Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> closed

views

TSTRAZE99
post May 1 2019, 11:49 AM

Getting Started
289 posts

QUOTE(fireballs @ May 1 2019, 11:00 AM)
Overcharge or short can cause overpressure. From picture looks like one cell kaput. When overpressure the valve should open to release. If not will explode like what we see here.
Please take more pictures of the battery. I am looking for signs of deformation on the overall plastic wall(overcharge)
Short-circuit should only have deformation on one cell wall
No deformation of the battery,all shown as pictured. The battery blow on the right side only.
No overcharged tested again today of 4th machine SC punya ,says good charging even they rev the engine gao gao, on all the accessories.

As for the connection to the battery ,no longgar ,even after exploded,it still hold on tight .need spanar to open when they replace a new battery .

This post has been edited by TRAZE99: May 1 2019, 11:50 AM
TSTRAZE99
post May 1 2019, 11:55 AM

Getting Started
289 posts

Seems like I not the first case .I tried ask in preve whatapss group,seems like a suprima previously also kena,but dint manage to get picture.

Attached Image

This older a bit

Attached Image

fireballs
post May 1 2019, 12:19 PM

2,965 posts

QUOTE(TRAZE99 @ May 1 2019, 11:49 AM)
No deformation of the battery,all shown as pictured. The battery blow on the right side only.
No overcharged tested again today of 4th machine SC punya ,says good charging even they rev the engine gao gao, on all the accessories.

As for the connection to the battery ,no longgar ,even after exploded,it still hold on tight .need spanar to open when they replace a new battery .
make sure u have bright clear photo evidence. if so, can say is one cell shorted internally.
Micky78
post May 1 2019, 12:23 PM

Enthusiast
766 posts

QUOTE(Ciypher @ May 1 2019, 07:04 AM)
How are you going to claim your "Labour" compensation from them. You should have sent your car to a professional cleaning company that can clean your car thoroughly and claim from Hitachi. Also send to SC for them to thoroughly access the damaged parts.

Take as many photos as you can. Test again your alternator(second opinion) to cover yourself. I have a feeling that they will claim that your alternator overcharged the battery.

Most likely the exploded battery relief valve failed.
Feel for you bro..
since the seller staff that verified the alternator is in good condition, doubt hitachi will not pay the damages if it's reasonable.

lucky the seller still able to b reach and come... at least he had done his part to assist customer
TSTRAZE99
post May 1 2019, 01:24 PM

Getting Started
289 posts

QUOTE(Micky78 @ May 1 2019, 12:23 PM)
since the seller staff that verified the alternator is in good condition, doubt hitachi will not pay the damages if it's reasonable.

lucky the seller still able to b reach and come... at least he had done his part to assist customer
Today just send to my friends shop check again

Attached Image

Attached Image
kurangak
post May 1 2019, 01:33 PM

certified /k addict
877 posts

wah. ure lucky it didnt combust on fire man.
Roman Catholic
post May 2 2019, 07:51 AM

Casual
469 posts

QUOTE(TRAZE99 @ May 1 2019, 11:55 AM)
Seems like I not the first case .I tried ask in preve whatapss group,seems like a suprima previously also kena,but dint manage to get picture.

Attached Image

This older a bit

Attached Image
Oh my goodness ! Luckily nothing bad happened to you or your loved ones. First time I am reading this.

Were the previous explosions all due to Hitachi Batteries ? Sorry I cannot really identify the battery's brand on a small phone. sad.gif

By the way, I think you should withhold doing any repairs until a detailed damages and compensation has been offered & given out, since the car can still be used.

For Everyone,
Q : How does a pressure relief valve fail ? It's actually just small hole right ? Function of valve is to allow excess pressure within the battery from building up right ? Trying to understand how this valve works and if possible it's design too.

Q : How to test valves to ensure that they are operating properly ? Possible ?

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: May 2 2019, 11:11 AM
fireballs
post May 2 2019, 10:55 AM

2,965 posts

dont put any sticker on the hole, dont use a paint pen to write on the hole
Roman Catholic
post May 2 2019, 11:14 AM

Casual
469 posts

QUOTE(fireballs @ May 2 2019, 10:55 AM)
Think you are spot on. However most of battery manufacturers have labels or stickers above such holes except for a nameless battery in the all new Toyota Innova. Does this means that Toyota knows something which others does not know ?
fireballs
post May 2 2019, 11:56 AM

2,965 posts

manufacturer one ok la..
sometimes is those dealer sticker/warranty sticker.
TSTRAZE99
post May 3 2019, 10:01 AM

Getting Started
289 posts

QUOTE(fireballs @ May 2 2019, 10:55 AM)
What nonsense is this .see pictures, I didn't see they draw on any hole.

Attached Image .

This post has been edited by TRAZE99: May 3 2019, 10:09 AM
TSTRAZE99
post May 3 2019, 07:49 PM

Getting Started
289 posts

Today hitachi Representative did come take picture of the damage.
worst thing i heard (from such a big company) is he offered me just to respray all the damage parts with paint.(which is ridiculous),
same as saying saensung telling their customers they are willing to put plaster all over the wounds due to battery explosion from their phone and consider it as settlement.
i refuse the offer, instead i send the car to sc for damaged checking,get quotation of rm3.2k for replacing of parts. this include radiator, radiator fan motor, gearbox mounting,paint job on rusted engine bay,fusebox, front bracket assembly housing and a bonnet sensor.(all is seriously damaged by the acid)
send the quotation to hitachi guy,waiting for their response.see what they offer me.

will update soon, but some lowyat kaki suggest me to file tribunal if they refused and as a consumer right .

This post has been edited by TRAZE99: May 3 2019, 07:52 PM
kluseng
post May 4 2019, 11:20 AM

Getting Started
65 posts

QUOTE(TRAZE99 @ May 3 2019, 07:49 PM)
Today hitachi Representative did come take picture of the damage.
worst thing i heard (from such a big company) is he offered me just to respray all the damage parts with paint.(which is ridiculous),
same as saying saensung telling their customers they are willing to put plaster all over the wounds due to battery explosion from their phone and consider it as settlement.
i refuse the offer, instead i send the car to sc for damaged checking,get quotation of rm3.2k for replacing of parts. this include radiator, radiator fan motor, gearbox mounting,paint job on rusted engine bay,fusebox, front bracket assembly housing and a bonnet sensor.(all is seriously damaged by the acid)
send the quotation to hitachi guy,waiting for their response.see what they offer me.

will update soon, but some lowyat kaki suggest me to file tribunal if they refused and as a consumer right .
Better than tribunal tell them you will do a Facebook post and viral it if they refuse. Who will dare to use Hitachi battery? The days when consumers are powerless against dodgy manufacturers are gone.

TSTRAZE99
post May 4 2019, 03:19 PM

Getting Started
289 posts

QUOTE(kluseng @ May 4 2019, 11:20 AM)
Better than tribunal tell them you will do a Facebook post and viral it if they refuse. Who will dare to use Hitachi battery? The days when consumers are powerless against dodgy manufacturers are gone.
give them a fews day time to sort out ..cannot,i think i will use facebook lo.please do help me share to for awareness.
speedy3210
post May 4 2019, 07:23 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

QUOTE(TRAZE99 @ May 4 2019, 03:19 PM)
give them a fews day time to sort out ..cannot,i think i will use facebook lo.please do help me share to for awareness.
for this to work, you have to explicitly let them know your FB option. They must inform their mgmt that you are aware and will use FB option if they try to push you aside, i.e. you are no pushover when push come to shove.

If you stay silent for this few days, most likely they will think you are a pushover. do not let that happen.
anon118
post May 4 2019, 08:07 PM

13 posts

I'm just wondering... are we sure this the battery issue? Is it possible that it is maybe;
a) Battery distributor selling fake/non-original batter
b) issue of the car, in this case the Preve?

Anyway, I'm a noob... just thought I would like to spend more time understanding cars... smile.gif
matrix88
post May 12 2019, 04:15 PM

Regular
1,123 posts

QUOTE(TRAZE99 @ May 4 2019, 03:19 PM)
TS, whats the conclusion? they paid you to keep quiet now?
TSTRAZE99
post May 12 2019, 07:41 PM

Getting Started
289 posts

QUOTE(matrix88 @ May 12 2019, 04:15 PM)
TS, whats the conclusion? they paid you to keep quiet now?
no la...i give them a week time to come out with something. abo i start sharing all around the social media.
don't say i dint bagi them chance.
TSTRAZE99
post May 12 2019, 07:44 PM

Getting Started
289 posts

QUOTE(anon118 @ May 4 2019, 08:07 PM)
I'm just wondering... are we sure this the battery issue? Is it possible that it is maybe;
a) Battery distributor selling fake/non-original batter
b) issue of the car, in this case the Preve?

Anyway, I'm a noob... just thought I would like to spend more time understanding cars... smile.gif
my car nothing wrong,wiring,alternator charging fine.i send to sc have them check out.
they even come out written words on paper to support my claim.
i did send a copy to hitachi representative as proof,if he want to start main blame game.(but after i send,he kept quiet).
buddy
post May 12 2019, 08:48 PM

Casual
438 posts

thank you for willing to share on hitachi batt
will avoid at all cost

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0424sec    5.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st November 2019 - 11:35 PM