Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Nissan cars: what is your impression?

views

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jun 6 2019, 09:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,273 posts

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2019/06/0...t/#.XPhvA8nmg0M

Fiat Chrysler withdraws merger offer for Renault after France fails to win Nissan's outright support
boarulez
post Jun 10 2019, 10:18 PM

Casual
357 posts

Guys I’m still considering Serena or Toyota estima, I’m in the car field , my mechanic and used car salesman friends all do not recommend me to buy a Nissan car because it’s not reliable and the parts is expensive. But the Serena is quite tempting and estima is a recon car . Still considering .

This post has been edited by boarulez: Jun 10 2019, 10:19 PM
kkkw80
post Jun 10 2019, 10:20 PM

Tan Sri Member
972 posts

QUOTE(boarulez @ Jun 10 2019, 10:18 PM)
Guys I’m still considering Serena or Toyota estima, I’m in the car field , my mechanic and used car salesman friends all do not recommend me to buy a Nissan car because it’s not reliable and the parts is expensive. But the Serena is quite tempting . Still considering .
I’ve owned both brand cars before, I totally agree with your mechanic advise bro
Kitty_catts
post Jun 12 2019, 01:25 PM

Getting Started
123 posts

QUOTE(boarulez @ Jun 10 2019, 10:18 PM)
Guys I’m still considering Serena or Toyota estima, I’m in the car field , my mechanic and used car salesman friends all do not recommend me to buy a Nissan car because it’s not reliable and the parts is expensive. But the Serena is quite tempting and estima is a recon car . Still considering .
Agree.. reliability of toyota is way more guaranteed. Experience from all these different brands my family is using.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 29 2019, 11:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,273 posts

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com...ake-a-deal/amp/

wink.gif
The Nissan Brand Message Is 'Let's Make A Deal'
wink.gif
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Sep 14 2020, 07:21 AM
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 14 2020, 07:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,273 posts

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/198199...inuation-report

Nissan Motor Thailand reportedly wrote to dealers nationwide on Aug 31 announcing that production and distribution of the three models was ending on Sept 1 ( it has ended production of Sylphy, Teana and X-Trail models in Thailand) under a new marketing and sales plan for Thailand, a reliable source confirmed.

The company was placing emphasis on subcompact cars, small multi-purpose vehicles, commercial vehicles and vehicles using alternative energy and electricity, the letter said.

Dealers were advised to stop publicity campaigns and destroy sales promotion material after selling out of the three models.

Pisit Rangsaritwutikul, president of the Thailand Automotive Institute (TAI) under the Industry Ministry, said a change in production lines among car makers during the economic recession caused by the pandemic's impact is normal. They need to adjust themselves to markets in each country.

"I'm not shocked by the news reports," Mr Pisit said. "The parent company will have already carefully considered what car models will be produced to satisfy motorists in different countries."

Mr Pisit said the Thai market has potential for electric vehicles and companies probably see an opportunity for new business directions.

Nissan's decision reflects its plan to adjust car manufacturing in Thailand by moving towards new-generation cars, following a talk with officials at the Industry Ministry.

Nissan is "confident" in Thailand, where it plans to continue its business, Industry Minister Suriya Jungrungreangkit said in an earlier interview after a recent talk with Ramesh Narasimhan, the president of Nissan Motor Thailand.

Nissan is determined to produce both electric and hybrid cars in the long term and has already won support from the Board of Investment through its incentive programmes, Mr Suriya said.

The company's Yokohama-based headquarters announced in May that Nissan's Indonesian plant would be closed as part of a four-year plan to improve business performance.

The closure would make Thailand Nissan's sole production base in Southeast Asia.

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Sep 14 2020, 07:31 AM
ayamxxx
post Sep 14 2020, 08:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

Until the TCM is still there controling Nissan Malaysia, better buy other brand.

Famous case of CVT warranty claim on X-Trail by many user. Btw their cvt also not so reliable vs others from overseas markets
6UE5T
post Sep 14 2020, 12:25 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Sep 14 2020, 07:19 AM)
https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/198199...inuation-report

Nissan Motor Thailand reportedly wrote to dealers nationwide on Aug 31 announcing that production and distribution of the three models was ending on Sept 1 ( it has ended production of Sylphy, Teana and X-Trail models in Thailand) under a new marketing and sales plan for Thailand, a reliable source confirmed.

The company was placing emphasis on subcompact cars, small multi-purpose vehicles, commercial vehicles and vehicles using alternative energy and electricity, the letter said.

Dealers were advised to stop publicity campaigns and destroy sales promotion material after selling out of the three models.
Pisit Rangsaritwutikul, president of the Thailand Automotive Institute (TAI) under the Industry Ministry, said a change in production lines among car makers during the economic recession caused by the pandemic's impact is normal. They need to adjust themselves to markets in each country.

"I'm not shocked by the news reports," Mr Pisit said. "The parent company will have already carefully considered what car models will be produced to satisfy motorists in different countries."

Mr Pisit said the Thai market has potential for electric vehicles and companies probably see an opportunity for new business directions.

Nissan's decision reflects its plan to adjust car manufacturing in Thailand by moving towards new-generation cars, following a talk with officials at the Industry Ministry.

Nissan is "confident" in Thailand, where it plans to continue its business, Industry Minister Suriya Jungrungreangkit said in an earlier interview after a recent talk with Ramesh Narasimhan, the president of Nissan Motor Thailand.

Nissan is determined to produce both electric and hybrid cars in the long term and has already won support from the Board of Investment through its incentive programmes, Mr Suriya said.

The company's Yokohama-based headquarters announced in May that Nissan's Indonesian plant would be closed as part of a four-year plan to improve business performance.

The closure would make Thailand Nissan's sole production base in Southeast Asia.
Kinda similar direction to Mitsubishi?
lansi_raju
post Sep 14 2020, 03:05 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

I'm currently looking for 2016/2017 teana 2.0, price seems floating around 60 to 70k-ish.

Would like to have your opinion for this car.

Feedback from my go to mechanic is that this type of car usually consumes petrol like water, engine oil.

So my concern is more towards the maintenance side, will it be problematic compared to Camry or Accord?
Jessieccy
post Sep 14 2020, 06:20 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(lansi_raju @ Sep 14 2020, 03:05 PM)
I'm currently looking for 2016/2017 teana 2.0, price seems floating around 60 to 70k-ish.

Feedback from my go to mechanic is that this type of car usually consumes petrol like water, engine oil.

So my concern is more towards the maintenance side, will it be problematic compared to Camry or Accord?
Not too sure. But reports have said the CVT is not that reliable. Most Nissan workshops recommend adding a CVT cooler to prevent malfunction. Perhaps you could look at "Jtech autoserv" FB. They have many own made solutions to care for Nissan cars, most are Sylphy. Other than that, you need to wait for other owners.

This post has been edited by Jessieccy: Sep 14 2020, 06:24 PM
Oldskolboyz
post Sep 14 2020, 07:59 PM

Regular
1,422 posts

Nissan will kick out Jatco CVT start next year 2021..
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/jatco-cv...er-143841.html..

Even new X-Trail has same prob.. Jatco CVT Engineering Design totally failed..
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid...100012712592837

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlem...cted%20vehicles.

This post has been edited by Oldskolboyz: Sep 14 2020, 08:12 PM
SleeplessEyes
post Sep 14 2020, 09:28 PM

I'm me bro, let me be me
2,390 posts

It's sad to see after the merger, Nissan lost its original philosophy.
I mean - Gone are the days of Datsun cars. Datsun 120Y, Sunny 130y, Vanette. Just to name a few . (Please do list down some of the classics I missed out).
Yes I know we are in the modern age.

Just what if, example, a Nissan Sunny 130y can be modernised slightly. Slight redesign to the body work but retain its classic look.
Acoen
post Sep 14 2020, 10:03 PM

Getting Started
219 posts

QUOTE(SleeplessEyes @ Sep 14 2020, 11:28 PM)
I mean - Gone are the days of Datsun cars. Datsun 120Y, Sunny 130y, Vanette. Just to name a few . (Please do list down some of the classics I missed out).

Just what if, example, a Nissan Sunny 130y can be modernised slightly. Slight redesign to the body work but retain its classic look.
Nissan Sentra B13 aka genting taxi
6UE5T
post Sep 14 2020, 10:11 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(lansi_raju @ Sep 14 2020, 03:05 PM)

Better get the Accord, similar price range but better reliability, and easier to sell.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 14 2020, 10:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,273 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Sep 14 2020, 12:25 PM)
Kinda similar direction to Mitsubishi?
Not really,

The way I see it, Nisan will be rebadging Mitsubishi Models, e.g.

https://autonetmagz.com/nissan-ingin-ekspor...-di-asia/89886/

The Xpander reworked as Livina.

Check it out....LOL
Lanchio
post Sep 14 2020, 11:32 PM

Casual
347 posts

QUOTE(SleeplessEyes @ Sep 14 2020, 09:28 PM)

For me, it's the Cefiro V6. Last of the great Nissan. That V6 was something else. Once drove a friend's 2.0 V6 with six adults (for a short trip to the mamak) and that Cefiro was pulling away from standstill !!
SleeplessEyes
post Sep 15 2020, 08:30 AM

I'm me bro, let me be me
2,390 posts

QUOTE(Lanchio @ Sep 14 2020, 11:32 PM)
For me, it's the Cefiro V6. Last of the great Nissan. That V6 was something else. Once drove a friend's 2.0 V6 with six adults (for a short trip to the mamak) and that Cefiro was pulling away from standstill !!
Really? I thought they always say the 2.0L version is the most under-powered version in Cefiro unlike it's 3.0L brother. smile.gif
Oh well, that's the last V6 (or in-line 6) we will see in Cefiros. Now all boring 4 cylinder engines.

But if I would quote legendary engines, will be the RB-series. RB20 RB 25 etc.
Cefiro A31 once had a RB20E (SOHC non turbo) and that car is very popular in becoming a monstrous drift machine.

QUOTE(Acoen @ Sep 14 2020, 10:03 PM)
Nissan Sentra B13 aka genting taxi
Haha yeah...the B13. I think most of the B13 has gone to the scrap yard. Rare car.
After that its the B14 before switching completely to a totally new Sentra which is N16.

littlefire
post Sep 15 2020, 08:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,146 posts

QUOTE(lansi_raju @ Sep 14 2020, 04:05 PM)

My advise, direct get the 2.5L V6 model. This model got the less issue as it got built in with CVT cooler and all the best in that Teana generation.
This model is also recommended by a friend of mine working in Nissan SC and also my mechanic. The only complain is the driving is a bit bored, too comfort.

This post has been edited by littlefire: Sep 15 2020, 08:44 AM
JoeK
post Sep 15 2020, 08:49 AM

Enthusiast
984 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Sep 14 2020, 10:18 PM)
Not really,

The way I see it, Nisan will be rebadging Mitsubishi Models, e.g.

https://autonetmagz.com/nissan-ingin-ekspor...-di-asia/89886/

The Xpander reworked as Livina.

Check it out....LOL
wait, if the new sylphy not coming to Thailand, then for sure it wont come to Malaysia? hmm.gif hmm.gif
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 15 2020, 10:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,273 posts

QUOTE(JoeK @ Sep 15 2020, 08:49 AM)
wait, if the new sylphy not coming to Thailand, then for sure it wont come to Malaysia?  hmm.gif  hmm.gif
Nissan has been reported to focus more on China with their partner there as their plan goes, I think Sylphy may not come back to South East Asia anytime soon.

The plan for South East Asia, it may only be MPV, SUV, pick up, hybrid and Electric

Kick should comes in Malaysia after new Almera , that is more certain.

New Xtrail could be the most probable next entry after that but time line is very very very uncertain

15 Pages « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0213sec    0.23    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:09 AM