6 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

closed

views

Roman Catholic
post May 18 2019, 09:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

TS, I hope that everything is working out.

With this incident, now I am beginning to understand and realize how dangerous lead acid batteries truly are. Seemed so surreal. Been using for almost 5 decades no problems what. Truly an eye opener and because of your post, now have to design a strict periodic maintenance schedule to avoid this shit from happening by reducing its odds drastically. Crazy stuff.

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: May 18 2019, 09:43 AM
TSTRAZE99
post May 20 2019, 11:16 PM

Casual
357 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ May 17 2019, 05:35 AM)
TS before you go on a war rampage, do you have the Sales Invoice or Receipt & Warranty Card, if applicable ?
Of course
TSTRAZE99
post May 20 2019, 11:17 PM

Casual
357 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ May 18 2019, 09:41 AM)
TS, I hope that everything is working out.

With this incident, now I am beginning to understand and realize how dangerous lead acid batteries truly are. Seemed so surreal. Been using for almost 5 decades no problems what. Truly an eye opener and because of your post, now have to design a strict periodic maintenance schedule to avoid this shit from happening by reducing its odds drastically. Crazy stuff.
Good good help me like and share

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1458159587824...096824997290972

This post has been edited by TRAZE99: May 20 2019, 11:19 PM
therain01
post May 21 2019, 12:07 AM

Getting Started
219 posts

QUOTE(TRAZE99 @ May 20 2019, 11:17 PM)
Sounds like amaron battery suffer from explosion as well.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Roman Catholic
post May 21 2019, 06:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(therain01 @ May 21 2019, 12:07 AM)
Sounds like amaron battery suffer from explosion as well.
Oh my goodness Amaron too !

By the way, could you please translate what's being said ? TQ
therain01
post May 22 2019, 01:01 AM

Getting Started
219 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ May 21 2019, 06:45 PM)
Oh my goodness Amaron too !

By the way, could you please translate what's being said ? TQ
Here you go. The translate is a bit funny though. Explode with amaron. Lol.

This post has been edited by therain01: May 22 2019, 01:03 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Roman Catholic
post May 22 2019, 06:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(therain01 @ May 22 2019, 01:01 AM)
Here you go. The translate is a bit funny though. Explode with amaron. Lol.
Apart from the funny translation, it would be good if the affected party could furnish pictures etc.
TSTRAZE99
post May 24 2019, 07:47 PM

Casual
357 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ May 22 2019, 06:43 AM)
Apart from the funny translation, it would be good if the affected party could furnish pictures etc.
Hitachi did contact me back , but this time...from singapore HQ.
they have the final detailed report on the battery but dint disclosed it to me.
they ask me to resubmit again the claim....which near to rm4k ,waiting for approval (this time way faster they reply me )
they did ask me do grab bo,mileage,driving conditions...etc etc

Attached Image

seems like got some result after viral. doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif
Roman Catholic
post May 24 2019, 11:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(TRAZE99 @ May 24 2019, 07:47 PM)
they ask me to resubmit again the claim....which near to rm4k ,waiting for approval (this time way faster they reply me )

Attached Image

seems like got some result after viral. doh.gif  doh.gif  doh.gif
That's really good news bro., even if it's from Hitachi Singapore. Even though they are asking questions, they too are trying to understand how did this situation come about.

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: May 24 2019, 11:41 PM
Roman Catholic
post Jun 11 2019, 04:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(TRAZE99 @ May 24 2019, 07:47 PM)

Attached Image

seems like got some result after viral. doh.gif  doh.gif  doh.gif
Bro., was wondering everything fully settled & O.K. now ?
TSTRAZE99
post Jun 12 2019, 12:50 AM

Casual
357 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jun 11 2019, 04:48 PM)
Bro., was wondering everything fully settled & O.K. now ?
Already agreed compensation ,ask me to send my car to SC to get repaired ,than just bill them.they will most probably bank in or open a cheque for me .
Roman Catholic
post Jun 12 2019, 07:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(TRAZE99 @ Jun 12 2019, 12:50 AM)
Already agreed compensation ,ask me to send my car to SC to get repaired ,than just bill them.they will most probably bank in or open a cheque for me .
Thank goodness everything turned out well and in your favour. Just imagine if this happened just after the Warranty expired !

Just wondering is this the same Hitachi battery model that exploded ? The Hitachi ES Series ? Sorry I can't seem to upload picture for some weird reason. Use to be possible to upload pictures. Anyway is it the same Hitachi ES Series on a blue coloured background with some designs on it

CORRECTION
Silly question asked by me at the top. Both are different models too after REREADING the thread again very carefully.

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Jun 12 2019, 09:18 PM
unitron
post Jun 12 2019, 01:42 PM

W1(R)3d
2,718 posts

QUOTE(Micky78 @ Apr 30 2019, 11:19 PM)
didn't realized the contain of the battery is so deadly... hope the battery  seller can assist u to claim back a new battery n repair cost...
Sulfuric acid of course deadly.

QUOTE(TRAZE99 @ Jun 12 2019, 12:50 AM)
Congrats to you.
RicoT
post Jun 12 2019, 01:57 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

Most probably clogged vent caps, 1,000,000 units, 1 unit faulty, and 1 battery have average of 7 of those caps. Even maintenance free battery, also have this caps. It just take one cap which couldn't vent the hydrogen/oxygen gas out, and explode. If there is an arc in the battery, i.e. start car, kaboom. Manufacturing defect.
Roman Catholic
post Jun 12 2019, 03:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(RicoT @ Jun 12 2019, 01:57 PM)
Most probably clogged vent caps, 1,000,000 units, 1 unit faulty, and 1 battery have average of 7 of those caps. Even maintenance free battery, also have this caps. It just take one cap which couldn't vent the hydrogen/oxygen gas out, and explode. If there is an arc in the battery, i.e. start car, kaboom. Manufacturing defect.
Sounds legit. During electrolysis, there's always the presense of hydrogen & oxygen being released, therefore the fuel is there for the explosion.

Plus with modern construction method, a completely sealed Lead Acid Battery that doesn't allow hydrogen & oxygen to escape but instead recombines this molecules and they turn into water again inside the battery. Something like a self contain ecosystem inside the battery itself.

I don't understand this however, how is an arc form inside the battery ? That's the ignition but how does it come about ?

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Jun 12 2019, 03:23 PM
RicoT
post Jun 12 2019, 03:48 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jun 12 2019, 03:17 PM)
Sounds legit. During electrolysis, there's always the presense of hydrogen & oxygen being released, therefore the fuel is there for the explosion.

Plus with modern construction method, a completely sealed Lead Acid Battery that doesn't allow hydrogen & oxygen to escape but instead recombines this molecules and they turn into water again inside the battery. Something like a self contain ecosystem inside the battery itself.

I don't understand this however, how is an arc form inside the battery ? That's the ignition but how does it come about ?
The sealed lead acid battery still allows gasses to be vented out if it is above a certain pressure, just maybe due to manufacturing defect, or some handling during storage, the vent cap was damaged.

Arc can be formed if there is an electrical potential difference (voltage) across a small gap, in this case, if the internal cells of the battery has some manufacturing defect like damage in the separator or the plates connectors were corroded.

In TS case, the manufacturer will log the incident, check that batch of battery to see if there is any other report. If more reports, means something wrong with that batch and should do recall, else if govt involved, even bigger problem, publicity and pay a hefty fine, compensate a few RM5k to victims and gather reports is better than paying that fine, I think these companies also bought some insurance for cases like this as well.

This post has been edited by RicoT: Jun 12 2019, 03:51 PM
Roman Catholic
post Jun 12 2019, 04:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(RicoT @ Jun 12 2019, 03:48 PM)
The sealed lead acid battery still allows gasses to be vented out if it is above a certain pressure, just maybe due to manufacturing defect, or some handling during storage, the vent cap was damaged.

Arc can be formed if there is an electrical potential difference (voltage) across a small gap, in this case, if the internal cells of the battery has some manufacturing defect like damage in the separator or the plates connectors were corroded.

In TS case, the manufacturer will log the incident, check that batch of battery to see if there is any other report. If more reports, means something wrong with that batch and should do recall, else if govt involved, even bigger problem, publicity and pay a hefty fine, compensate a few RM5k to victims and gather reports is better than paying that fine, I think these companies also bought some insurance for cases like this as well.
Thank you mate for that explanation. Seems much easier to understand too, than reading other writings that don't make any sense at all.

At hand now, I have an used Hitachi ES Series. Midtronics test says REPLACE Batt, Measured CCA 149A against Rating 240A. Electrolytes level extremely low.

However the strangest thing is it's showing a reading of 13.04V both on Midtronics & and multimeter, despite being out of vehicle for more than 24 hours already.

Usually the Volt should have dropped with such extremely low electrolytes levels, after all it's been installed since 20 Sept 2017 without any care or maintenance performed.

This battery has only 1 vent at the moment. But will verify this again once I am done testing it.

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Jun 12 2019, 04:29 PM
fireballs
post Jun 12 2019, 04:23 PM

5,627 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jun 12 2019, 04:20 PM)
Thank you mate for that explanation. Seems much easier to understand too, than reading other writings that don't make any sense at all.

At hand now, I have an used Hitachi ES Series. Midtronics test says REPLACE Batt, Measured CCA 149A against Rating 240A. Electrolytes level extremely low.

However the strangest thing is it's showing a reading of 13.04V both on Midtronics & and multimeter, despite being out of vehicle for more than 24 hours already.

Usually the Volt should dropped with such extremely low electrolytes levels, after all it's been installed since 20 Sept 2017 without any care or maintenance performed.

This battery has only 1 vent at the moment. But will verify this again once I am done testing it.
can top up the electrolyte with distill water, right?
Roman Catholic
post Jun 12 2019, 04:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(fireballs @ Jun 12 2019, 04:23 PM)
can top up the electrolyte with distill water, right?
Since this battery is dead, it can be topped up with anything you want.

An explosion 💥 just happened with a Hitachi battery, so I took this to learn more about it only. Then after I am done with it, it will be scrapped.

Not worth risking it.

NOTE :
This electrolytes does not seem to be as watery 💦 as the batteries that I am use to but I noticed there's seems to be much more particles suspended in the electrolytes as well. Perhaps other additives are added into the electrolytes to limit gassing activities.

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Jun 12 2019, 04:34 PM
Kitty_catts
post Jun 12 2019, 06:57 PM

Getting Started
123 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jun 12 2019, 04:20 PM)

Usually the Volt should have dropped with such extremely low electrolytes levels, after all it's been installed since 20 Sept 2017 without any care or maintenance performed.

I experienced this before from different brand. Voltage is good, but the CCA is good as dead. Dont really know why but its after warranty period, so might as well just replace it.

6 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0174sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:32 PM