post Apr 27 2019, 03:39 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

Bring back the Silvia and Pulsar GTI-R then Nissan will be great again. 😀
6UE5T
post Apr 28 2019, 08:11 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Apr 28 2019, 06:44 AM)
I am surprised so far no one even talk anything about LEAF when their own survey said one in three SEA consumers is open to buying EV

https://asia.nissannews.com/en/releases/one...ng-electric-car
I don't care at all about those EV or hybrids nonsense. Just give me gasoline and lots of power and I'll be happy! 😂
6UE5T
post Apr 28 2019, 08:35 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Apr 28 2019, 08:20 AM)
But in the EV world they were regarded as the pioneer. So far not even any one have even mentioned that, even the Forbes guy.

Still, it may not be something you care about I reckon, neither do Nissan really ....Look at their bloody dated websites.
https://www.nissan.com.my/vehicles/leaf/overview
Nissan hasn't made any exciting cars in the last decade or so except the GTR. Then their quality also drops, maybe due to being taken over by Renault? I will not buy any Nissan anymore, at least not in the next 3-5 years if they continue making boring mediocre cars like now.
6UE5T
post Apr 28 2019, 07:02 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Apr 28 2019, 04:29 PM)
No surprise.
6UE5T
post May 13 2019, 12:08 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

Glad to finally get rid off my Nissan! laugh.gif
6UE5T
post May 13 2019, 11:44 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(Cryptonoob @ May 13 2019, 08:32 AM)
Which model?
What do you think of 90s Nissan ?
It's Livina.
90s Nissan we're good.
6UE5T
post May 13 2019, 01:40 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(BravoZeroTwo @ May 13 2019, 12:35 PM)
Why, Livina also problematic ?
Not really too problematic or major issues but not that good either especially compared to Toyota that I have also. Some examples:
- Coil plugs already misfiring when mileage only reach just over 50k km. Then after full set replacement, at just over 90k km, again the same problem from one of it. A bit annoying especially since this kind of electrical problem will happen suddenly and due to the stupid intake design, need to open intake just to test and replace them.
- Absorbers already leaking at around 30-40k km.
- Rear brake cylinder already leaked also before reaching 50k km.
- There's some seal in the firewall that already leaking a bit of water to inside the cabin. This has been for a long time.
- Alarm siren already kaput twice. Once replaced under warranty, second time no choice to replace my self last year.
- Aircon coil inside dashboard leaking in just 3 months ownership but this was covered under warranty. Still inconvenience to me.
- Fuel consumption is relatively poor at only 9-10km/ltr considering it's a low powered slow MPV, not sure the fuel is consumed for what! In contrast my son's much faster 1.6ltr 130hp Suzuki Swift driven much more aggressively and my 2.5ltr v6 200+hp Mark X can achieve better fuel consumption!

6UE5T
post May 13 2019, 10:37 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(BravoZeroTwo @ May 13 2019, 08:14 PM)
Do you think all these is because of APM parts used ? What car did you change to, Bro ?
Not sure.
No, not planning any replacement yet. It's an extra unnecessary car now since I don't need MPV anymore. Later if need one more car again, then I'll buy something but surely not going to be Nissan! Unless they reintroduce a new pulsar GTi-R. 😂
6UE5T
post May 14 2019, 11:02 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(Valentino46 @ May 14 2019, 01:23 AM)
my livina serve me damn well though mechanically,mine is face-lifted version manual,there's few occasion i squeeze 8 people up genting with not a hint of struggle,very rev happy engine,especially nice with manual,auto not so much i believe.
but fuel consumption is kinda poor around town,even with manual transmission,struggle to get 10km/l urban. on the other hand i get 19km/l while doing hypermilling long journey.
another thing i must mention is nissan service center are damn bad quality,they deeply scratch my car on 3 occasion,twice in glenmarie once in puchong tpp, the first one happen during my first visit for my 1000km first service, one month old car they already scratch it kow kow,after complaint they repaint that panel for me for the first time,after that they just ignore your complaint
if you send your car to nissan service centre, ORDER THEM NOT TO WASH YOUR CAR, they hire this very unprofessional foreign labor who literally wash your car with bucket of sand water
Well I had my Livina for 8 years so it did do the job I expected out of it aside from the relatively poor FC. Just that I expected a bit better reliability on those items I mentioned above, maybe because I'm spoiled by my Toyota.

To the contrary on the TC services, I thought they're very good! My car never got any damage or scratches, services had been done well with appointments and queuing managed very well too. They even let me brought my own oil. I mainly only went to Chan Sow Lin, then later just 3 times in Klang branch.
6UE5T
post May 15 2019, 02:14 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(BravoZeroTwo @ May 15 2019, 12:58 PM)
Bro, may be you had a lemon unit as a few of my fronds who own GL did not suffer the same like your case.
The coil plug issue is common for Livina. Another rather common issue especially for 2008-2010 Livina is the fuel gauge malfunction, happened just once to mine then normalized by itself.
6UE5T
post Sep 14 2020, 12:25 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Sep 14 2020, 07:19 AM)
https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/198199...inuation-report

Nissan Motor Thailand reportedly wrote to dealers nationwide on Aug 31 announcing that production and distribution of the three models was ending on Sept 1 ( it has ended production of Sylphy, Teana and X-Trail models in Thailand) under a new marketing and sales plan for Thailand, a reliable source confirmed.

The company was placing emphasis on subcompact cars, small multi-purpose vehicles, commercial vehicles and vehicles using alternative energy and electricity, the letter said.

Dealers were advised to stop publicity campaigns and destroy sales promotion material after selling out of the three models.
Pisit Rangsaritwutikul, president of the Thailand Automotive Institute (TAI) under the Industry Ministry, said a change in production lines among car makers during the economic recession caused by the pandemic's impact is normal. They need to adjust themselves to markets in each country.

"I'm not shocked by the news reports," Mr Pisit said. "The parent company will have already carefully considered what car models will be produced to satisfy motorists in different countries."

Mr Pisit said the Thai market has potential for electric vehicles and companies probably see an opportunity for new business directions.

Nissan's decision reflects its plan to adjust car manufacturing in Thailand by moving towards new-generation cars, following a talk with officials at the Industry Ministry.

Nissan is "confident" in Thailand, where it plans to continue its business, Industry Minister Suriya Jungrungreangkit said in an earlier interview after a recent talk with Ramesh Narasimhan, the president of Nissan Motor Thailand.

Nissan is determined to produce both electric and hybrid cars in the long term and has already won support from the Board of Investment through its incentive programmes, Mr Suriya said.

The company's Yokohama-based headquarters announced in May that Nissan's Indonesian plant would be closed as part of a four-year plan to improve business performance.

The closure would make Thailand Nissan's sole production base in Southeast Asia.
Kinda similar direction to Mitsubishi?
6UE5T
post Sep 14 2020, 10:11 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(lansi_raju @ Sep 14 2020, 03:05 PM)
I'm currently looking for 2016/2017 teana 2.0, price seems floating around 60 to 70k-ish.

Would like to have your opinion for this car.

Feedback from my go to mechanic is that this type of car usually consumes petrol like water, engine oil.

So my concern is more towards the maintenance side, will it be problematic compared to Camry or Accord?
Better get the Accord, similar price range but better reliability, and easier to sell.
6UE5T
post Nov 7 2020, 12:57 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(littlefire @ Oct 12 2020, 08:59 AM)
I believe is either Toyota Supra or the Lexus LF series. But price/value wise, Nissan is the one to go.
The new Supra cannot challenge the R35, not even close. It's more the level of Fairlady and even that the new Fairlady 400 might still beat it. Lexus LFA is no longer produced so not a competition anymore, anyway price wise is also in a much higher level altogether. Value wise though is the opposite, R35 value has been rather poor, maybe due to the very expensive maintenance and gearbox issues.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0285sec    0.21    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:11 PM