views

dares
post May 8 2019, 08:50 PM

Enthusiast
827 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ May 8 2019, 07:07 PM)
I think if the stroller is foldable should be ok

Then there's also foldable seats.

But if heavy shopping and/or many kids or maybe boot already have junk, then could be hard

But I think with the facelift, Iriz Target audience shouldn't be towards parents.

Family car should be the Persona
My Fiesta boot bigger than both cars also just enough space for foldable stroller lol. Fold down rear seats Liao where to put baby seat laugh.gif cukur I got another sedan for baby duties.

Just FYI for those looking at either cars and planning to start a family soon.
MichaelJohn
post May 9 2019, 08:12 AM

Pan Paka Pan <3
2,514 posts

QUOTE(jVIPERs2 @ May 7 2019, 04:34 PM)
Most if not all of your worries like low quality workmanship during servicing and the overall build quality of their cars like their punch gb have been addressed since the company became BaoTeng. The issues with available part stocks, normally only on those before Wira time or for the imported X70. I've owned the Gen2 for 10 years and have never had problems with parts (but Proton Parts Centre is accessible to me, so maybe it's a factor).

There's a lot to improve in terms of after sales on Proton's part. Mainly the attitude and the long wait/efficiency/dedication.

Since you've been a loyal Perodua customer for some time, I believe you already build that relationship with the SC you're visiting. The MyVi looks like a more satisfying overall ownership experience for you.

Though the iRiz FL appears to be a more matured & refined car compared to the MyVi, but the MyVi should be good enough to satisfy your needs and maybe even impress you since you're coming from the Kancil.
Too bad none of the test drive model for Iriz is available for my local dealers here in Negeri Sembilan, even went through Melaka and received the same answer. Guess I'll be making a booking for the MyVi.

Thanks for the input notworthy.gif
Yuta
post May 9 2019, 08:37 AM

15 posts

QUOTE(MichaelJohn @ May 9 2019, 08:12 AM)
Too bad none of the test drive model for Iriz is available for my local dealers here in Negeri Sembilan, even went through Melaka and received the same answer. Guess I'll be making a booking for the MyVi.

Thanks for the  input  notworthy.gif
I have tested drive the Iriz MC2 at Giant Klang last week. They have Iriz 1.6 Exe available for test drive.
ayamxxx
post May 9 2019, 09:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(Yuta @ May 9 2019, 08:37 AM)
I have tested drive the Iriz MC2 at Giant Klang last week. They have Iriz 1.6 Exe available for test drive.
any feedback for the so called updated CVT software?
really good or just meh?
Yuta
post May 9 2019, 10:34 AM

15 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ May 9 2019, 09:45 AM)
any feedback for the so called updated CVT software?
really good or just meh?
Overall my test-driving experience was better than third generation myvi I would say, after comparing with my friend’s 1.5H myvi.
I was surprised that the iriz’s throttle response was instant and smooth when overtaking.
Cabin was quiet that I hardly can notice when I already exceed 100km/h.
Handle was better and less bumpy compared to myvi.

However, there was still slight CVT delay only when start to move from stationary.

**MyVi chrome centre air cond garnish will blind the driver under sunlight**
MichaelJohn
post May 12 2019, 09:07 AM

Pan Paka Pan <3
2,514 posts

Went to Chan Sow Lin to test drive the latest Iriz 1.6 premium yesterday and here’s my 20 cent on it and will compare some aspects with G3 Perodua MyVi and the previous Iriz FL (MC1). Not gonna talk about exterior cause that is personal preference.

Interior
+ The dark uniform interior looks better in person and has a nice touch to it.
+ yes the wheel knobs for the A/C feels more solid than previous version.
+ New GKUI is more responsive than previous version but has noticeable lag as well.
+ Semi-leather seats are really comfortable and you won’t slide as much when cornering
+ A/C is still cold as ever when I test drove it in the scorching noon
- The car signal sound is kinda annoying to hear imo (prefer the subtle sound like in Perodua cars)

Performance
+ Suspension is definitely better on Iriz and soaks up potholes/uneven roads quite nicely.
+ The updated CVT GB is more responsive however still has some delay when moving from standstill.
+ NVH is also better now but you can still hear the CVT roaring (?) during hard acceleration.
- Brakes modulation feel a bit too hard even when you light press on it (Probably my legs on this one).

This post has been edited by MichaelJohn: May 12 2019, 09:09 AM
dexaran
post May 12 2019, 01:11 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

do iriz has same interior space as myvi or axia?
MichaelJohn
post May 12 2019, 02:15 PM

Pan Paka Pan <3
2,514 posts

QUOTE(dexaran @ May 12 2019, 01:11 PM)
do iriz has same interior space as myvi or axia?
Nope, Myvi and Axia has better interior space management than Iriz but at the cost of insulation for NVH
lawrencehl
post May 15 2019, 08:28 AM

Casual
341 posts

Hi guys, compare between this 2 which is more durable and lower maintenance cost or both maintenance are almost the same? Let's say plan to own it for 7-10years
ayamxxx
post May 15 2019, 11:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(lawrencehl @ May 15 2019, 08:28 AM)
Hi guys, compare between this 2 which is more durable and lower maintenance cost or both maintenance are almost the same? Let's say plan to own it for 7-10years
I would say myvi cheaper as the cvt service plan on 60k from sc can consider major service.

Around rm750 on 60k km, rm650 on 110km - timing belt, rm900 on 120k km.
lawrencehl
post May 16 2019, 11:22 AM

Casual
341 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ May 15 2019, 11:55 AM)
I would say myvi cheaper as the cvt service plan on 60k from sc can consider major service.

Around rm750 on 60k km, rm650 on 110km - timing belt, rm900 on 120k km.
Thanks for the info bro, how about for the normal service (engine oil, gear oil and etc...)?
ayamxxx
post May 16 2019, 11:27 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(lawrencehl @ May 16 2019, 11:22 AM)
Thanks for the info bro, how about for the normal service (engine oil, gear oil and etc...)?
average about rm300.
u can check proton website online for details price service.

it just the cvt do cost higher vs myvi 4at gb in term of servicing.

feips
post May 18 2019, 02:12 PM

41 posts

Hi, since now it become sharing 2 brand company experience, here what I am going to share. First I am a Proton Persona owner, used around a year+. Proton Product are Great than what you expected BUT here come the frustrating of owner proton car, They after sales service are SUCK BIG TIME. My car used almost a year transmission got problem and they claim is normal and don't give a damn on me. I tried to went few SC which is first party one, some is my car left there 4 day and told me where got sound ? where is the problem? even through I record the video sent it. The end I have to GO KL HQ complaint and issue the fix but then I have to went to KL 3 time to fixed it but till now still got issue, after replaced the new transmission.....

annnnddd guesss what, When I tried to contact proton care line to issue the bad service experience from my state which is they main branch for the state, told me to write email, here can't. ok then I wrote a mail to they, the end is after 2 week, they don't even try to give me a reply whatsoever.

so the end, I would said after sales service are served as one of the big considering to purchase the car, is about reliable for the car having trouble and they will fully commit to help you solved the problem and the service toward to customer
MichaelJohn
post May 26 2019, 02:07 PM

Pan Paka Pan <3
2,514 posts

Thought I would do a comparison for the maintenance cost for both car models up till 100,000 KM (as Perodua doesn't state the maintenance cost for MyVi above 100,000 KM)

Since both Iriz and MyVi 1.3 has the same transmission respectively, maintenance cost should be roughly the same as well (if not same)

*Note: Price for MyVi does not include the optional preventive service maintenance (tyre allignment, air cond service and etc)

user posted image

Iriz 100,000 to 150,000 KM
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

FKP.JS P
post Jul 31 2019, 05:11 PM

Probation
1 posts

I got the new Iriz last week and the water dropping on my feet from the dashboard and rusty part found...ofcoz, weird sound from dashboard and backseat, too...

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0154sec    0.22    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:41 PM