Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Juggling between job offer

views

SUSprincesshigh
post Apr 24 2019, 05:33 PM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
59 posts

Currently I am working in Company A. The salary is very low and I really hate working here.

I received a job offer from Company B today. the salary offered is what I expected. However, the job scope is not what I am looking forward for career advancement in the future. The deadline for my decision to accept the offer or not is on Monday.

However I went to job interview at Company C last week and I still have yet to hear from them. I really want to work in Company C as it offers better salary than Company B and better stepping stone for me to advance my career. I got a positive feedback from interview session and I am really looking forward to get that job offer. I called this company just now to find out that they are still processing the applications and person-in-charge is currently on leave.

Right now I am on the fence whether I want to accept the offer from Company B or not. If I don't accept that offer, I will miss an opportunity for better salary increment.

What should I do?
lmaowtf123
post Apr 24 2019, 06:01 PM

17 posts

Few scenarios for you to consider.

1. How many % jump from Company A to Company B since you said it met your expected salary? If less than 25% then consider to let it go. since you say the scope is not within what you want. Work for 1 year it might become just another Company A for you which you will hate to work there

2. Company C is what you want, highly recommend you to join this, at least in the long run the scope is within what you want. Best scenario is the salary matched Company B too

Conclusion:-
If you have holding power, then just wait for Company C and go for other few companies DEFG for interviews.
Else join Company B for higher salary but need to set the expectations that you might hate it or consider to jump again in another few months if you totally don't like it (which in turn will create a gap in your resume etc.).
SUSprincesshigh
post Apr 24 2019, 06:08 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

QUOTE(lmaowtf123 @ Apr 24 2019, 06:01 PM)
Few scenarios for you to consider.

1. How many % jump from Company A to Company B since you said it met your expected salary? If less than 25% then consider to let it go. since you say the scope is not within what you want. Work for 1 year it might become just another Company A for you which you will hate to work there

2. Company C is what you want, highly recommend you to join this, at least in the long run the scope is within what you want. Best scenario is the salary matched Company B too

Conclusion:-
If you have holding power, then just wait for Company C and go for other few companies DEFG for interviews.
Else join Company B for higher salary but need to set the expectations that you might hate it or consider to jump again in another few months if you totally don't like it (which in turn will create a gap in your resume etc.).
It's actually more than 40% salary increment from Company A to Company B.
Company C will offer salary more than Company B

Thanks for reply anyway biggrin.gif
devil_x
post Apr 24 2019, 11:43 PM

Casual
483 posts

I'd say stick to the mission. Slowly pick ur preferred company. If you think B is not good for long term, then don't take it. Else u regret and repeat the same thing.
Pete the great
post Apr 25 2019, 08:41 AM

On my way
519 posts

QUOTE(princesshigh @ Apr 24 2019, 05:33 PM)
Currently I am working in Company A. The salary is very low and I really hate working here.

I received a job offer from Company B today. the salary offered is what I expected. However, the job scope is not what I am looking forward for career advancement in the future. The deadline for my decision to accept the offer or not is on Monday.

However I went to job interview at Company C last week and I still have yet to hear from them. I really want to work in Company C as it offers better salary than Company B and better stepping stone for me to advance my career. I got a positive feedback from interview session and I am really looking forward to get that job offer. I called this company just now to find out that they are still processing the applications and person-in-charge is currently on leave.

Right now I am on the fence whether I want to accept the offer from Company B or not. If I don't accept that offer, I will miss an opportunity for better salary increment.

What should I do?
Sometimes decisions need to make a brave step

Do it n not regret

U r not keen on co b so no point to accept

Co A not force u out just pay sucks so no rush to leave

U can still sustain ur job at co A

So nothing wrong with waiting

If co C reject don’t be disappointed

I also went through that but waited another few months and got better offer
WaCKy-Angel
post Apr 25 2019, 08:58 AM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,509 posts

QUOTE(princesshigh @ Apr 24 2019, 06:08 PM)
It's actually more than 40% salary increment from Company A to Company B.
Company C will offer salary more than Company B

Thanks for reply anyway biggrin.gif
I would say go for B while waiting for C even if dont get C u still have higher salary and that is one of the criteria when u jump again next time.
flumx91
post Apr 25 2019, 09:07 AM

Getting Started
203 posts

QUOTE(princesshigh @ Apr 24 2019, 05:33 PM)

What should I do?
For me, reject co B if you're not that desperate to get pay hike ASAP as the experience working there would not do as much benefit for your career growth(because the scope is diff, right?). But at the same time, just go interview at other companies that would give you the job scope that you want. So you would not just rely on company C's respond only.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0128sec    0.39    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:17 PM