Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

What pass do I need to get, for my American niece to stay in MY?

views

SUSthrowaway account
post Apr 30 2019, 11:19 AM, updated 5y ago

24 posts

My mum intend to bring her granddaughter (US citizen) back to Malaysia to jaga. I know a visa is not required for short term stay (<90 days). But if we want her to stay for.. say 6 months. Do you know what pass / visa is required?

KLN website all down bangwall.gif
tishaban
post May 3 2019, 03:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

For 6 months you can still leave Malaysia and come back 1-2 days later. A quick trip to Singapore or Thailand would suffice. If it's longer than 6 months then immigration will start questioning so best to contact Wisma Putra in these cases

Be careful when traveling through airports/borders with children when their parents are not around though, make sure you have letters from parents allowing the granddaughter to travel with your mum, way too many human traficking and kidnapping issues out there.

SUSthrowaway account
post May 6 2019, 05:17 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(tishaban @ May 3 2019, 03:45 PM)
For 6 months you can still leave Malaysia and come back 1-2 days later. A quick trip to Singapore or Thailand would suffice. If it's longer than 6 months then immigration will start questioning so best to contact Wisma Putra in these cases

Be careful when traveling through airports/borders with children when their parents are not around though, make sure you have letters from parents allowing the granddaughter to travel with your mum, way too many human traficking and kidnapping issues out there.
Thanks I was planning to do the same. I called KLN and they told me if we want to get a special pass for her then at least one of her parents (must be warganegara) must be present during the application. Have to drop by their office in person.

A border run is also possible so we will do just that. Just once should be alright. Thanks again for the heads up. Our airline also told me the same. Have to prepare a letter of authorization in case requested by custom officers (required if both parents are not accompanying the child).

Case closed!

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0109sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:09 PM