6 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

closed

views

TSTRAZE99
post May 14 2019, 11:13 AM

Casual
357 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ May 14 2019, 07:06 AM)
Hi TS, I was wondering about this, when was the last time that the exploded battery was inspected for periodic maintenance or serviced, after it was bought & installed ?
Maintenance free battery kena inspec for periodic maintenance?never heard of that ....either it Kong and replaced new jer.
TSTRAZE99
post May 14 2019, 11:17 AM

Casual
357 posts

Update:

They now investigating the battery ...not sure though the claim for my losses...the agent send me few picture.

So what's the next step?wait ?

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

This post has been edited by TRAZE99: May 14 2019, 11:22 AM
Roman Catholic
post May 14 2019, 11:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(TRAZE99 @ May 14 2019, 11:17 AM)
Update

They now investigating the battery ...not sure though the claim for my losses...the agent send me few picture.

[attachmentid=10246129]

[attachmentid=10246128]

[attachmentid=10246127]

[attachmentid=10246125]
Yes, please be patient since they are into the case as well. Did they give you a time frame revert back to you ? That would be good.
Roman Catholic
post May 14 2019, 11:27 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(TRAZE99 @ May 14 2019, 11:13 AM)
Maintenance free battery kena inspec for periodic maintenance?never heard of that ....either it Kong and replaced new jer.
We know that batteries degrade overtime and goes through different stages during the degradation process. I think that employing a periodic maintenance schedule could possibly detect the battery as it degrades especially in your case or anyone else.

Usually it just dies without any incident and but after your case and another forummer confirming the explosion, I think some sort of maintenance must be drawn up to avoid such circumstances.

I am only guessing here and will need input from other experienced professionals on how to go about this, so that we all can avoid another battery from exploding.
SUSlowya
post May 14 2019, 11:30 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,821 posts

already got similar case of lead acid battery explosion...

I witnessed an impressive explosion of a lead acid battery when my collegue started an internal combustion engine connected with the battery without disconnecting the charger from the battery first.

https://electronics.stackexchange.com/quest...tteries-explode

Almost anything will explode if you make enough current flow through it. In case of a lead-acid battery one only needs to make sure the electrolyte starts to boil.

As a battery ages, it loses water, leaving the top of the lead plates exposed to the air inside the battery case. ... Improper jump-starting is another leading cause of explosions.

TS, have you previously ...

1. charge the battery with charger yourself?

2. jump started car lately?

This post has been edited by lowya: May 14 2019, 11:36 AM
TSTRAZE99
post May 14 2019, 01:09 PM

Casual
357 posts

QUOTE(lowya @ May 14 2019, 11:30 AM)
already got similar case of lead acid battery explosion...
https://electronics.stackexchange.com/quest...tteries-explode
TS, have you previously ...

1. charge the battery with charger yourself?

2. jump started car lately?
non of the above.....
the day i bought the battery till the day it exploded....no one touched it nor taken out.

btw i don't charge my car battery....either cannot start or hard to start,replaced band new battery.

This post has been edited by TRAZE99: May 14 2019, 01:13 PM
TSTRAZE99
post May 14 2019, 01:10 PM

Casual
357 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ May 14 2019, 11:27 AM)
We know that batteries degrade overtime and goes through different stages during the degradation process. I think that employing a periodic maintenance schedule could possibly detect the battery as it degrades especially in your case or anyone else.

Usually it just dies without any incident and but after your case and another forummer confirming the explosion, I think some sort of maintenance must be drawn up to avoid such circumstances.

I am only guessing here and will need input from other experienced professionals on how to go about this, so that we all can avoid another battery from exploding.
suggestion is great,maybe those battery company should provide scan tools to check on battery health and degrade status.
TSTRAZE99
post May 14 2019, 01:11 PM

Casual
357 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ May 14 2019, 11:20 AM)
Yes, please be patient since they are into the case as well. Did they give you a time frame revert back to you ? That would be good.
sadly no
Roman Catholic
post May 14 2019, 01:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(TRAZE99 @ May 14 2019, 01:11 PM)
sadly no
While it's possible they may have overlooked this, but you could ask them for a date. At least something definitive otherwise it can also drag on indefinitely without any closure.

Remain cool bro., while you're at it. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: May 14 2019, 04:35 PM
mars2003
post May 14 2019, 10:49 PM

Getting Started
122 posts

Update:

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
u need give some pressure for your compensation. u do not need wait results. results can be anything and doesnt relate to u.. more to their own production design..
ayamxxx
post May 15 2019, 08:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

when I was last time worked in Yokohama battery factory in Semenyih, all the claim battery warranty by shop region etc was sent back to the QC dept.
what I was shocked was, they only recharged back the battery and repacking it & send back to shop.

afraid this said hitachi battery happen to be in a similar case, usually by batches problem.
SUSlowya
post May 15 2019, 08:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,821 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ May 15 2019, 08:22 AM)
when I was last time worked in Yokohama battery factory in Semenyih, all the claim battery warranty by shop region etc was sent back to the QC dept.
what I was shocked was, they only recharged back the battery and repacking it & send back to shop.

afraid this said hitachi battery happen to be in a similar case, usually by batches problem.
lead acid material is recyclable, that's why dealer buy back or trade in old battery from you.

they probably change top up the acid but instead of throwing the lead, they reuse it.
Roman Catholic
post May 15 2019, 08:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ May 15 2019, 08:22 AM)

Batch problem ? Wait a minute ....

There are 2 scenarios please indicate which is it for clearer understanding.

A) In the factory where new batteries are being produced, there must be some defective components that slipped QC and went into production of a new batteries. This new battery batches was then shipped out and eventually sold as a new battery. This means this production batch is defective and will encounter problems later.

OR

B) A used battery that already had some "fault" in some way was claimed under warranty. This "faulty" battery was then returned to the factory, wherein it's simply cleaned & recharged and then shipped out again as new batteries ?

Which scenario is it were you referring to A) or B) ?

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: May 15 2019, 08:57 AM
kluseng
post May 15 2019, 09:16 AM

Casual
473 posts

Update:

You need to put more pressure on them for your compensation. Create a Whatsapp flier about your case which can be viralled around and send to them with a notice that you will viral this if they refuse to answer by a specific date. Your Whatsapp flier should be one screen only with 1 or 2 photos and the bare facts plus a link to a more detailed online post.

Roman Catholic
post May 15 2019, 09:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(TRAZE99 @ May 14 2019, 01:11 PM)
sadly no
TS, although I always advocate a cool head but based on the recent posting and suggestion from forummers like Posts #70 & #74, I was wrong and you will need to turn it up, I reckon.

Turn it up tactfully and they should know that you mean business by giving them a date to abide by.
Ginny88
post May 15 2019, 01:50 PM

Regular
1,032 posts

QUOTE(kluseng @ May 15 2019, 09:16 AM)
You need to put more pressure on them for your compensation. Create a Whatsapp flier about your case which can be viralled around and send to them with a notice that you will viral this if they refuse to answer by a specific date. Your Whatsapp flier should be one screen only with 1 or 2 photos and the bare facts plus a link to a more detailed online post.
Yes, do it. Maybe the business is controlled by an Ah Pek who doesn't know the power of social media. Remember the Mercedes hybrid battery costing RM120,000 to replace? After the issue went viral Mercedes was forced to extend the warranty for an additional 4 years and fixed a much lower price of RM50,000 for the battery just to reassure their customers.

TSTRAZE99
post May 16 2019, 07:11 PM

Casual
357 posts

QUOTE(Ginny88 @ May 15 2019, 01:50 PM)
Yes, do it. Maybe the business is controlled by an Ah Pek who doesn't know the power of social media. Remember the Mercedes hybrid battery costing RM120,000 to replace? After the issue went viral Mercedes was forced to extend the warranty for an additional 4 years and fixed a much lower price of RM50,000 for the battery just to reassure their customers.
okey will try to viral tomorrow...will share a link here.
TSTRAZE99
post May 16 2019, 07:15 PM

Casual
357 posts

QUOTE(mars2003 @ May 14 2019, 10:49 PM)
u need give some pressure for your compensation. u do not need wait results. results can be anything and doesnt relate to u.. more to their own production design..
come teach me ....i whatapps the agent...asked when...but sadly only see he read the massage but no rpely.
i feel like they dont want compensate me lao.
mars2003
post May 16 2019, 08:34 PM

Getting Started
122 posts

QUOTE(TRAZE99 @ May 16 2019, 07:15 PM)
come teach me ....i whatapps the agent...asked when...but sadly only see he read the massage but no rpely.
i feel like they dont want compensate me lao.
start by saying u had enough. and u going to report police for further lawsuit
Roman Catholic
post May 17 2019, 05:35 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(mars2003 @ May 16 2019, 08:34 PM)
start by saying u had enough. and u going to report police for further lawsuit
TS before you go on a war rampage, do you have the Sales Invoice or Receipt & Warranty Card, if applicable ?

6 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0177sec    0.60    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:55 PM