling way below this price.

I chose this seller because he is one of the listed “gold medal reseller” and it’s certified through the main screen of tv box which showing us the name of the premium reseller.

So what do you think about this case?

Candy12
post Nov 16 2020, 02:24 PM

Regular
1,843 posts

QUOTE(PowerGadget @ Nov 16 2020, 07:49 AM)
Thanks for your reply and analysis of the problem.

Eventually it’s opposite of whatever you mentioned above, I paid the price that is higher than other reseller which is RM650 despite knowing other are selling way below this price.

I chose this seller because he is one of the listed “gold medal reseller” and it’s certified through the main screen of tv box which showing us the name of the premium reseller.

So what do you think about this case?
I can only be led to believe that the box you're having now is:

1) A bad batch or unwanted stock pushed to you by the online store you bought from which the seller refused to acknowledge during promotion or sales season which he/she wants to get rid first.

2) The store has fake certification from SVI official group which refused to entertain when they noticed the box ID/type when you asked them for help or the store might have fallen out from their list of official resellersover some dispute.

3) There are no other SVI box owners out there who are experiencing the same issues as yours which means your tv box unit itself is an isolated case, therefore the official group are getting suspicious thinking your box is a bootleg unit.

4) (Don't flame me sweat.gif ) You might be the devil in the pictures yourself being a rival imposter of some other brands trying to downplay the product imposing as a bad victim of bad after sales service. Or you could be one of AxtXo agent trying to poison the tv box industry.
Hope you don't get disappointed but backstabbing, sabotaging, cheating accusations and lies is synonymous with Malaysian society and perhaps the world now. Trust is the least people have with others right now wherever you go.
PowerGadget
post Nov 16 2020, 06:20 PM

Casual
412 posts

QUOTE(Candy12 @ Nov 16 2020, 02:24 PM)
I can only be led to believe that the box you're having now is:

1) A bad batch or unwanted stock pushed to you by the online store you bought from which the seller refused to acknowledge during promotion or sales season which he/she wants to get rid first.

2) The store has fake certification from SVI official group which refused to entertain when they noticed the box ID/type when you asked them for help or the store might have fallen out from their list of official resellersover some dispute.

3) There are no other SVI box owners out there who are experiencing the same issues as yours which means your tv box unit itself is an isolated case, therefore the official group are getting suspicious thinking your box is a bootleg unit.

4) (Don't flame me  sweat.gif ) You might be the devil in the pictures yourself being a rival imposter of some other brands trying to downplay the product imposing as a bad victim of bad after sales service. Or you could be one of AxtXo agent trying to poison the tv box industry.
Hope you don't get disappointed but backstabbing, sabotaging, cheating accusations and lies is synonymous with Malaysian society and perhaps the world now. Trust is the least people have with others right now wherever you go.
How I wish I am the devil as you described in no.4 so that I would not deal with this mess and constantly headache about this amount of money.

Feel free to pm me to get more pictures of proof and process of me going through all the complain with CS side, Facebook support, Wechat support and Shopee side.

At the moment now, I just realise that I did the very wrong thing of buying this SVI Cloud.

Wherever I describe the problem and hassles that I going through, all the community members seemed to giving the same respond that make me look bad and I am the one at fault.

Anyway, thank you very much for your reply, Candy. But your reply and the reply from Facebookgroup as well as another user in this forum which newly created account on that day made my day because it seemed that all of the accounts belong to same account.

Appreciated your reply and have a good day!

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0213sec    0.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 1st August 2021 - 02:43 AM