6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Nissan cars: what is your impression?

views

TSEnergyAnalyst
post May 29 2019, 08:12 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

QUOTE(Bjorn1688 @ May 28 2019, 03:06 PM)
That really came from nowhere.

Always thought PSA would snatch up FCA as it would have been far more useful to them since it would have provided a quick and easy entry into North America.

Wonder if this signals the end of the alliance and what would happen to Mitsubishi now that Renault has FCA in hand.
The more we look.at the deal, the more it dawns on us that it is really a good contingency plan for the shaky and crumbling? Alliance.

Without Nissan whom structurally have the substantial stake in Mitsubishi, just the two FCA and Renault is already huge

user posted image

As the outsider still, FCA's overture is however very politically correct.....

https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/elka...-renault-merger

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: May 29 2019, 08:25 AM
TSEnergyAnalyst
post May 29 2019, 10:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

QUOTE(Bjorn1688 @ May 29 2019, 09:34 PM)
Got to give it to Renault, they knew how to play their cards and played it very well.

Indirectly told Nissan its either my way or the highway.

It will definitely be a good merger but pity FCA did not choose PSA instead.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/28/business...ult-nissan.html

Newy York times has an interesting coverage. I like the way it ends....

“At the end of the day,” said Koji Endo, an auto analyst at SBI Securities in Japan, “I think Nissan has no choice but to say yes.”

TSEnergyAnalyst
post May 29 2019, 10:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/busine...nikkei-11576540

Nissan said yes...Kind of?!
TSEnergyAnalyst
post May 29 2019, 11:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...crosstown-rival

Peugeot Chief Sees Fiat Deal as ‘Virtual Takeover’ of Renault
TSEnergyAnalyst
post May 30 2019, 06:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

QUOTE(Bjorn1688 @ May 29 2019, 11:02 PM)
There really isn't much for them to say yes or no to, in the end both will Nissan to MYOB and where the door is, they should not have disposed off Carlos Ghosn now there are even more hardliners to deal with and with blessing from the French government it seems.

Wonder if it is really as bad as the press are making it out to be on the distrust that's going on, if it is Nissan and Mitsubishi better hope they would be parties to the merger else they will be out of money to develop any new platforms.
QUOTE(Oldskolboyz @ May 30 2019, 05:27 AM)
According to news read in Paul Tan.. Nissan R&D budget has been cut by Renault so long.. No wonder Nissan very bad for so long edi..
I think Nissan see this as an opportunity too

Nissan officially said no objection, and I can see why

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-fiat...0529-story.html

The Los Angeles Times
BUSINESS
Renault and Nissan enter talks over proposed Fiat Chrysler merger
By MA JIE AND MAIKO TAKAHASHI
BLOOMBERG
MAY 29, 2019 | 12:35 PM

Renault and Nissan enter talks over proposed Fiat Chrysler merger
Renault Chairman Jean-Dominique Senard, left, speaks as Nissan CEO Hiroto Saikawa listens during a joint March 12 press conference at the Nissan headquarters in Yokohama, near Tokyo. (Eugene Hoshiko / AP)
Renault Chairman Jean-Dominique Senard arrived in Tokyo with a crucial mission: to sell the proposed merger between Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and his company to longtime partner Nissan Motor Co.

There are signs he made some progress Wednesday at a meeting of the board overseeing the alliance between Nissan, Renault and Mitsubishi Motors Corp. Speaking to reporters after the gathering, Nissan Chief Executive Officer Hiroto Saikawa said he sees potential opportunities for the alliance in Fiat Chrysler’s merger proposal, though he plans to study the matter further.

“In terms of the benefits for Nissan, we want to see specifically where they will come from,” Saikawa said. “Overall, we don’t consider this as a minus, but we want to watch carefully how things go.”

Under the terms of the Fiat proposal, Nissan will gain voting rights of 7.5% in the new entity, compared with no voting rights attached to its current cross-held shares in Renault. A merger would also dilute the French state’s control over Renault, and indirectly over Nissan, easing a concern the Japanese company has had for years.

Senard’s goal is to ensure that they all work well together. Although Nissan and Renault have been partners for two decades, the Japanese automaker isn’t in a position to block the deal. Nissan doesn’t own a controlling stake in the French company, and a merger wouldn’t breach their operating agreement.

Even so, Nissan is a critical part of what would be a global carmaking confederation that would produce 15 million cars a year, the most in the world. Renault and Fiat both need Nissan to facilitate access to markets in China, Japan and the rest of Asia, as well as electric-car technology.

The three-way alliance issued a statement saying that they held an "open and transparent discussion" on the merger proposal. "The meeting also discussed and positively concluded several current operational alliance matters,” the partners said.

“Senard has to convince the board members of Nissan this is probably a better idea for Nissan,” said Koji Endo, an analyst at SBI Securities in Tokyo. “He will have to reassure not only Nissan but also the Japanese government that Nissan will remain as one independent company, because that’s their primary concern.”

Renault’s board is expected to give preliminary approval to Fiat’s proposal as soon as next week, according to people familiar with the matter. While Fiat and Renault aren’t seeking a merger with Nissan for now, the companies plan to eventually invite Nissan and Mitsubishi Motors to join forces, they said.

“The benefits that would accrue from a combination of Groupe Renault and FCA, we believe, would also extend to the alliance partners Mitsubishi and Nissan,” Fiat Chrysler told its dealers and suppliers Monday. “We look forward to engaging with them on even greater, mutually beneficial opportunities.”

At stake is the companies’ ability to compete as the industry faces multiple challenges. With sales falling in the world’s biggest car markets, manufacturers are being pushed by regulators to electrify and reduce fleet emissions, forcing them to combine efforts and investments. They also need to spend heavily on self-driving technology or risk getting left behind by new, deep-pocketed competitors like Alphabet Inc.’s Waymo.

Although Renault owns a 43% stake in Nissan, the Japanese automaker is the bigger partner by sales and owns 15% of Renault, with no voting rights. Nissan sold 5.65 million cars last year, more than Renault’s 3.88 million units, but its profitability has been on the decline.

Hurt by slumping U.S. sales, aging vehicle models and an out-of-sync product cycle, the Japanese automaker issued an outlook for weak operating profit and cut its dividend for the first time in a decade.

The alliance was destabilized six months ago with the arrest of Carlos Ghosn, its architect and chairman, in connection with alleged financial crimes during his time as leader of the Japanese carmaker. Ghosn has denied all of the charges and is preparing for his trial, which will probably start next year.

Senard, who replaced Ghosn as chairman of Renault and the alliance, has sought to put the three automakers back on stable ground following his predecessor’s arrest. He worked earlier this year with Nissan to craft a new governance structure to oversee the partnership, giving up key concessions over board seats to assuage concerns by the Yokohama-based company.

Although Senard had been prodding Saikawa to consider further consolidation under a holding company structure, that’s now on hold. Eventually, they plan to invite the Japanese automaker to deepen ties, people with knowledge of the matter said.

Saikawa, who had rebuffed any talk of merging, now appears to be shifting his message. Talks between the European car companies will bring more opportunities and be positive for the future, Nissan’s CEO said. “It’s better if the alliance’s reach expands,” he said.

TSEnergyAnalyst
post May 31 2019, 08:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

https://www.thedriven.io/2019/05/29/new-nis...safety-ratings/

New Nissan Leaf electric car gets five stars in Australian safety ratings
Bridie Schmidt Bridie Schmidt
2 days ago
Source: ANCAP
Source: ANCAP

The new all-electric Nissan Leaf, which is due to hit the Australian market in August of this year, has received the maximum safety rating from Australia’s new car safety assessment body, ANCAP.

The Leaf, which last year was given an upgraded 40kWh battery taking its driving range up to 315km on the NEDC cycle (in real world driving conditions this is expected to be more like 240km), has been recognised in the US as the cheapest electric car to own over a 5 year period.

As one of Australia’s most affordable electric cars (it has been slated to start at just under $A50,000 before on road costs when it goes on sale in a few months), the new safety rating will be another drawcard for drivers looking for safety as well as reduced emissions and running costs.

The rating, which was officially posted on the ANCAP website on Tuesday, applies to the new 2019 Leaf that will be introduced in Australia as well as the 2018 Nissan Leaf that has been available in New Zealand since last year.

With a 100% rating for side impact for both adults and children and 100% rating for pole (oblique) impacts (this is not measured for children), the Nissan Leaf achieved a 95% overall rating for adult occupants and 85% overall rating for child occupants.......

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: May 31 2019, 08:26 AM
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jun 6 2019, 09:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2019/06/0...t/#.XPhvA8nmg0M

Fiat Chrysler withdraws merger offer for Renault after France fails to win Nissan's outright support
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 29 2019, 11:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com...ake-a-deal/amp/

wink.gif
The Nissan Brand Message Is 'Let's Make A Deal'
wink.gif
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Sep 14 2020, 07:21 AM
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 14 2020, 07:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/198199...inuation-report

Nissan Motor Thailand reportedly wrote to dealers nationwide on Aug 31 announcing that production and distribution of the three models was ending on Sept 1 ( it has ended production of Sylphy, Teana and X-Trail models in Thailand) under a new marketing and sales plan for Thailand, a reliable source confirmed.

The company was placing emphasis on subcompact cars, small multi-purpose vehicles, commercial vehicles and vehicles using alternative energy and electricity, the letter said.

Dealers were advised to stop publicity campaigns and destroy sales promotion material after selling out of the three models.

Pisit Rangsaritwutikul, president of the Thailand Automotive Institute (TAI) under the Industry Ministry, said a change in production lines among car makers during the economic recession caused by the pandemic's impact is normal. They need to adjust themselves to markets in each country.

"I'm not shocked by the news reports," Mr Pisit said. "The parent company will have already carefully considered what car models will be produced to satisfy motorists in different countries."

Mr Pisit said the Thai market has potential for electric vehicles and companies probably see an opportunity for new business directions.

Nissan's decision reflects its plan to adjust car manufacturing in Thailand by moving towards new-generation cars, following a talk with officials at the Industry Ministry.

Nissan is "confident" in Thailand, where it plans to continue its business, Industry Minister Suriya Jungrungreangkit said in an earlier interview after a recent talk with Ramesh Narasimhan, the president of Nissan Motor Thailand.

Nissan is determined to produce both electric and hybrid cars in the long term and has already won support from the Board of Investment through its incentive programmes, Mr Suriya said.

The company's Yokohama-based headquarters announced in May that Nissan's Indonesian plant would be closed as part of a four-year plan to improve business performance.

The closure would make Thailand Nissan's sole production base in Southeast Asia.

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Sep 14 2020, 07:31 AM
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 14 2020, 10:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Sep 14 2020, 12:25 PM)
Kinda similar direction to Mitsubishi?
Not really,

The way I see it, Nisan will be rebadging Mitsubishi Models, e.g.

https://autonetmagz.com/nissan-ingin-ekspor...-di-asia/89886/

The Xpander reworked as Livina.

Check it out....LOL
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 15 2020, 10:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

QUOTE(JoeK @ Sep 15 2020, 08:49 AM)
wait, if the new sylphy not coming to Thailand, then for sure it wont come to Malaysia?  hmm.gif  hmm.gif
Nissan has been reported to focus more on China with their partner there as their plan goes, I think Sylphy may not come back to South East Asia anytime soon.

The plan for South East Asia, it may only be MPV, SUV, pick up, hybrid and Electric

Kick should comes in Malaysia after new Almera , that is more certain.

New Xtrail could be the most probable next entry after that but time line is very very very uncertain
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 15 2020, 11:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

QUOTE(JoeK @ Sep 15 2020, 11:02 AM)
Nissan Kicks confirmed coming dy? any source?
https://www.carlist.my/news/highly-anticipa...21-80068/80068/

This year or next according to Carlist lah
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 16 2020, 01:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

QUOTE(greyshadow @ Sep 15 2020, 03:21 PM)
unfortunately it's another way round, there's no Nissan Malaysia here
it's Nissan Japan "controlling" TCM here
They are the one who decided what model & what spec that TCM can sell locally

If the Kicks are going to launch in M'sia, it's not because TCM decided to bring them in, but it's the old farts sitting in Yokohama HQ that decided M'sia should get it
Yeah, just like how they have end it all wth TC in Vietnam.

https://www.thestar.com.my/business/busines...eal-not-renewed

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/business/compa...or-4162102.html

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Sep 20 2020, 08:51 AM
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 18 2020, 10:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/09/1...san-auto-sales/

Nissan last line of defence: China, no kidding.

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Sep 18 2020, 11:02 PM
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 21 2020, 09:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

https://wheels.ph/nissan-warns-dont-watch-our-new-brand/

https://news.yahoo.com/nissan-launches-dari...-000000303.html

Yahoo News

Carmudi
Nissan launches ‘Daring’ Brand Campaign for Asia, Oceania
Ruben Manahan IV
September 11, 2020, 8:00 am

Nissan Asia and Oceania is warning those who are expecting a conventional marketing approach to not see their latest brand campaign.

The latest campaign, themed under "Dare the impossible", can now be viewed on their new brand websites for Australia, Thailand and Philippines. The said program is launched first in the aforementioned countries, together with Indonesia, and will continue across other markets.

Such measure would boost the strategy that Nissan in the Philippines launched earlier in the digital landscape, the first Nissan virtual showroom in the Asia and Oceania region. Nissan Philippines President and Managing Director Atsushi Najima said that the latest initiative is to show the brand’s efforts to meet the ever-changing demands of its customers.

The brand reveals its bolder digital-first direction, which has surpassed 93 million views for their first brand-led video in the region.

Nirmal Nair, Vice President of Marketing, Nissan Asia and Oceania, claimed that the latest campaign is far from the strategy that they have put into play.

“Do not expect the Nissan you think you know,” he said. “Today we have a new attitude, new look, new swag, new services, new cars. Brands need to be genuine to themselves. That’s why Nissan has taken this bold step. Daring to be different is in Nissan’s DNA. Our rich history of invention and ‘world-firsts’ defines our innovative present and, now, our promise of a bold future. This campaign is aligned to this direction.”

“We warn those who want traditional approaches to please not watch our new Nissan Brand campaign or they will be disappointed,” Nair added.

Described as a “disruptive” approach, Nissan Asia and Oceania’s Dare the Impossible campaign is a multi-platform strategy that targets to “excite prospects and drive them to the newly structured website, “where they can explore the real Nissan and its proven heritage of game-changing innovations, pioneering technology and its consumer relevance across the region.”

“Building a thriving brand is our top priority, backed by our strategy to be the innovative challenger – supported by electrifying one in four vehicles in Asia and Oceania under our mid-term plan,” Nair explained.

“This campaign aims to ignite the Nissan Brand in the region and paves the way for how Nissan will evolve in the region and our vision for the immediate future which will encompass marketing, sales, consumer touchpoints, dealer network, after sales and communications. All coming campaigns will embody the same Nissan spirit of daring. We are proud to be boldly shaping an innovative and human-centric future for Nissan in Asia and Oceania,” he added.

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Oct 10 2020, 06:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/199979...-to-meet-demand

demand
PUBLISHED : 10 OCT 2020 AT 04:00

NEWSPAPER SECTION: BUSINESS

Nissan is expanding its production in Thailand for popular models like the Kicks e-Power SUV.

Nissan is ramping up production at its manufacturing facilities in Samut Prakan because of increased demand for vehicles produced in Thailand.

The company aims to hire over 2,000 people at its production hub in Asean.

"The increased production comes on the heels of growing exports, in particular for the Nissan Kicks e-Power and Nissan Navara," said Ramesh Narasimhan, president of Nissan in Thailand. "Within Thailand, we also see strong demand for the all-new Nissan Almera, the urban sedan, and the Kicks e-Power."

The rise in production comes after the company had to halt operations at one of its plants in April and May during the nationwide lockdown when demand for cars plummeted.

The Nissan plants near Bangkok export to more than 100 countries.

Nissan recently made a multi-billion-baht investment to enable production of e-Power technology in Thailand, the first location outside Japan.

Kicks e-Power is Nissan's proprietary tech that gives customers the electric vehicle driving experience without the need to charge.

The Thailand facilities produce the Kicks e-Power for the domestic market, as well as for customers in Japan, Singapore and Indonesia.

"The increased demand for Thailand-made vehicles demonstrates the quality of our team and our products," Mr Narasimhan said. "Nissan's investment and additional job creation will positively contribute towards the automotive supply chain and the Thai economy."

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Oct 10 2020, 09:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/15/success/niss...-car/index.html

Z Proto...

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Oct 10 2020, 09:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

https://www.thecarconnection.com/news/11298...-crossover-suvs

So far the vote is new Nissan Rogue > Toyota RAV4

It is a shame only the latter is available here
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Nov 7 2020, 10:00 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/201487...l-plan-for-2021

Plan for EV production for local Thai market and exporting (Ariya please come!)
Hiring 2,000 new
Thailand Plan hmm.gif

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Nov 7 2020, 10:02 AM
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Feb 28 2021, 03:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/206276...ges-thai-ev-hub

Nissan pledges Thai EV hub
PUBLISHED : 5 FEB 2021 AT 04:06

NEWSPAPER SECTION: BUSINESS

WRITER: LAMONPHET APISITNIRAN
user posted image

Japanese automaker Nissan believes its E-Power technology will encourage people to buy more electric vehicles.

Nissan Asean has invested billions of baht as part of its plan to help make Thailand an electric vehicle (EV) hub for export worldwide, expecting up to 250 million EVs will hit the streets in Asean.

In a virtual conference on Thursday, Nissan Asean did not unveil the amount of the outlay, saying only it will gradually allocate budget for the plan.

The company also did not specify when the number of EVs will reach 250 million, but cited the latest opinion survey by Frost & Sullivan Co that said 66% of 3,000 people interviewed in six Asean countries, including Thailand, said they expect EVs to eventually dominate the market.

"EV is becoming a mainstream technology to help protect the world environment," said Isao Sekiguchi, regional vice-president of Nissan Asean.

Mr Sekiguchi said Thailand is the first country in Asean that attracted Nissan to invest in the EV business.

The company already developed a domestic supply chain here after relocating its production facilities from Indonesia.

The Yokohama-based car manufacturer aims to use its "E-Power" technology to generate sales.

The technology has a built-in generator that operates while the car is running, keeping electricity in the battery so drivers do not have to charge their vehicles.

Some 76% of Thais interviewed said a lack of EV charging outlets in residential areas is a major hindrance to EV purchases, while 47% said they are worried about the availability of charging facilities in public, said Vivek Vaidya, senior vice-president for intelligent mobility at Frost & Sullivan Asia-Pacific.

His company conducted a survey in Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia and the Philippines, and interviewed 500 people in Hong Kong.

It found younger people in the countries surveyed are interested in buying EVs in the next three years.

The Thai government set a target to have EVs comprise 30% of total car production by 2030 in a bid to reduce air pollutants, notably PM2.5 dust.

"The government knows it needs to do more to reach this goal, using such measures as excise tax reduction," said Dusit Anantarak, senior expert at the Office of Industrial Economics.

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Mar 7 2021, 12:58 AM

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0223sec    0.38    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:06 PM