Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Nissan cars: what is your impression?

views

Bjorn1688
post Apr 28 2019, 04:41 PM

Regular
1,920 posts

Nissans make uninspiring cars.

For a while one of the best Nissans were the Micra that was built in Sunderland, really bread and butter car that proved Britain could make a good and reliable car, sold by the shiploads all over EU. Then came the cost-cutting and subsequent Micras weren't that good.

Personally, if I were to buy a Japanese car it would be a Honda or Mazda over a Nissan especially in our domestic market. Most of the Nissans here feel like cars made by a company that only wanted to earn money, none of the products offerings speak of any pride or passion in the products they sold, just plain shit junks.
Bjorn1688
post Apr 30 2019, 05:02 PM

Regular
1,920 posts

I view it that the reason Nissan isn't successful here is because of the distributor.

Mostly focused on bottom of pyramid cars when the market had moved on.

Wish they would bring in the Qashqai and Juke. Definitely would be a CHR, HRV and possibly even a CRV fighter.
Qashqais are among the consistently best selling cars in EU.

For Japanese cars, I will pick a Mazda these days.
Bjorn1688
post May 4 2019, 04:38 AM

Regular
1,920 posts

QUOTE(gld998 @ May 2 2019, 06:48 PM)
U believe paultan, then pigs can fly. Knn they makan sponsor from Nissan, how to tell the truth?
People still read paultan these days??

I thought everyone has moved on since?

Nothing useful on there beyond a rewritten sales brochure. No idea why anyone would bother.
Bjorn1688
post May 6 2019, 04:35 PM

Regular
1,920 posts

QUOTE(gld998 @ May 6 2019, 04:18 PM)
solid. all nissan cars before merger with renault are solid builds
Weird shit, since the alliance most Renault cars became way better than the models they replaced.
Bjorn1688
post May 6 2019, 05:10 PM

Regular
1,920 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ May 6 2019, 04:56 PM)
LOL. Good point...Perhaps that is why they are pissed of with Renault holding so much voting power whole Nissan has little stake and say in the Alliance.

Bit seriously I wonder if there is any care one can take with Nissan Jatco Xtronic CVT to prolong it's usability.
We have to remember one thing, when Renault took over the management of Nissan, Nissan was a near bankrupt company and failing on many fronts.

In fact I remember quite well their cars of that era, they sold the Micra, Almera and Primera all built in Swindon where I spent 1 summer fixing tail lamps. They were plain and boring cars when compared against the competition from Ford and Vauxhall. They were reliable yes but beyond that nothing special about those cars and the Almera I rented I remembered it fondly for consuming a lot of fuel and cheap grey plastics anywhere and everywhere.

CVTs in 2.0l and above engines will always have its issues. Torque is what kills it and in most japanese cars all the torque tend to be at high range so it is no surprise it wears off prematurely.
Bjorn1688
post May 14 2019, 11:54 PM

Regular
1,920 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ May 14 2019, 09:18 PM)
Nissan's vehicle sales in Japan tumbled 18% in March compared to a year earlier, according to the Japan Automobile Dealers Association. Nissan's overall sales fell 10% in the first quarter. In the U.S., Nissan's first quarter sales fell 12%, while Toyota's slipped 5% and Volkswagen's rose 2%.

...Buyers in Japan and France are concerned about resale value, which tends to go down when automakers encounter scandals...

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/International/wi...-ghosn-62997064

Buyers in Malaysia, how?
Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to remove Carlos Ghosn?
Bjorn1688
post May 28 2019, 03:06 PM

Regular
1,920 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ May 27 2019, 10:05 PM)
That really came from nowhere.

Always thought PSA would snatch up FCA as it would have been far more useful to them since it would have provided a quick and easy entry into North America.

Wonder if this signals the end of the alliance and what would happen to Mitsubishi now that Renault has FCA in hand.
Bjorn1688
post May 29 2019, 09:34 PM

Regular
1,920 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ May 29 2019, 08:12 AM)
The more we look.at the deal, the more it dawns on us that it is really a good contingency plan for the shaky and crumbling? Alliance.

Without Nissan whom structurally have the substantial stake in Mitsubishi, just the two FCA and Renault is already huge

user posted image

As the outsider still, FCA's overture is however very politically correct.....
https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/elka...-renault-merger
Got to give it to Renault, they knew how to play their cards and played it very well.

Indirectly told Nissan its either my way or the highway.

It will definitely be a good merger but pity FCA did not choose PSA instead.
Bjorn1688
post May 29 2019, 11:02 PM

Regular
1,920 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ May 29 2019, 10:40 PM)
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/28/business...ult-nissan.html

Newy York times has an interesting coverage. I like the way it ends....
QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ May 29 2019, 10:47 PM)
There really isn't much for them to say yes or no to, in the end both will Nissan to MYOB and where the door is, they should not have disposed off Carlos Ghosn now there are even more hardliners to deal with and with blessing from the French government it seems.

Wonder if it is really as bad as the press are making it out to be on the distrust that's going on, if it is Nissan and Mitsubishi better hope they would be parties to the merger else they will be out of money to develop any new platforms.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0248sec    0.55    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 2nd June 2020 - 07:12 AM